Jakks DC Big Fig batman v superman ,Super Powers etc !!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the input guys! I made a little stop at goodwill today. This is going to be a tough custom (going to involve a bit of fabrication). Still need to figure out the goggles. Here are a few teaser shots:

wow awesome I'm gonna be doing that with my NECA figure...

But anyways looked at Walmart no sign of the big figs. Then went over to Target and bam there he was. So I picked him up. This will be my first ever repaint so what does everyone suggest for colors for armored Batman. I was thinking Gunmetal for armor, and dark grey for under suit, and gold with black dry brushing for the belt and fins... Really wish his arms were more straight like on the back picture...

12923242_10154069482664346_8791295247951598767_n.jpg

Fab'd up some goggles this evening. They're not perfect, but will serve as a placeholder until I improve upon this pair:

I wonder what the changes are that Jakks makes a 48" version of BvS Batman? I guess not great, since the Darth Vader and Stormtrooper ones didn't seem to sell too well (even though $99 for something that big is a good price).

can i have a link to that listing? Curious becuase its an auction. VERY curious to see how much i can sell off my custom for, what people are willing to pay :p :D
I don't know how to share the link but it sold for 380 dude. It had 24 bids on it and the cape wasn't even all that good. Yours is better in my opinion. Theirs was good by all means but 380 is steep as ****.

Screenshot_2016-04-03-23-22-01.jpg
And Wonder Woman sold by Iron man as well. People could literally make a living from just this line alone. People are eating them up. A 19 inch batman sold for 81 dollars and it looked like ****.

Hi everyone. This is my first post in this forum and my first custom work in quite some time. I picked up the 31" a while back and worked on it over spring break while all the kids were out. I made the latex cape with leather texture to it as I just couldn't stand that fabric one that came with it. I need to do the stubble and facial work, but otherwise am happy with this. I put it on eBay because I may try and do another one, but if it doesn't sell I sure don't mind:)

-Matt

Hi everyone. This is my first post in this forum and my first custom work in quite some time. I picked up the 31" a while back and worked on it over spring break while all the kids were out. I made the latex cape with leather texture to it as I just couldn't stand that fabric one that came with it. I need to do the stubble and facial work, but otherwise am happy with this. I put it on eBay because I may try and do another one, but if it doesn't sell I sure don't mind:)

-Matt

Welcome aboard! Awesome work! This is a really fun figure, especially when you start to customize it. Check out the previous pages to see all of the different approaches some members took with customizing these big figs. Great job with the cape!

I don't know how to share the link but it sold for 380 dude. It had 24 bids on it and the cape wasn't even all that good. Yours is better in my opinion. Theirs was good by all means but 380 is steep as ****.

LOL I agree, especially considering the somewhat medium amount of effort you can put into this already great sculpt to make it look good.

I wouldn't pay that much for it because I would do it myself. Obviously there are people willing to pay that much, so who are we to complain? :p We can make a nice little profit haha. I do find it crazy that people would appreciate our work enough to pay for what we've done.

I draw the line at withholding info about how I customised something because it's always interesting to see people take your ideas and make them better. What I've seen on this forum is some truly spectacular stuff. Rouge runner can sell his knightmare barman for a lot I 're kin if he wanted too.

Those custom wonderwomen, supes and armoured barman will sell for less but still a healthy amount more than what you bought the figure for. IMO in a way you guys actually deserve it because you all took the initiative to be creative and took the leap in potentially destroying your figure in the hopes of making it look better.

LOL I agree, especially considering the somewhat medium amount of effort you can put into this already great sculpt to make it look good.

I wouldn't pay that much for it because I would do it myself. Obviously there are people willing to pay that much, so who are we to complain? :p We can make a nice little profit haha. I do find it crazy that people would appreciate our work enough to pay for what we've done.

I draw the line at withholding info about how I customised something because it's always interesting to see people take your ideas and make them better. What I've seen on this forum is some truly spectacular stuff. Rouge runner can sell his knightmare barman for a lot I 're kin if he wanted too.

Those custom wonderwomen, supes and armoured barman will sell for less but still a healthy amount more than what you bought the figure for. IMO in a way you guys actually deserve it because you all took the initiative to be creative and took the leap in potentially destroying your figure in the hopes of making it look better.

I thought about making another 19 inch and selling it but idk honestly anything artistic I make I fall in love with so I don't wanna get rid of it lol. If I do I'll let you know and how much just in case you are gonna do the same thing.

Wow. The thread I've been searching for. I've started on this armored batman 20" to stand against my man of steel neca 1/4. 2016-04-02 23.23.52.jpgThe head and armor are going well but I'm stumbling in the exposed batsuit portions. Shoe polish as many point out leaves it shiny, no matter how quickly it's dabbed away.20160402_002947.jpg I tried to lighten the batsuit areas by painting and enamel flat Grey. Then a light layer of polish. Still to shiny. My question is this...the wash that everyone mentions,is that a specific "wash paint" or a quick application/ removal of standard acrylic flat black?

Attachments

• 2016-04-02 00.52.33.jpg
    2016-04-02 00.52.33.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 206
I used black leather dye instead of polish and it is flat. Worked well, but I think a flat black acrylic wash works just as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, I tried the shoe polish and its too shiny for my taste.
I personally used lacquer paint with thinner, but acrylic black or any type of black wash would work.

Some mods I did to the 20" figs.
Superman:
repainted skin tone and remove thick eyebrows, fixed new cape and painted the blue
Wonder Woman:
repainted the metallic parts and the reds, made the straps and added the rope.
Batman:
Shoe polish on the body (based on Cosplay Chris' video), fixed new bigger cape.

a9lpom.jpg

s2uxc0.jpg

x5a2v9.jpg

cj7lc.jpg

156tso1.jpg

2qntonm.jpg

4jp3m8.jpg

You used lycra for supes' cape didn't you. That stuff is so dynamite. Such weight

Back