Jar Jar in carbonite from Hasbro

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Avfin

GONK LIVES
Reaction score
Anyone going to SDCC 1012
I want this---
JarJarCarbonite.JPG

There hasn't been much love for Jar Jar Binks throughout the years, but 2012 may just change all of that. Hasbro is doing another multi-figure SDCC exclusive set that includes one The Vintage Collection figure from each film in spectacular carbon-freezing chamber packaging. (The figures in this set will NOT be on TVC card back, but different ones - more on that in a second). The set includes figures Princess Leia (Bespin Gown) (Episode V), Shock Trooper (Episode III), Sandtrooper (Episode IV), Clone Lieutenant (Episode II), Darth Vader, (Episode VI). Exclusive to the set is the Jar Jar Binks in carbonite block. This highly detailed carbonite block has a removable back that when reverse has been hollowed out to show where Jar Jar has been hybernating (should you choose to free him from his chamber). Hasbro is releasing these figures in "cancelled" classic vintage packaging (card styles that didn't get approved back in 1978) and are now revisiting them in 2012 for this exclusive set. The same figures will also see release normally in The Vintage Collection packaging, except for the Jar Jar Binks carbonite block of course. It will be quite a year!

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Jar Jar in carbonite

I have a 1/6 scale Jar Jar in carbonate givens to me by R.Cross, the guy who made the full scale version hanging at LFL Presidio. I also have a 1/6 George Lucas in Carbonite and a spare or two. Picked them up at Dragoncon years ago.

Really lame of hasbro to put that in an overpriced box set full of figures most people already have 42 versions of. I'd totally have bought this, but I'm not buying a multi pack of crap for it.

Looks cool enough but I'm not standing in line at Hasbro since they have the worst line of the show.

Ditto! Unless there is something just awesome, its not worth the hell of their lines. Gotta get in line to get a ticket, wait for your time, find out the line is capped, have to come back, find out its still capped, come back again, still capped, try the next day, get in, and wait another 2 hours. Just not worth it.

Looks cool enough but I'm not standing in line at Hasbro since they have the worst line of the show.

I don't know, Mattel has a pretty bad line too.

Overall I am VERY underwhelmed by Hasbro's offerings in Star Wars and G.I. Joe. For the most part garbage figures all around and so many kitchy features (dice games, gigantic guns) they just don't appeal to me. Maybe the kiddos will like them and have fun and that should be the focus. I'm just off of Hasbro going forward based on what I have seen from NYTF so far....

Mattel at least offers a buy-online and pick up at con like Sideshow. Its just at a hotel next door, instead of at the convention center.

Correct they might have a messed up in convention area but they have the other so it balances it all out.

Jar Jar in Carbonite actually makes an appearance in the new Star Tours so this is a collectible that I'm sure even fans of the Disney ride will want!

The only jar jar statue i will get is one where he's on the floor, cut in half by a sith lightsaber.

I have a 1/6 scale Jar Jar in carbonate givens to me by R.Cross, the guy who made the full scale version hanging at LFL Presidio. I also have a 1/6 George Lucas in Carbonite and a spare or two. Picked them up at Dragoncon years ago.

Ummm...i think he was asking if you were going to SDCC 12.....

Back