Jakks DC Big Fig batman v superman ,Super Powers etc !!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Everyone is doing such amazing work in here. Here's my take on it. I added a bit to the neck and made a plug hot toys style for it to be able to rotate side to side as well as up. I used some glass eyes on it, filled the hands with resin and repose a bit more closed. Also made his stance a bit wider and more natural. Then filled in the stomach gap. Thanks to Cosplay Chris and his video for the inspiration to redo it.

a6416396d6479b8a4c306cd564790fe2.jpg

d0210281a1a35d4862964a0de5c4316a.jpg

13dd6a637c21ad04deeca91b5f38834c.jpg

b2aa5eac97383110d01791c0fcdb8444.jpg

ff74f218022f79f69a71da45d8cc918b.jpg

7a313ce499733eec1f86285c138754d3.jpg

5010cdb97f0ece17d3cb391c3e2e4a9b.jpg

05bd6004926e0d4a3203c7af832ddc6e.jpg

23160c40299e2eadacdd49684eec19a6.jpg

20c4cf5439a998b1d965247bf21d15db.jpg

6b374506b83b7d4ba357660e067fc137.jpg

This is stunning man! :clap
Really love how you did the shading.
Also the addition of glass eyes is brilliant.
I do agree though that the eyes are a tad too big.
But still, its minor cause the whole thing looks amazing.
And the realism effect is there.
Stunning work man.

Also, how did you widen those legs, seal the ab swivel and paint that gorgeous stubble :D ???
I used a heat gun to widen the legs and adjust the feet. The ab swivel I filled in using Aves apoxie. It has a 4 hour work time and dries enough to sand in 24 hours. The stubble was a base of airbrush tiny spatters. Airbrush at 10psi and comart Trans smoke paint. Then I sealed it and went in with a 000 brush and added individual hairs in a few layers. Then I went over with airbrush spatter again. I had a reference pic that I followed to get the stubble pattern accurate as possible.

I finished one for my statue collection.
Re sculpted his right leg and chest for better pose also added custom base and weathered cape like upcoming armored batman statue from SS.

256E7637570B196C2FA0F7

Hello Ironmann,
Another awesome work! Did you add lights to head as well?

I used a heat gun to widen the legs and adjust the feet. The ab swivel I filled in using Aves apoxie. It has a 4 hour work time and dries enough to sand in 24 hours. The stubble was a base of airbrush tiny spatters. Airbrush at 10psi and comart Trans smoke paint. Then I sealed it and went in with a 000 brush and added individual hairs in a few layers. Then I went over with airbrush spatter again. I had a reference pic that I followed to get the stubble pattern accurate as possible.

Awsome work! There's a point at which mods get so good that other people will struggle to replicate them - your work is an example of that. I've never been particularly good with an airbrush let alone being able to spatter like that :p

Did you repaint some of the skin too?

Awsome work! There's a point at which mods get so good that other people will struggle to replicate them - your work is an example of that. I've never been particularly good with an airbrush let alone being able to spatter like that [emoji14]

Did you repaint some of the skin too?
Thanks man. Yes I completely repainted it. Before I did I added a stubble texture in the sculpt with a needle to give it some texture. Also some dots into it to add the appearance of pores over the entire mouth piece. Some lines in the lips as well

Just FANTASTIC! Labor of love- just floored me!:clap

I was at Walmart after work and I saw an army of the 31" Affleck Batman. They were on sale for $24. They also had the 19" one for $15. Despite not liking the movie, I bought both. Something about the sculpt in the overhead lighting of the store sold me on them. It's got a great likeness to Affleck and the proportions and sculpt of the cowl and suit are spot on. The only thing I don't like about them is the cape, but it's a solid figure, especially for the price. The sculpt and likeness blows Mattel and NECA away. Makes me wonder if scanning was involved.

