Jakks DC Big Fig batman v superman ,Super Powers etc !!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seing everyone great work made my buy both the 19" Batman and Armored Batman.

Just finished repainting both.

I didn't used shoe polish but blakc acrylic wash instead.

I need to make new capes though.

Awesome work on those faces. they look super-great. Can we have close-ups of the skintone? I've always been curious as to how pastels look up close and how they beat out paint in replicating skin-tone. Super interested in your stubble as well, I might even wipe all my paint clean off mine so I can repaint the stubble your way :D

Despite the fact you used a black wash instead of dry-brushing, I must admit, yours came out very interesting looking. you definitely nailed the muscle tone. I would like to see it under normal light pretty please? You've really caught my eye with your work!

Awesome work on those faces. they look super-great. Can we have close-ups of the skintone? I've always been curious as to how pastels look up close and how they beat out paint in replicating skin-tone. Super interested in your stubble as well, I might even wipe all my paint clean off mine so I can repaint the stubble your way :D

Despite the fact you used a black wash instead of dry-brushing, I must admit, yours came out very interesting looking. you definitely nailed the muscle tone. I would like to see it under normal light pretty please? You've really caught my eye with your work!

Thanks man.

I will definitely take more close up pics and regular pics. It was very dark today so I just took those few.

I will be finishing the cape on both and some final overall paint retouching on both and post new pictures.

I prefered to use wash just simply because it helps bring all the muscle and suit definitions.

Anyone interested in making & selling a cape?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone interested in making & selling a cape?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The capes are tough man but mostly in the cut and gluing. Made mine yesterday for my 31" and already dreading it for the 19". I did create a template so I'll post some pics in the next couple of days and if you like it I'll sell you one.

The GDbatman any price in mind? I have attempted making a cape for my 19 inch but struggled.

I just made a long cape for 31'' batman 2016-03-19 211544.jpg

2016-03-19 212214.jpg

2016-03-19 210533.jpg

Attachments

• 2016-03-19 212040.jpg
    2016-03-19 212040.jpg
    156.5 KB · Views: 253
Here is my 19" Batman repaint. Eventually, I'll replace the cape. For now, I'm just working on repainting the big three.

I'm going to work on the eyes a bit, then move on to Superman.

Would you kind folks recommend the shoe polish method on Wonder Woman's armor? I'm not necessarily looking for movie accuracy, just a sheen similar to that achieved by doing the same on Supes.

Here is my 19" Batman repaint. Eventually, I'll replace the cape. For now, I'm just working on repainting the big three.

I'm going to work on the eyes a bit, then move on to Superman.
Showed my son these pics and he said, "Dad, I think this sculpt is better than Hot Toys.". He may be right. Pretty impressive for a $20 toy.

I love that people getting into customizing these jakks figures. Here's my take on the 19" superman. This is my first time repaint of a figure.

Thanks jakks for making these accurate figures!!!

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

It's funny but that headsculpt is more impressive than the new HT version with a great paint app.

Here are Batman and my newly repainted Superman. These really are great figures. These are the 19". I thought about trying my hand on the bigger Batman, and cutting him off just below the chest symbol, and making him more of a bust because I don't want that big of a figure. Don't know if I will or not. Anyway, here are some pics:

Wasn't really sure how to make Supe's hair look more realistic, so I just left it...well, I touched up the edges and sideburns, but anyone have any suggestions?

Back