JND Studios 1/6 scale Heath Ledger Joker figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That comparison is nothing. It’s a side profile shot of him standing but one is him raising his arm with the grenade rig and the other is him with his arms at his side, taunting Batman in the street with his machine gun. The lighting on both is different. If you really want to break them down, then sure JND can put his head down, down, down but he also has ugly, overly textured gloves and light, low contrast face apps because they can’t get full white and black to stick to silicone.

Yeah, the price is pretty freakin’ important. If you guys are claiming that there is a $500+ difference (or, pretty much a whole other figure), you’re off your rockers. You can get all post the differences between the sewing jobs and buttons, but at the end of the day, the difference is one has a hard plastic head and arms with magnets while the other one is a plastic head and hands with rubbery skin and glass eyes. If that kind of tech equals $500+ for you well, have at it. I bet this sort of trend doesn’t last that long. There’s a reason other companies don’t implement it.

Ya elitist guinea pigs, I hope your final products don’t come out well!

While I personally don't see the value in this piece, I genuinely hope people get what they expect for the money they spent. It's easy to forget, these are luxury goods, and while some of us may balk at spending dollar value x on product y, it doesn't make a decision to purchse "wrong".

I don't think people who are fortunate enough, or simply just willing, to be able to swallow that costs are "elitists" - they're just normal collectors trying to enrich their collections with the things they like.

I didn’t go for option C because it wasn’t worth the price increase retail added, I went and purchased the one I felt was, if I was priced out completely then I simply wouldn’t buy it. You can like something without being able to justify buying it.

I didn’t go for option C because it wasn’t worth the price increase retail added, I went and purchased the one I felt was, if I was priced out completely then I simply wouldn’t buy it. You can like something without being able to justify buying it.

Liking a thing is justification enough! I mean, what do we work for? What's the point of money if we can't use it to generate personal happiness. Value is like beauty, it's in the eye of the beholder. We don't need to agree with your purchase anymore than you need to care what we think 😂😂

Liking a thing is justification enough! I mean, what do we work for? What's the point of money if we can't use it to generate personal happiness. Value is like beauty, it's in the eye of the beholder. We don't need to agree with your purchase anymore than you need to care what we think 😂😂
Exactly, I went and purchased the Jazzinc 89’ Batmobile for $1.5K because I like it and love what Joost is doing with his pursuit of accuracy. That thing will probably sit in a DF120 for the rest of its life.

While I personally don't see the value in this piece, I genuinely hope people get what they expect for the money they spent. It's easy to forget, these are luxury goods, and while some of us may balk at spending dollar value x on product y, it doesn't make a decision to purchse "wrong".

I don't think people who are fortunate enough, or simply just willing, to be able to swallow that costs are "elitists" - they're just normal collectors trying to enrich their collections with the things they like.
Exactly, we're not all made of bloody money. Idk how you all get this money to begin with 😭😭😭

Screw C.

Atleast with B you’re getting everything they’re making in one go.

C’mon buddy, don’t be scared, they aren’t going to hurt you, You just said that people who throw down that kind of money on 1/6 dolls are crazy.

People that post what they post with the snooty attitude are elitist, Kojun Works Guinea pigs! This is an untested product in a market that this company hasn’t dabbled in. My question is how can you have this much blind faith in something being “the best” when the company can’t even get the bigger scales looking like Heath Ledger as the Joker!

The regular head looks very good, as a prototype, if I imagined it as a hard, plastic head. But something tells me 2025’s final product is going to be a little different. I’ll remember the haughty attitudes and posts when that day comes. Can’t wait to see the justifications.

Screw C.

C’mon buddy, don’t be scared, they aren’t going to hurt you, You just said that people who throw down that kind of money on 1/6 dolls are crazy.

People that post what they post with the snooty attitude are elitist, Kojun Works Guinea pigs! This is an untested product in a market that this company hasn’t dabbled in. My question is how can you have this much blind faith in something being “the best” when the company can’t even get the bigger scales looking like Heath Ledger as the Joker!

The regular head looks very good, as a prototype, if I imagined it as a hard, plastic head. But something tells me 2025’s final product is going to be a little different. I’ll remember the haughty attitudes and posts when that day comes. Can’t wait to see the justifications.

Bro.

The only JND statue I’ve ever thought looked good enough to consider buying was the recent Henry Jones, but because Indy wasn’t up to scratch and the production piece will inevitably only look even more haggard, the value wasn’t there.

I’m wondering if any character could get me to drop the cost several HTs when I still can’t point to a single JND piece that I think turned out as well as I’d want for the asking price.

InArt come across as sincerely committed to proving themselves and improving in areas that the community identify as lacking.

JND are coming straight out the gate all but saying ‘we don’t expect this new tech to hold up and we’re only going to offer limited customer service to local buyers. Deal with it.’

Screw C.

I need to be more mindful of what I type - I wish I would have typed "in my opinion, it's crazy to spend that kind of money on a small scale figure" - but hindsight is 20 - 20.