Wish I had the talent and paint skill to repaint these guys. This thread and some of the other ones I've seen online are amazing. It really brings out the sculpt and makes the figure come to life. Rahmier84's is one of the best ones I've seen. Wish I owned something like that, it would definitely be a great, standout piece. The wash on the texturing of the suit, definition of the muscles and that subtle stubble on his face and chin is just crazy good. Honestly, look at that, it went from looking like a cheap toy to a high end looking statue. Awesome work.

I was at Walmart after work and I saw an army of the 31" Affleck Batman. They were on sale for $24. They also had the 19" one for $15. Despite not liking the movie, I bought both. Something about the sculpt in the overhead lighting of the store sold me on them. It's got a great likeness to Affleck and the proportions and sculpt of the cowl and suit are spot on. The only thing I don't like about them is the cape, but it's a solid figure, especially for the price. The sculpt and likeness blows Mattel and NECA away. Makes me wonder if scanning was involved.

Wish I had the talent and paint skill to repaint these guys. This thread and some of the other ones I've seen online are amazing. It really brings out the sculpt and makes the figure come to life. Rahmier84's is one of the best ones I've seen. Wish I owned something like that, it would definitely be a great, standout piece. The wash on the texturing of the suit, definition of the muscles and that subtle stubble on his face and chin is just crazy good. Honestly, look at that, it went from looking like a cheap toy to a high end looking statue. Awesome work.
Thanks man, yeah with some work they can really shine. I'm pretty sure they used scans...looks close to these poses to me.
bebcb4601b61e2343eae42a0ddf61bbd.jpg

Thanks man. Yes I completely repainted it. Before I did I added a stubble texture in the sculpt with a needle to give it some texture. Also some dots into it to add the appearance of pores over the entire mouth piece. Some lines in the lips as well

Wow i tried the needle thing to somewhat mediocre results. Did you heat with a heatgun when scoring? i only used a measly hair-dryer, which is what i suspect the problem to be

Everyone is doing such amazing work in here. Here's my take on it. I added a bit to the neck and made a plug hot toys style for it to be able to rotate side to side as well as up. I used some glass eyes on it, filled the hands with resin and repose a bit more closed. Also made his stance a bit wider and more natural. Then filled in the stomach gap. Thanks to Cosplay Chris and his video for the inspiration to redo it.

a6416396d6479b8a4c306cd564790fe2.jpg

d0210281a1a35d4862964a0de5c4316a.jpg

13dd6a637c21ad04deeca91b5f38834c.jpg

b2aa5eac97383110d01791c0fcdb8444.jpg

ff74f218022f79f69a71da45d8cc918b.jpg

7a313ce499733eec1f86285c138754d3.jpg

5010cdb97f0ece17d3cb391c3e2e4a9b.jpg

05bd6004926e0d4a3203c7af832ddc6e.jpg

23160c40299e2eadacdd49684eec19a6.jpg

20c4cf5439a998b1d965247bf21d15db.jpg

6b374506b83b7d4ba357660e067fc137.jpg
What material did you use for the cape?

What material did you use for the cape?
Some faux leather I found at the fabric store
Wow i tried the needle thing to somewhat mediocre results. Did you heat with a heatgun when scoring? i only used a measly hair-dryer, which is what i suspect the problem to be
I think I used a exacto knife(no heat) for the hairs actually now that I think about it. Just a ton of tiny slashes flowing in the correct stubble directions. Then my smallest ball stylus sculpting tool to make pores.

Beautiful work, Rahmier84! Was the texture on the suit drybrushed? All paint or some polish used?

Beautiful work, Rahmier84! Was the texture on the suit drybrushed? All paint or some polish used?
Thank you! Yes i dry brushed all the suit texture first, when i looked at references and found it more accurate then having the polish set in the recesses, but it also takes more time. Then I airbrushed the muscle definition and suit wrinkles after.

dfbf5456eff7231a3d26069f0045ca2d.jpg

I think I used a exacto knife(no heat) for the hairs actually now that I think about it. Just a ton of tiny slashes flowing in the correct stubble directions. Then my smallest ball stylus sculpting tool to make pores.

