JAWS 40th Anniversary IN THEATERS - CHECK YOUR LOCAL LISTINGS

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bucky Underbelly

Hoarding Since '70
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Not sure if folks know about this or not, but since it's one of my top three all-time favorite movies I thought I'd share.

It's not showing everywhere and they're only doing a four screenings over two days, but I would guess most folks haven't seen this on the big screen.

JAWS: 40th Anniversary

Luckily it's playing in my area. Really stoked for this! Hope they use the gorgeous 4K restoration/remaster they used for the blu-ray a few years back.

Not sure if folks know about this or not, but since it's one of my top three all-time favorite movies I thought I'd share.

It's not showing everywhere and they're only doing a four screenings over two days, but I would guess most folks haven't seen this on the big screen.

JAWS: 40th Anniversary

Luckily it's playing in my area. Really stoked for this! Hope they use the gorgeous 4K restoration/remaster they used for the blu-ray a few years back.

Seen it countless times, can recite damn near every line, call it my all time favourite movie and yet....never truly seen it as it was intended to be seen: up on that big screen. :banghead

And to make myself feel even better about that fact, I have seen 'Jaws 3D' and 'Jaws The Revenge' on the big screen:banghead:banghead:banghead:pow

Just got back... Great as always... 4th time on the big screen. 1x at the drive in in 1975, one time for the rerelease, one time last year, and today. So much fun to revisit my fav film on the big screen.

Last years viewing was my fav. It was in a classic old theater and felt like I time traveled back to 1975. Plus it was the first time on the big screen after so many TV screenings.

This time was great also. If the theater was not an hour away I would go again on Wed.

Just got back from seeing it. Incredible seeing it on the big screen.

Just got back... Great as always... 4th time on the big screen. 1x at the drive in in 1975, one time for the rerelease, one time last year, and today. So much fun to revisit my fav film on the big screen.

Last years viewing was my fav. It was in a classic old theater and felt like I time traveled back to 1975. Plus it was the first time on the big screen after so many TV screenings.

This time was great also. If the theater was not an hour away I would go again on Wed.

:clap...

Saw it today and it was better than I'd hoped! The sound mix was especially great. Pretty sure this was the new print they remastered and restored for the Blu-ray. Gorgeous.

Man, this movie just WORKS. Sure some of the clothes and haircuts are a little dated but it's amazing how immediate and timeless the story really is. Just great filmmaking.

Our theater was crammed, too. (I think Father's Day had something to do with that.) We had a great crowd. Applause at all the right moments. But I was amazed by how many people in the theater seemed to be first timers. There were lots of shouts and gasps of surprise, which was fantastic.

So happy I had the chance to see it on the big screen. Seriously considering going again on Wednesday!

My theater is making me choose between watching JAWS or The Terminator on the big screen tomorrow (both showings are at exactly 7:00 pm.) Going with Arnold.

really big crowd at Joliet, il for jaws tonight!
Flick still delivers on great scares, humor and awesome characters!
Still wonder why quint decides to push the throttle and damage the engine! Does he just accept that the shark will get him and won't give up without a fight? Did he just lose it under the stress?

Back