I don't disagree (generally) with you assessment of the product, I just think it goes to far if we start lashing out at people for exercising their God given right to spend their money on what they want - it doesn't make any sense to label those guys as elitists - I mean, come on seriously - is anyone buying action figures because it's "cool", they're hardly status symbols - I've never heard of someone getting laid because of their figure collection - in fact, quite the opposite 😉

There's no point in comparing InArt's Joker to JND's figure. One is a final product, that delivered the best mass produced 1/6 Joker set so far, and the other one, an experiment. Until JND's final product comes out and we see it, the prototype doesn't mean much given that there's always a drop in quality from proto to final production piece. If the final product is better than InArt, then maybe I'll get it, but who knows, by then the HT version will be out too and maybe another InArt offering in a different costume. Didn't InArt say they were planning to sell accessories and individual heads sets? That would be cool, rather than having to buy full figures.

I need to be more mindful of what I type - I wish I would have typed "in my opinion, it's crazy to spend that kind of money on a small scale figure" - but hindsight is 20 - 20.

I don't disagree (generally) with you assessment of the product, I just think it goes to far if we start lashing out at people for exercising their God given right to spend their money on what they want - it doesn't make any sense to label those guys as elitists - I mean, come on seriously - is anyone buying action figures because it's "cool", they're hardly status symbols - I've never heard of someone getting laid because of their figure collection - in fact, quite the opposite 😉
You don’t gotta say “in my opinion”, everyone’s posts are their opinions!

Lokki, it’s okay to think this stuff is crazy. Collecting is crazy. You’re on a site called “collector freaks” where we all buy dolls and statues. It’s not normal behavior, but it’s safe, clean, and doesn’t hurt anybody.

For the record, I don’t think everyone who buys one of these is elitist. . . but I do think Gary is elitist!

GaryPool:
Bro.

What GARY!?

What made me interested in 1:6 to begin with is that I love seeing something in person as accurate as we can get it, something tangible. You can only view films so many times. With 1:6 you get to see the character but without having to see it exactly the same every time. For example, when I view my DX08 I get everything I want from the character but I don’t have to rewatch say the art gallery / museum scene over and over to do so.

Last edited:
You don’t gotta say “in my opinion”, everyone’s posts are their opinions!

Lokki, it’s okay to think this stuff is crazy. Collecting is crazy. You’re on a site called “collector freaks” where we all buy dolls and statues. It’s not normal behavior, but it’s safe, clean, and doesn’t hurt anybody.

For the record, I don’t think everyone who buys one of these is elitist. . . but I do think Gary is elitist!

GaryPool:
Bro.

What GARY!?

Elitist how? Because I think this is the best offering of 1/6 Joker?

So all the people who own Inarts and comment how much better it is than all of Hot Toys offerings and ridicule those, despite paying significantly more, despite it being Inarts first untested release, their comments aren't considered elitist?

Mate, I use language to convey how I feel about these figures the same as anyone else is able to. Don't be the person that gets to dictate at what point it's not okay to compare other figures just because you don't like it.

I like this offering yeah? Guess what, you and others like a significantly overpriced toy and critique anything below it, don't be a hypocrite.

Suddenly elitist because I'm willing to buy less figures on a year and pay a couple hundred more than what others deemed was okay?

Again... Bro.

What made me interested in 1:6 to begin with is that I love seeing something in person as accurate as we can get it, something tangible. You can only view films so many times. With 1:6 you get to see the character but without having to see it exactly the same every time. For example, when I view my DX08 I get everything I want from the character but I don’t have to rewatch say the art gallery / museum scene over and over to do so.
Funny enough, the DX08 was what got me into 1/6th because when i first saw it, i thought it was a real human and couldn't believe a figure could look so incredibly realistic. So i get that same emotion too, i walk into my room and see a bunch of my favourite characters in figure form and it's just awesome. Some are expensive, but i have only about 12 figures that the price doesn't become a huge issue because i only get what i deem to be must haves. I justified the inart because at the time it was the best 1/6th heath joker on the market. And I'm done with that, and now eagerly awaiting the green goblin to finally arrive in Australia so i can add it to the collection lol.

Closer shots of the rottweilers:
Q7HiOYV.jpg

fdr0KRm.jpg

Elitist how? Because I think this is the best offering of 1/6 Joker?

So all the people who own Inarts and comment how much better it is than all of Hot Toys offerings and ridicule those, despite paying significantly more, despite it being Inarts first untested release, their comments aren't considered elitist?

Mate, I use language to convey how I feel about these figures the same as anyone else is able to. Don't be the person that gets to dictate at what point it's not okay to compare other figures just because you don't like it.

I like this offering yeah? Guess what, you and others like a significantly overpriced toy and critique anything below it, don't be a hypocrite.

Suddenly elitist because I'm willing to buy less figures on a year and pay a couple hundred more than what others deemed was okay?

Again... Bro.
It’s the way you post bro, it’s how you come off.

Again... Bro.

It’s too late Gary, your order has already been placed!

It’s the way you post bro, it’s how you come off.

It’s too late Gary, your order has already been placed!

You got the extra salty chocolate chip cookie this morning, didn't you.

Anyway, I'm glad that you think your expensive double pack is worth more and better than my expensive double pack.

Now let's make up. I'll let you squish my joker face when it comes and break some fingers, free of charge, JND got me covered anyway.

Back