Jerseyfest Model Kit & Statue Fair - August 2012!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moonlightdrive21

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey guys:

My name is Dave and I am the producer of the “Jerseyfest Model Kit & Statue Fair” happening in August of 2012 in New Jersey. I wanted to officially announce the show to all of you and tell you about some of our plans for the event. You can also learn a lot about the show by going to our new web site at www.jerseyfestfair.com

I am a big collector of pre-painted statues and am also very into figure model kits. I always felt like these two worlds should come together more. One of the goals of Jerseyfest is to expose statue collectors more to the great artists and sculptors that are behind the scenes. I would like attendees to learn about their secrets, see many beautiful pieces that can’t be seen anywhere else, and have the opportunity to experience great demos that explain how figures are painted and sculpted. It’s time for both hobbies to come together and celebrate, and that’s exactly what we are doing in a grand scale for Jerseyfest 2012.

Jerseyfest 2012 is being held at a terrific venue that is allowing us to have over 75 tables in the 6600 square foot main vendor room. We are having many top vendors who will have excellent figure model kits, statues and other art for sale that celebrate great movies, comic books, TV etc. In addition, we have rooms for model painting demos throughout the day by renowned artists and sculptors, many of which are magazine writers. Some have done work for Sideshow, Bowen, Master Replicas, etc. We also will be having a "world class” exhibit of painted model kits, which will have many stunning, custom painted figures on display, which will include a contest with fabulous prizes. The show will be filled with eye candy for sale or display related to classic and modern horror, comic book characters, and characters from great science fiction and fantasy movies (e.g., Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, Godzilla, etc.). The statues and kits for sale, some quite rare, will be extraordinary, and many will be selling for excellent prices. All of this for the $10 price of admission into the show.

On the day before the vendor show, we are having an all day educational event that will consist of professional painting seminars and a “hands on” painting class where students of all levels will be receiving and painting a beautiful, life-sized, resin “Curse of the Werewolf” bust. The instructors for the event are top artists in the hobby who are well known by many collectors since they not only paint kits and write for hobby magazines, but are also often commissioned to repaint pre-painted statues.

Jerseyfest has been building up for 6 years with people from all over the nation and even internationally attending, and in 2012 we are coming out of the gate as a big show with a lot to offer that will make the trip to New Jersey worthwhile. We hope you will consider attending !

Lastly, we don’t have many tables left, but are trying to increase the number of vendors selling pre-painted statues, so please contact us if you are interested or can recommend any retailer/Internet sellers, comic book shops, etc. that may want to attend.

Thanks,
Dave
header_artb.jpg

Last edited:
Guys, this is going to be an exciting show with many sculptors, painters, producers and collectors under one roof.
I'm looking forward to meeting many of you and of course purchasing loads of goodies.

Saul

Thanks Saul!

Lots of great news about the show will be posted on the web site in the coming weeks. Keep an eye out. :)

i'm in for this...going to buy my ticket and also the painting seminar should be awesome....and its not that far from me..:)

wish it's a bit closer to nyc but will definitely make an effort to go. Sounds like a lot of fun!

what is the age participitation for the seminars ? i didnt see anything on the site.

what is the age participitation for the seminars ? i didnt see anything on the site.

Hi. Thanks for your question.

Regarding the all day educational event on August 3rd, which consists of model painting seminars followed by a "hands on" kit painting class: Students must be 12 or over. If students are 12 or 13, they must be accompanied and supervised by an adult who is 18 or over.

See more details about this event at this page of our web site: https://jerseyfestfair.com/?page_id=47

Thanks!
Dave

Hi. Thanks for your question.

Regarding the all day educational event on August 3rd, which consists of model painting seminars followed by a "hands on" kit painting class: Students must be 12 or over. If students are 12 or 13, they must be accompanied and supervised by an adult who is 18 or over.

See more details about this event at this page of our web site: https://jerseyfestfair.com/?page_id=47

Thanks!
Dave

will the accompanying parent or parents have to pay a fee ?

will the accompanying parent or parents have to pay a fee ?

No, the parent or accompanying adult would not be charged, which only applies if the kid is 12 or 13. We would allow one adult to accompany the kid in this scenario.

One of our goals is to promote the hobby to young people and encourage the next generation to keep the torch going. :rock

Feel free to e-mail us or send me a PM if you have more detailed questions

Thanks,
Dave
www.jerseyfestfair.com

can payment for the seminars be broken up into 2 or 3 installments with last payment being made prior to due date ?

Hey guys:

Exciting news about the 2012 Jerseyfest show was just published in the "News" section of our web site here: https://jerseyfestfair.com/?page_id=57

The show will feature a GIANT "work in progress" model diorama exhibit that will blow attendees away! Plus the debut of a superb, new Tony Cipriano sculpted, 1/4 scale, Planet of the Apes Resin Kit for sale! See many pictures at our web site.

Thanks and I hope to see you at the show!

Dave
jerseyfest_ad.jpg

Hey guys !

Over the last few weeks, we added numerous vendors and artists to our program for Jerseyfest in August. Check out the latest complete list on our web site, which continues to grow: https://jerseyfestfair.com/?page_id=343

New additions include:

Bruce Tinkel Monster Memorabilia
Cult of Personality - Tom Parker
Damaged Goods
Delaware Valley Scale Modelers
Gillman Productions (including beautiful Laudati and Vantine kits)
Jason Shanaman Planet of the Apes Kits
John Dennett
Monster Bash Magazine and Creepy Classics
ODG Studios Sci-Fi Models
SRS Prototyping Sci-Fi Models
Timeslip Creations Sci-Fi Models
and more !

John Dennett will be part of our schedule of demos and hobby talks and you can learn more about this great talent in the artist bio section of our web site here: https://jerseyfestfair.com/?page_id=435 !!

Folks, our diverse list of producers and artists speaks for itself and we are well on our way to have a super East Coast show for you guys. We are very proud of the list and would like to give our sincere thanks to all of you who are participating. We knew the show would be great, but this lineup is exceeding our expectations!!

What a great hobby !

Thanks,
Dave

Check out this beautiful, new resin kit of the "Metaluna Mutant” from the classic Sci-Fi film “This Island Earth”. The kit will be for sale in a very limited run at Jerseyfest on Saturday, August 4th. See more details about the kit and more pictures on the Jerseyfest web site here: https://jerseyfestfair.com/?page_id=57

metalunahorne6.jpg

Hey guys, we recently added more vendors to our show again, happening on Saturday August 4th. We could not not be more happy with the quality and diversity of our vendors and the products that will be for sale at the show. See the updated list here: https://jerseyfestfair.com/?page_id=343

Thanks,
Dave

Will there be any shows in Washington dc? Please come down here in the future. :) someone please take lots of pics!

Back