JND Studios 1/6 scale Heath Ledger Joker figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Me whenever I see a new Joker figure
IMG_5471.jpeg

Just to be clear before my list, I fully understand that the InArt is a production piece and the others are of prototypes as I mentioned in the post you quoted.

• Squared off shoulders and better shade of purple on the outer coat on JND and HT. All 3 still missing the stitching on the lapels though.
  • In-scale buttons on the vest of JND’s and HT with a muted green on JND’s. HT looks like it may be similar in color to InArt
  • Sharper looking cut n sew in HT and Hand but again, those are prototypes vs a production piece
  • Shirt color isn’t so blue and the collar looks better tailored on both HT and JND
  • Tie appears to be more accurate on JND’s meaning one might not need upgrade to a Dino tie like with InArt and HT.
  • Pants appear to be roughly the same on all 3 just maybe different material choices. Will be interesting if JND opted for the accurate dot pinstripes vs full lines, I doubt it though.

Also, interesting that you posted that pic of Hwa’s previous outfit as it was mentioned earlier in the thread that that was an early prototype for JND’s figure if I understood @xXJ0kerXx1 correctly when they mentioned it
yeah hye or H-studio only produced the outfits. in that picture that is an adam gu headsculpt.

Exactly what I'm seeing, let alone seeing that from a prototype vs a production outfit has me feeling disappointed. I was expecting a possible step up here.

At $850-$2000 that they're charging, you're better off getting one of wonderworldpbr or Aries $400 outfit, which actually looks higher quality compared to what we're getting from Hot Toys/INART. Then slap a custom sculpt on it. You'd have a better looking final Joker figure for a similar price.

This just looks more or less the same but with some added $$$ on top and without the security that the production version will even match yet. Maybe the rest of the photos will impress more.

5LUowlV.jpg

xuAEKx3.png

ZpRRVfT.jpg
wonder's set is quite nice for the price. very affordable. aries is about the standard pricing or what to expect for joker outfits though. i think what exists in the market, aries is probably the closest but wonder is very budget friendly.

450 ~ for an outfit + 1200 for a head + 300 for accessories and other stuff (the price can be much higher)
or 850~ for an outfit + 1200 for a head + 300 accessories

jnd looks promising for a budget option if their main competition are custom studios

Is Kit going to carry this?
i hope so @Kit Chen

That is hands down looking to be the best 1/6 Joker on the market. The top down view alone is spot on.

Tailoring is definitely the best, purple coat alone kills Al other mass market. This company always delivers on par or better than proto so absolute faith it will come out that great

I don't need the second sculpt or the extras so just the single will do for me.

Exciting times for 1/6!

That is hands down looking to be the best 1/6 Joker on the market. The top down view alone is spot on.

Tailoring is definitely the best, purple coat alone kills Al other mass market. This company always delivers on par or better than proto so absolute faith it will come out that great

I don't need the second sculpt or the extras so just the single will do for me.

Exciting times for 1/6!
im in the same boat. but also not sold on the alt head. eyes lack any expression and he's just smiling. looks creepy af. i initially thought it was the hit me face but its just a weird concoction of hit me and smiling

1702294629097.png

That seems to be a trend for all mass produced Ledger products thus far. My biggest gripe of them all, he was legit balding in the film. There are certain scenes where you can even see his bald spot pretty clearly in the back
companies are afraid we'll start plucking it out at a fit of rage futzing joker lol

After all of the failed attempts we finally get an accurately colored pocket chain.
The laces look great but the shoes could use a bit of tweaking, a bit too round and puffy at the toes.

Yea they should’ve given the concrete floor from the interrogation room if they wanted to offer the chair but I get why wood was used, offers a bit of contrast to the alternate base.

But as more of this tech is produced, the lower the cost. So in reality, one day, the silicone, hair, glass eyes will all be part of a basic HT set... and by then the average price for a 1/6th figure will be $450... the usual suspects will be gone and new suspects will have joined the hobby believing that HT figures circa 2015-2020 just weren't at the level they wanted.

And around we go again...!
I don’t think so. I think we’re nearing the end of collecting as we know it.
Looks cool. Not sure it's worth a million dollars. Also, how can three different companies have the rights to make the same character in the same scale? That's crazy.
Because the TDK license is cheap, Ledger doesn’t own any rights because he’s dead, so all these companies can get in on the action for peanuts.

Lets wait for full pictures before we jump to any conclusions it's impossible to make out anything from this blurry zoomed in photo lol
im in the same boat. but also not sold on the alt head. eyes lack any expression and he's just smiling. looks creepy af. i initially thought it was the hit me face but its just a weird concoction of hit me and smiling

View attachment 677827

Me whenever I see a new Joker figure
View attachment 677823

Pretty much.

I love how active these threads get when pics drop. It’s always the same handful of crazies. Prepare to go down the rabbit hole of insanity for the next 6 months.

