JND Studios 1/6 scale Heath Ledger Joker figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And yet again, that's fine. I'm not disagreeing with you or saying you're not allowed to do either. :dunno I know you of all people here can see the issues the outfit and sculpt might have.

I'm just pointing out why the vast majority of collectors are viewing this in a certain light and will have a hard time seeing it's valve. It's beyond just "Oh they have INARTs version so they HAVE to hate this." When that's a really narrow way of viewing this.

it baffles me people are acting like a $1000+ 1/6 figure shouldn't be scrutinized heavily. The likenesses are not matching their price. Plain and simple.

Now who wants to buy my alternate smiling sculpt, that **** is staying in the box otherwise.

That’s not my reasoning, I purchased the deluxe Inart also, it’s more so the fact the people that purchased the Inart did so thinking it would be the end all be all Ledger figure to justify the price paid and are annoyed it was surpassed so quickly to where prices have significantly fallen. This isn’t the hobby for that mindset. Upgrades will always happen not just with Ledgers Joker either, everything. Film has slowed down incredibly, 2.0s are the future of collecting.

I have pretty much every 1/6 TDK released and now this on order. But I'm still hating on the inaccuracies because it should be better for the price.

Some people are unable to criticize anything they spent an exorbitant amount on because they have to justify it.

I think the standard version looks really good and they did a great job on the likeness for it but those prices at this scale are absolutely ridiculous! There's not much of a substantial improvement over other versions to justify it's statue pricing at all. Not to mention even JND has already warned their costumers about the probability of the silicone cracking over time and the silicone is why they want to charge those prices to begin with.

Furthermore I know there will always be brand loyalty but you'd have to be pretty disingenuous to deny how much better value InArt's version was, for a little over $1000 you got two figures with the first mass produced custom quality "rooted" hair, a massive wood and diecast jailcell diorama along with his regular base and an assortment of hands and arms like many others have pointed out. Two dogs, a chair and a detonator won't really enhance your figure display compared to that, in fact I predict most people who get this will keep the dogs in the box.

And then there's JND's attitude which just doesn't sit right with many of us 1/6 collectors paired with their dubious final products which always look like a big downgrade compared to their prototypes. That immediately decreases their goodwill with this particular bunch. I just hope Hot Toys, InArt and other companies will continue to recognize the actual strengths of 1/6 as figures instead of trying to chase this new silicone gimmick which quite frankly seems to be already doomed in terms of longevity, if people really want to pay near to $2000 for silicone sculpts then that's what bigger statues are for.

And I still can't unsee Fred Armisen in that smiling head.
giphy.gif

I have pretty much every 1/6 TDK released and now this on order. But I'm still hating on the inaccuracies because it should be better for the price.

Some people are unable to criticize anything they spent an exorbitant amount on because they have to justify it.
I am in the same boat as you dude, I still own the DX11, I purchased the Inart Deluxe, Artisan Joker, Option B JND and have a few customs as well. Go some odd pages back and you can see how I feel about the inaccuracies.

I just couldn’t justify spending so much for one figure when I can get multiple Hot Toys or a couple InArt figures for the same price.

Prices in this hobby have been crazy for a long time and we all have conditioned ourselves to accepting it. I just have to draw a line for myself.

InArt pushed me to the edge of thinking: “that’s too much”. For some of their figures I can justify the price but not going hard collecting them.

JND prices though.. nah. The only way I would maybe consider would have to be for a super special character that we don’t have a bunch of options for already. Like a solid Indiana Jones or something.

I have no Jokers and have no plans to get any, but still love reading this thread, as this is a start of new line which probably gonna offer my fav characters in future, but as it was mentioned few times I don’t want to spend as much money on a silicone figure, which gonna fall apart in a few years. Already considering to cancel their Superman statue I was so excited about, saw few posts over the social media about their statues getting some cracks here and there, not all of us have temperature controlled museum environment. Just in general can’t understand the obsession with realism and silicone. I love my PVC babies.

Last edited:
I got the type A, and am probably just going to do a suit swap, which is crazy that we have to do for almost a 1k figure. Very disappointing, but also I hope the headsculpt quality will be there once production hits.

longevity isn’t a problem for me, 30 years for medical silicon as what they say is a very long time. By that time there will be 100 jokers in the market.

Their the Batman 1/3 piece was great from proto to final wise in terms of technicality. Despite me not liking the bulging eyeballs they nailed everything else. So I hope they stay consistent with their first 1/6.

Type B ordered. Was considering C but that crazy markup is insane. I really consider myself done with 1/6 Ledger for years to come between this and IA. We’ll see what the next rendition will be but I think the 1/6 community having so many options will be good for another 10-11 years like prior Ledger Joker. Will be nice to compare them all.

TInArt had to have known JND was working on this, and raced their Joker out before it. Hence the sudden jump in quality to Gandalf. Hence the talk about adding "magnetic eyes" which then didn't come to fruition.

InArt knew all those things...

To an extent, Hot Toys would have known as well. They released that Armory Bruce with those fully featured arm and face" textures".

JND is going for the texture here by going with silicone.

Hot Toys, Queen and JND are in cahoots with each other. In fact, they’re probably all owned by Howard.

Hot Toys ARTisan, Queen InART, JND Kojun’s ART works.

Damn they're just playing us and taking turns. Inart went first, got all their orders, then HT got theirs, now JND. Watch the next figure be HT superman, then JND Superman months later.

Looking at this price and......

Jason Bateman No GIF by Emmys

I…I don’t know how to feel anymore after the full reveal.

The sculpt and paint really arent doing it for me. The texture of the skin looks like someone turned the sharpness level to MAX on their TV.

I…I can’t be the only one that’s underwhelmed by this right??

I think I will just save my PO for InArt LOTR, InArt BvS line and InArt GOT. I already have a Joker that I am really happy with. I dont want the same damn character displayed like 4x with very minimal improvements in between them.

For me it's a pass. I am satisfied with my InArt.

Got to agree with you guys - for this price I should be blown away and instead I am very much whelmed.

Pop Reaction GIF by Shania Twain

Damn they're just playing us and taking turns. Inart went first, got all their orders, then HT got theirs, now JND. Watch the next figure be HT superman, then JND Superman months later.
Exactly, there’s excitement but also frustration after you preorder something then something better gets teased. Lots of NRD’s gonna be wasted.

The Dark Knight Batman that’s gonna be possibly released by JND vs inart will be another battle my wallet isn’t ready for.

Back