Iron Man 1/9 scale by Morstorm + Eastern Model

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rory

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
I haven't seen a thread yet for these fantastic 1/9 action figure model kits by Morstorm. I just finished the Mark IV and I think it's their best one yet (also here are their Mark 46 and Mark 50). Fully articulated, fully painted, light up led features, and diecast joints. If you love gunpla, model making, etc. than these are for you. They've got a bunch more on the way. They arrive as hundreds of pieces on plastic runners, pre painted and under gated, so all you have to do is snip and assemble. Once assembled they are clean and smooth as any high end figure.

I've customized them a bit, because I like to tinker, so I've added some additional paint details for accuracy, as well as adding magnets in the feet, so they're stable on a metal base without the need for any stands.

They're like great miniature Hot Toy Iron Men you can assemble yourself. I ordered mine from BBTS.

IMG_3944.JPG

IMG_3921.JPG

IMG_3946.JPG

IMG_3923.JPG

Last edited:
Wow they look great. How tall are they?

OK so I just saw a YouTube video and they look nothing like your pics LOL
Yours look 100x better, did you paint everything?

Last edited:
Wow they look great. How tall are they?

OK so I just saw a YouTube video and they look nothing like your pics LOL
Yours look 100x better, did you paint everything?
On the Mark IV I just painted the black part at the top of the chest, where the little bit peaks out the top of his armor. Then I painted his “eyeliner” for lack of a better term, for the thin black line under his eyes. Then I panel lined him, just like a gunpla kit.

On all the figures the golds and reds are unchanged from the factory paint job. I just paint accent stuff here and there. Keep in mind, on the older figures like the Mark 45 they sold both a painted version and a bare red plastic sort of diy version. This was the painted kit.

Here’s a promo pic of the IV as is from the manufacturer. You can see in my shots that I added blacks mine. I have to say their gold paint is ten times better in person than on their promo pics.

22BFAB5E-80B4-444C-B440-01D022D62AD3.jpeg

995855CA-BF44-4A26-BF8B-A6252B2B1CCD.jpeg

Last edited:
Totally a mistake. Fixed it in the text. Yes, 1/9 scale. In fact it’s close to ten inches tall. So a little extra bang for the scale.

you say 1:12 scale (6 inch) but promo pics list 1:9 scale (9 inch)

Is there two different scales available or did you mistake the scale?

Back