Jessica's Planet: Life, Liberty & Pursuit of Happiness

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's two non-ape guys I recently painted (1:9 scale)

Bruce Lee:
brucelee015.jpg

Christopher Reeve as Superman:
christopherreeve002.jpg

You are an absolute machine! I peak in the Ape thread every so often... but with as much as you all do its easy to miss stuff! Thanks for sharing.

And I am very jealous of you Ape outfit... I would love to do that for Halloween :rock

If you don't have the cash you have to make the time. An Apemania outfit will set you back about 2 grand, and that's not counting the appliance, shoes, hair, glues, additional makeup yet...Which is why I have to monkey my own stuff. :monkey2:monkey2:monkey2 But I guess that keeps me out of trouble.

Last edited:
An oldie but a goodie. A Mego soldier ape which became my General Ursus.

From fugly:
IMG_1991.jpg

to fabulous:
IMG_2140.jpg

IMG_2272.jpg

IMG_2219.jpg
IMG_2267.jpg

wow..............your stuff is top shelf.
like GB, i too am an ape lurker and marvel at all of you aper's customs. glad to see you venturing out and welcome to this part of the forum. its not so bad here.......:D

p.s. cant wait to see the 1:1 finished complete.

Wow! Your sculpting of the Apes is fantastic!
Glad you posted here, cause I never check the apes thread...
Nice work, can't wait to see more!

I like the apes, had SSC's Ursus and Mutant but sold em to another Aper on here and havent had the financials to get 2 HT's (Id need at least 2)

Inspired ideas for the apes using existing 1/6th heads, using the real life effects in 1/6th a great starter for a great execution

Congrats

If you don't have the cash you have to make the time. An Apemania outfit will set you back about 2 grand, and that's not counting the appliance, shoes, hair, glues, additional makeup yet...Which is why I have to monkey my own stuff. :monkey2:monkey2:monkey2 But I guess that keeps me out of trouble.

$2,000 :google Crazy, but can't wait to see you in full Ape regalia :rock

Saya, I really love your idea of pastels...and that's how I achieve that hint of blush now on my Mego figures. Haven't painted up a 1:6 head yet, but someday soon I hope to.

Saya, I really love your idea of pastels...and that's how I achieve that hint of blush now on my Mego figures. Haven't painted up a 1:6 head yet, but someday soon I hope to.

Love sharing info. And will be looking forward to you're 1:6 projects to come. :D

Here is the last paint commission that I finally finished for a Mego repro Khan. :banana It was hard to finish because my costume was taking up a lot of my time, especially the hair/beard augmentation. Basically the head of the repro was too orange, and I had to match the face to the body. He is now enroute to New Yawk. I know...I know...doll dots...but this is Mego and if they can paint eyebrows and lipstick on Cornelius I can paint doll dots.

Before:
LG008-1.jpg

After:
khan009.jpg

Last edited:
I totally forgot about this project! This was commissioned by somebody at the Mego Museum. He needed a jacket for his Lois Lane. I recreated the jacket based on a retro-looking advert of a jacket I found in the newspaper:
LL3.jpg
Custom025.jpg

Of course, lack of human figures necessitated using my Zira figure:
LL2.jpg
LL1.jpg

Last edited:
Back