Jedi Luke in the UK

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vaderx

Freakalicious
Reaction score
Just wanted to ask this quick question. How is it that people in the UK who ordered their Jedi luke figure from online retailers like Forbidden planet are receiving their figures now and Luke is also starting to show up on the shelves in stores over here, whilst people like myself who ordered their figure direct from Sideshow havent even recieved our tracking Emails yet?

Just wondered if there was some particular reason for that? it does seem a little strange.

Last edited:
I'd like to know this as well. This is the first time I've ordered anything from Sideshow and I'm a little annoyed that those of us who ordered direct are having to wait longer than people who ordered from places like Forbidden Planet and it doesn't leave me with a great first impression of Sideshow's service to EU customers.

Dang, that stinks! Sorry, guys. Seems like you should get yours first, and it should take longer for the others, while Forbidden Planet waits to get theirs and then resend them. People getting them direct like you should have a shorter wait. :monkey2

My card was charged on the 25th April,yet the figure is nowhere to be seen and neither is any kind of tracking info. If this is the level of service I have to expect from future orders then I'll be cancelling my other 6 pre-orders and Sideshow will have lost my custom for good. What kind of incentive is it to order direct from the company website when you have to wait longer than anyone else to get the figure?

bcm77, in the same boat as you (although i'm waiting for luke and obi... hopefully without damage, dont want another smashin' time with him as I was in the same situation a few others had with darth vader) and presuming you got your invoice last tuesday/wednesday and going by personal previous orders it normally seems to be about 4-5 working days from receiving the invoice to tracking details then delivery the day after so I would be surprised considering monday was a bank holiday if the tracking details dont come through tonight or tomorrow night at the latest at 10.40ish. Personally have only had one order take longer from invoice to tracking and that was when a lot of things where shipping at the same time last year

ps I'd agree you would think ordering direct you would receive things earlier or at least the same time as retailers and i've noticed like others that ebay stores and the local Forbidden Planet regularly seem to get sideshow stuff in stock before I would receive my pre-orders, the worst time I think was the Weathertop Environment which I seen sitting in Forbidden Planet 3-4 weeks before I got mine although having said that, personally I would rather wait a little time for the piece of mind that you'll definetly receive one and if any problems do arrise when you get it sideshows customer service has a higher likelyhood to be able to satisfactoraly sort it out for you than a third party retailer

gam said:
bcm77, in the same boat as you (although i'm waiting for luke and obi... hopefully without damage, dont want another smashin' time with him as I was in the same situation a few others had with darth vader) and presuming you got your invoice last tuesday/wednesday and going by personal previous orders it normally seems to be about 4-5 working days from receiving the invoice to tracking details then delivery the day after so I would be surprised considering monday was a bank holiday if the tracking details dont come through tonight or tomorrow night at the latest at 10.40ish. Personally have only had one order take longer from invoice to tracking and that was when a lot of things where shipping at the same time last year

ps I'd agree you would think ordering direct you would receive things earlier or at least the same time as retailers and i've noticed like others that ebay stores and the local Forbidden Planet regularly seem to get sideshow stuff in stock before I would receive my pre-orders, the worst time I think was the Weathertop Environment which I seen sitting in Forbidden Planet 3-4 weeks before I got mine although having said that, personally I would rather wait a little time for the piece of mind that you'll definetly receive one and if any problems do arrise when you get it sideshows customer service has a higher likelyhood to be able to satisfactoraly sort it out for you than a third party retailer

Thanks for the info,I'm just a bit ticked off that I haven't got my figure yet,especially after reading that some ordered from Forbidden Planet a short time ago and have already got theirs. This is the first figure I've pre-ordered such a long time in advance of the actual release date and I guess I'll just have to learn to be a bit more patient in waiting for Sideshow figures to arrive.

Hi Everyone,

Please be aware that the Jedi Luke Skywalker regular edition 12-inch figure is now shipping out of our EU warehouse to all of our EU collectors. We apologize for any delay that may have been experienced in awaiting this highly detailed Star Wars figure.

Many of our products generally ship out to our EU collectors around the same time that the product is sent to our EU wholesale accounts. Obviously, the regular version was a bit delayed in arriving into our EU warehouse, thus why many wholesale accounts may have had it in stock early. There is no guarantee that your local store will deliver your item to you sooner or later then our site, as this depends upon production schedules, loading and shipping schedules as well as other factors. There have been a few recent items that have shipped to EU collectors even before anyone else.

Some first time customers have asked what advantages there are to ordering directly from our site? In pre-ordering directly, Sideshow Collectibles does not require payment in full or any deposits at the time your pre-order is placed. This keeps money in your pocket right up until the the time that the item prepares to ship out to you. Many of our wholesale clients, pre-sell their product to their clientel even before they receive it, requiring deposits or even full payment sometimes months in advance. You can choose to wait to purchase it from a local store, however due to pre-selling many stores may not have an item available for you when their shipment arrives to their store. Therefore, I would suggest checking with your local store owner and ask them for more details about how they sell their merchandise.

