Jakks DC Big Fig batman v superman ,Super Powers etc !!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I shoe polished mine all over his bodysuit, like cosplay Chris , and then I brushed some Matt varnish over it all. It looks amazing. It's really taken the shine from the shoe polish while sealing it on.

I will post pictures.

I shoe polished mine all over his bodysuit, like cosplay Chris , and then I brushed some Matt varnish over it all. It looks amazing. It's really taken the shine from the shoe polish while sealing it on.

I will post pictures.

Matt vanish is very necessary!

Post your job Platty,I believe it would be awesome

从我的 iPad 发送,使用 Tapatalk

What kind of matte varnish

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From pixel dan's interview with Nietlich from the Jakks Pacific booth at the toy fair.

Applied the black shoe polish (kiwi brand, bottle, with sponge top) to darken the suit. I like the result so far:

Hey guys, here's my attempt at the 31" Batman mods. I actually started before Cosplay Chris and I've only decided to sign up on this forum now to keep track of your great work and share my own! :) I've done a repaint on the face and have a leather material for the cape. I've also weathered too. I have superman on the way and i'm resculpting Wonder Woman's head.
IMAG0241.jpg
IMAG0242.jpg
IMAG0243.jpg
IMAG0280.jpg
IMAG0283.jpg
IMAG0289.jpg

Nice job. How are you doing your cape? I had a plan to attach by creating slots in the neck to run tabs in but yeah now that Chris' videos are out I see he just glued it. Was worried about the weight. All I have left to do is the cape...

Guys your mods are terrific! I want to see someone do the 17" WW figure- add some shiny paint and fix the face abit

Meridian -- the suit looks life-like -- It actually looks like fabric! What was your repaint process?

Here's my update: just added facial stubble (sprayed acrylic matte black)

Meridian -- the suit looks life-like -- It actually looks like fabric! What was your repaint process?

Hey, I literally used Matte instead of glossy shoe polish. Despite the fact that Cosplay Chris thought that the suit had a sheen I respectfully had to disagree, I think his mods are awesome except for the shoe polish (IMO that ruins the whole thing). I matte black dry brushed, so that the grooves were lighter than the raised sections. I also dremelled and slashed the whole thing up with a box cutter and a X-acto knife to break up patterns, the dry brushing and even the piping.

I ran over the piping with a dremel. I intend to sculpt in even more creases into his suit (using reference of course!) using milliput. I need to be super careful about maintaining the texture though.

I struggled with repainting his face. I'm still a noob at traditional media and much better at digital art.

IMO, Batfleck has too much of a beard going on to call it a five o' clock shadow and airbrush in some grey. I actually sculpted in his facial hairs with milliput and dry-brushed. TBH, I don't think I entirely exceeded but I'll keep working on it :)

I have a faux leather material which i intend to glue on. Cosplay Chis was hit by inspiration when he did that, I give him full props, great idea. I would have never thought of that :)

Hey, I literally used Matte instead of glossy shoe polish. Despite the fact that Cosplay Chris thought that the suit had a sheen I respectfully had to disagree, I think his mods are awesome except for the shoe polish (IMO that ruins the whole thing). I matte black dry brushed, so that the grooves were lighter than the raised sections. I also dremelled and slashed the whole thing up with a box cutter and a X-acto knife to break up patterns, the dry brushing and even the piping.

I ran over the piping with a dremel. I intend to sculpt in even more creases into his suit (using reference of course!) using milliput. I need to be super careful about maintaining the texture though.

I struggled with repainting his face. I'm still a noob at traditional media and much better at digital art.

IMO, Batfleck has too much of a beard going on to call it a five o' clock shadow and airbrush in some grey. I actually sculpted in his facial hairs with milliput and dry-brushed. TBH, I don't think I entirely exceeded but I'll keep working on it :)

I have a faux leather material which i intend to glue on. Cosplay Chis was hit by inspiration when he did that, I give him full props, great idea. I would have never thought of that :)

What kind of matte polish did you use?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks man, it turned out awesome. I plan on using matte varnish to reduce the gloss. I was really torn between dry brushing the entire suit (flat black then dry brush in grey for enhance the texturing) and using the shoe polish. The shoe polish still darkened the suit a bit, which I liked, but the sheen is bothering me. I hope the matte varnish can do the trick.

Can confirm that the Kiwi shoe polish looks great on the Armored figure at least. Just got the figure and the shoe polish so tried it on my lunch break. I'll go over everything with oil and do the rest of the details after I finish my normal Bats but love the shine look on the armored figure and makes the color really spot on.

2016-02-22 15.45.58.jpg
IMG_6165.jpg

Here's my update: just added facial stubble (sprayed acrylic matte black)

How did you paint the mouth piece?With air brush or what?

That's awesome

从我的 iPad 发送,使用 Tapatalk

北京国安;8454317 said:
How did you paint the mouth piece?With air brush or what?

That's awesome

从我的 iPad 发送,使用 Tapatalk

Thanks! I actually just sprayed from the can. Taped off the head to make sure there was no overspray. I made sure I sprayed not to close with clean, even strokes until I liked the appearance of stubble.

Thanks! I actually just sprayed from the can. Taped off the head to make sure there was no overspray. I made sure I sprayed not to close with clean, even strokes until I liked the appearance of stubble.

can like this?ImageUploadedByTapatalk1456192952.682453.jpg

从我的 iPad 发送,使用 Tapatalk

Your fantastic jobs simply make this toy to a new level

Shall we compare it with P1S statue[emoji2] ImageUploadedByTapatalk1456193094.119538.jpg

从我的 iPad 发送,使用 Tapatalk

Back