Japanese HT Predator!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bardoon said:
I know for sure that a detonator came with the Scar Predator.
yep. that's specifically why i got the Ani Scar. love me a wrist detonator!

so both the Asian and SSC Ancients were in the movie as seperate individuals? thought they were the same Pred and HT had thought of a way to milk money by having 2 versions of helmets lol. but other than helmets the 2 ancients are the same right?

dekadentdave said:
No, actually BOTH Preds are seen in the film! The one holding the Alien trophy is the Japanese exclusive and the Sideshow version is standing on the temple in daylight:

predator.jpg
predator2.jpg
predator3.jpg

I ordered both but I have to cancel one of them. I was going to only get the Sideshow one but then somebody said it looked like the original Predator so I was torn between the two. I kinda like the Sideshow one better but I can't decide.

From my observations, there are three different Ancient Predators. From the pics above, the Asia Ex. is the first Pred seen onscreen in the flashback scene, SSC Ex. on his left, and the same order in the Temple/Alien swarm scene.

The third Pred with the Alien trophy is neither the Asia or SSC version, due to the smooth mask crown.

I think this might be it for Hot Toys Predators for now until AvP2.I am about 80% sure they'll get that one as well. I mean, what else could they do? battle damage Celtic with scratched mask and acid-burned claws?Chopper with a hole through his chest? :D

And there's also hope they might get Predator 1 & 2.

Bardoon said:
I think this might be it for Hot Toys Predators for now until AvP2.I am about 80% sure they'll get that one as well. I mean, what else could they do? battle damage Celtic with scratched mask and acid-burned claws?Chopper with a hole through his chest? :D

And there's also hope they might get Predator 1 & 2.

Invisio and Stealth cloaking Predators.

dekadentdave said:
Invisio and Stealth cloaking Predators.

Didn't think about that!!! :D

I'd like a "mid-cloak" Predator figure much like the snap-kit version they made. :chew

I'd buy a Chopper with hole in his chest given that there was an Alien giving him that damage, sort of a 2 pack if you will. The Predators and Aliens for AVP2 apparently are going to be slightly different, from what the Internet buzz is saying the Aliens will be designed more like the Aliens from the first ALIEN film meaning no domes and more ridges and the Predators will be designed much like the Predator from the first PREDATOR film meaning slimmer build....The story itself is supposed to have a disconnect from the first film as well....should be interesting because I guarantee that HT will be in there....

The aliens in AVP2 will be based on ALIENS and not the first film. However their design seems to be slightly different from Stan Winston's work.

Jedi_Mike said:
I'd buy a Chopper with hole in his chest given that there was an Alien giving him that damage, sort of a 2 pack if you will. The Predators and Aliens for AVP2 apparently are going to be slightly different, from what the Internet buzz is saying the Aliens will be designed more like the Aliens from the first ALIEN film meaning no domes and more ridges and the Predators will be designed much like the Predator from the first PREDATOR film meaning slimmer build....The story itself is supposed to have a disconnect from the first film as well....should be interesting because I guarantee that HT will be in there....
Now that has me much more interested! So they ditched the whole K-mart battle scene and set it in the future? I hope so.

I'm usually against needless variants, but a Celtic with scared helmet, reverse swiveled arm blades that he used to slice the Alien's tail off, and one sided chest armor after he got rid of the acid splashed half sounds really interesting.
I would definitely buy that one.

screamingmetal said:
Now that has me much more interested! So they ditched the whole K-mart battle scene and set it in the future? I hope so.

I'm usually against needless variants, but a Celtic with scared helmet, reverse swiveled arm blades that he used to slice the Alien's tail off, and one sided chest armor after he got rid of the acid splashed half sounds really interesting.
I would definitely buy that one.

Yeah. I'm still mystified that McFarlane didn't do a clawed Celtic helmet variant. And I'm a bit surprised that no one has made a mold of the Celtic helmet and made a custom clawed one. Or built one from scratch for that matter. I'd love to see that.

dark spidey, dude, man u're fast man!!:lol

and u guys are right..this is not a freaking toy!!its not just hard to assemble..and bloody hard to 'play' with!!..muahaha

IMG_4600.jpg

IMG_4601.jpg

IMG_4602.jpg

IMG_4599.jpg

IMG_4598.jpg

IMG_4597.jpg

Dark_Spidey said:
You seem to have much fun with it! Looks FANTASTIC. The poses you give him are amazing!

thanks, but alot of it is the same pose from diff angles (as usual for lazy me..:lol )..he's eally hard to pose with that damn netting over his bod...:monkey2

Looking good Edwint! Though all those pics really slowed my computer way down. I see that you have yours displayed the same, without those obnoxious long ass arm blades. Are you having a hard time keeping the helmet on? Mine keeps falling off with the slightest nudge.
edwint said:
thanks, but alot of it is the same pose from diff angles (as usual for lazy me..:lol )..he's eally hard to pose with that damn netting over his bod...:monkey2
Is the netting lose on yours? The netting here is much loser then the first two releases, that crouching leg pose would be impossible with Celtic.

Dang I can't get over Hot Toys' attention to detail!Thanks for the pics edwint!

I kinda like the forearm-side blades....I have my Sideshow Exc. Pred posed with them on!

Back