Another advantage to ordering directly from Sideshow is that we allow you to cancel, penalty FREE, up to seven days before your order ships. Thus if you find a better deal elsewhere, you are free to take advantage of it. Although we value your business, we want to make sure that you have ultimate freedom in your purchasing experience. Sideshow Collectibles also is prepared to assist you after the transaction is completed and the item arrives to you. We do this through our Returns department which is available Monday through Friday via phone and by e-mail, for the convenience of our EU collectors, to assist you in case you are not happy with your item or the item needs a damage replacement.

For our new EU Collectors who already received their processing notification, the correspondence explains that your card will be charged within 24 hours as the item will be arriving in a few days into the warehouse. The correspondence also explains that the next e-mail that you receive will be when the item physically leaves the warehouse and is in route to you. Keep in mind our warehouse is only open Monday-Friday. Also, on May 1st many businesses were closed for a UK holiday. If your card was charged on the 26th, you have only allowed two days for receipt of the merchandise into the warehouse, packaging, processing and shipping it to you, which is not quite enough time. You should receive your tracking e-mail by Thursday of this week for your order.

If at anytime you have any questions about your order, we suggest that you contact us directly. Our contact information is readily available through our site, our newsletters and our correspondence e-mails to you. We do not frequent these message boards often and would like to make sure that your questions are answered efficiently, therefore would respectfully request that you contact us directly.

We look forward to delivering to you all of your anticipated items!

Best regards,
Chicky
Sideshow Collectibles

[email protected]
[email protected]

1-805-214-2100 ext. 2

Thanks for that Chicky. Some very good points there. I guess its been a bit of a long wait for us EU collectors and perhaps those of us pre-ordering first timers like myself havent been quite as patient as perhaps we should of.

Gawd, wouldnt you know it? , just as i wrote that last paragraph, I got an Email. and guess what it was? My tracking number. Hahaha. Ah well I guess the waits almost over.
Thanks again Chicky for your response. It's much appreciated.

Vaderx said:
Thanks for that Chicky. Some very good points there. I guess its been a bit of a long wait for us EU collectors and perhaps those of us pre-ordering first timers like myself havent been quite as patient as perhaps we should of.

Gawd, wouldnt you know it? , just as i wrote that last paragraph, I got an Email. and guess what it was? My tracking number. Hahaha. Ah well I guess the waits almost over.
Thanks again Chicky for your response. It's much appreciated.

I find your lack of faith...disturbing. Mawhahahahah.

Enjoy Luke!

C

Thanks Chicky for the explanation,it's reassuring to know we haven't been forgotten and the points you made were good ones. I've just checked my e-mails and discovered I've got my tracking info so there'll be no more grumbling from me :lol .

Chicky said:
Please be aware that the Jedi Luke Skywalker regular edition 12-inch figure is now shipping out of our EU warehouse to all of our EU collectors. We apologize for any delay that may have been experienced in awaiting this highly detailed Star Wars figure.

Thanks for the update Chicky! Just one quick question - you state that the regular edition of Luke is now shipping, but what about the Sideshow Exclusive Edition? I've recieved not even recieved an invoice yet, so I just wondered what the status was on those pieces.

Thanks!

Chris said:
Thanks for the update Chicky! Just one quick question - you state that the regular edition of Luke is now shipping, but what about the Sideshow Exclusive Edition? I've recieved not even recieved an invoice yet, so I just wondered what the status was on those pieces.

Thanks!

I ordered the exclusive version & I got my tracking number last night so hold tight I'm sure yours arrive in your inbox within the next couple of days

Does anyone elses tracking number not work? Or is it just me.?

Hello
I have just literately signed up to this forums as I am somewhat getting cheesed off with my sideshow exclusive 12" luke order we are now nearly half way through may and still not heard a thing at all yet people are being lined up to have emails in regards to their 12" anakin, the fact is I did not even know about this thread at all talking about "jedi luke in the uk" let alone the forums itself if it was not for the fact someone posted it up on another forum I would have never known, I would not feel as bad and cheesed off if they send people a email to let them know if they are having problems with anything but I have just not heard a word.

skywalker_1982 said:
Hello
I have just literately signed up to this forums as I am somewhat getting cheesed off with my sideshow exclusive 12" luke order we are now nearly half way through may and still not heard a thing at all yet people are being lined up to have emails in regards to their 12" anakin, the fact is I did not even know about this thread at all talking about "jedi luke in the uk" let alone the forums itself if it was not for the fact someone posted it up on another forum I would have never known, I would not feel as bad and cheesed off if they send people a email to let them know if they are having problems with anything but I have just not heard a word.

I apologize that you are feeling upset. The forums are a good place to vent your frustrations, but not a very good place for Customer Service. If you feel that there has been some error in your order, please feel free to fill out our 'International Callback Form' and a Customer Service rep will call you to discuss your concerns! The direct link to the form is:

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?category=intlcallback

You can get to it on our site by clicking on the Customer Service Help Desk link (the one with the phone number and the woman's face on it) on the left side of all of the pages at SideshowCollectibles.com and then clicking 'Request a Call Back'. We do wish more international customers would use this neat feature, as we really do want to address any and all concerns before they get out of control! We don't like anyone to feel ignored, but we can't address the problem with you if we don't know all the info :) :duff

Back