When I see all the comparison pics of the different Jokers lined up from different companies and custom artists, I start cracking up. It really is all the same ****. HOT TOYS IS BETTAH, NO, NO INART IS, ACTUALLY JND HAS THE SUPERIOR WAIST COAT BUTTONS.

Jesus Marimba, it never ends.

As for this one, too many choices. The rotties spoil and cheapen it. Animals should be banned from 1/6 dolls. They remind me of those animals you’d see at antique stores with the flocked fur. Just really, really bizarre. JND’s gimmick is the silicone head and hands. Just make one Joker with the two heads (that show case this gimmick) and stop trying to copy InArt’s formula of sets. Know your strengths. Same way Hot Toys should have just released a sculpted hair version since their only gimmick is a tongue.

Now that the market is flooded, none of them are really better than the other. The accessories alone are more abundant than they have ever been if you need a purple jacket, knife, machine gun, glock, playing cards and money. Sheesh.

Last edited:
Im abit confused and not too impressed with the accessories, especially on set A given the price point. The seamless arms with set A seem abit pointless with the purple jacket and the chair even more so, its not even the right scene to pair with. And the dogs on set B/C do we really want these?? Its very scene specific and the scene had 3 dogs, not 2 dogs so its not even accurate either 😅

To be fair, Inart just upped the quality of the usual fair, they didn't really do anything new, but everyone went crazy for it.

JND is actually providing a leap in 1/6 and suddenly this release is the straw that broke the camels back in how many Jokers there are or what people can put up with.

A couple years ago many people would be laughing at the thought of paying 1000 for a joker double pack and now that is acceptable. But again, JND's release is the straw that broke the camels back in that regard for what they're charging. There just seems to be a natural dislike of the company, yet from a purely objective point of view they're the only company at the moment that are breaking the barriers of what 1/6 can do.

Either way, I'm excited to see the full release. I don't much care for the dogs, seems weird to have them when they can't fit on the base and don't have chains. Definitely need to see more of the second sculpt.

To be fair, Inart just upped the quality of the usual fair, they didn't really do anything new, but everyone went crazy for it.

JND is actually providing a leap in 1/6 and suddenly this release is the straw that broke the camels back in how many Jokers there are or what people can put up with.

A couple years ago many people would be laughing at the thought of paying 1000 for a joker double pack and now that is acceptable. But again, JND's release is the straw that broke the camels back in that regard for what they're charging. There just seems to be a natural dislike of the company, yet from a purely objective point of view they're the only company at the moment that are breaking the barriers of what 1/6 can do.

Either way, I'm excited to see the full release. I don't much care for the dogs, seems weird to have them when they can't fit on the base and don't have chains. Definitely need to see more of the second sculpt.
Not really.

There hadn’t been a 1/6 Ledger Joker since the DX11 in what, 2013? InArt gets a pass because they revitalized it. The Ledger Joker front was quiet for almost a decade so when they came in, it felt “new”. Hot Toys clearly never had an intention of doing another Joker until InArt came along. Years went by with Two-Face 2.0, Catwoman 2.0 and Bane 2.0 which left collectors scratching their heads. Then InArt unveils their figure and Hot Toys pulls ARTisan out of their ass, it’s not complicated.

JND is in the aping game now too. These companies got to pad out their releases for “perceived value” for the prices they want to charge to profit. It’s why we get lame bases dogs. If it was just what it should be, a figure with silicone head and hands, they wouldn’t get away with a $400 release, it’s why these companies need tiers. “Special Edition/Exclusive” parts and/or accessories isn’t enough to get people to panic and plop down a grand now, they have designed whole sets in order to do that. You want that rooted interrogation head or that cool smiling head? You’re going to get a huge ass jail cell diorama and a couple of stupid dogs then.

What I find most interesting is how the statue companies want that dolly money.

I think it was because the quality of IA was a huge jump from what we were use to back then, and they were providing "quality" rooted hair for a relatively affordable price point that isn't a custom. That's probably why people went crazy for it, but timing also played an issue as now it feels like there are too many Jokers to choose from and feel Joker out.

Yeah sure you had to get the two pack with IA for the rooted, but at least it came with a quality cell diorama that you can display two very different Jokers scenes, whereas with JND, I don't see as much value with two similar display bases and at a significantly higher price point.

I think this would have been better received if they had nailed the core things.

What good are two interrogation room sculpts with a purple coat?
What good is an additional purple coat for an interrogation room figure on the two figure pack?
What good are two dogs when the tire iron is missing?
What good is sourcing a tire iron if there isn't a hand that can hold it?
Why provide two sculpts that require almost completely undressing the figure to use it?

I too was also looking forward to their innovation, but when you miss the core stuff, it just seems like a gimmick. Sort of like a new hyperdrive transmission for a car, but forgetting about the fourth wheel.

Just my opinion. Still hoping they address the makeup on the single figure so maybe that will be salvageable to me.

Back