TO my eye at least running an Xacto knife over the surface makes an incision alright, and you can see it for about 30 seconds or so. Then the incision, seals back up because of the nature of the soft plastic. Did this happen to you? Also how did you indent with a ball stylus?? IMO the plastic didn't keep it's shape when i tried doing that. I even tried a dremel to make pores, which made his skin look too rough. I ended up having to smooth everything back down with some milliput.

Now, for a bunch of humble suggestions...

I highly recommend you slash up your plastic to interrupt the "brick" pattern on the grey areas, this creates the same worn look the actual suit has as you can see in the photo you posted.

dfbf5456eff7231a3d26069f0045ca2d.jpg

I also had the problem, where I overdid the dry-brushing. The sculpter made a mistake of making the individual "bricks" on the figure too, large. When you dry-brush over the large raised surface area of the bricks, the overall effect is that your suit ends up darker than you intended. I recommend going over all the grey bits with and air brush to tone down the darkness.

Obviously, these bricks are made via digital sculpting, instead of having been individually sculpted in person. then the whole thing must have been 3d printed. I believe the bricks are large because of printing resolution issues as well as strength and moulding requirements,

Also you nailed the slashes on the chest. I personally would paint them black, just like in the real suit, but if you want a bit of metallic showing through them fair enough, it does create a somewhat logical effect. Like he has metal armour under the emblem, just like in the comics.

Those eyes are a bit large, i wish there was a way of fixing them, but because of their material they look super good in the photos. Just an fyi. You could probably make your own out of polymer clay, you could paint it up (even adding in little capillaries, because imo, when eyes are too white they look freaky) and then gloss coat, adding a particular thick semi-circular glob over the iris and pupil.

I'll just finish with, I love your work and at this point I'm just nitpicking on things which I think would make it perfect in my minds eye. I hope you agree with some of the suggestions i've made :D if not, no worries

TO my eye at least running an Xacto knife over the surface makes an incision alright, and you can see it for about 30 seconds or so. Then the incision, seals back up because of the nature of the soft plastic. Did this happen to you? Also how did you indent with a ball stylus?? IMO the plastic didn't keep it's shape when i tried doing that. I even tried a dremel to make pores, which made his skin look too rough. I ended up having to smooth everything back down with some milliput.

Now, for a bunch of humble suggestions...

I highly recommend you slash up your plastic to interrupt the "brick" pattern on the grey areas, this creates the same worn look the actual suit has as you can see in the photo you posted.

View attachment 258629

I also had the problem, where I overdid the dry-brushing. The sculpter made a mistake of making the individual "bricks" on the figure too, large. When you dry-brush over the large raised surface area of the bricks, the overall effect is that your suit ends up darker than you intended. I recommend going over all the grey bits with and air brush to tone down the darkness.

Obviously, these bricks are made via digital sculpting, instead of having been individually sculpted in person. then the whole thing must have been 3d printed. I believe the bricks are large because of printing resolution issues as well as strength and moulding requirements,

Also you nailed the slashes on the chest. I personally would paint them black, just like in the real suit, but if you want a bit of metallic showing through them fair enough, it does create a somewhat logical effect. Like he has metal armour under the emblem, just like in the comics.

Those eyes are a bit large, i wish there was a way of fixing them, but because of their material they look super good in the photos. Just an fyi. You could probably make your own out of polymer clay, you could paint it up (even adding in little capillaries, because imo, when eyes are too white they look freaky) and then gloss coat, adding a particular thick semi-circular glob over the iris and pupil.

I'll just finish with, I love your work and at this point I'm just nitpicking on things which I think would make it perfect in my minds eye. I hope you agree with some of the suggestions i've made :D if not, no worries
Thanks man I agree with most all your suggestions but unfortunately I just don't have the time to put any more work into him. I do a lot of comission 1:6 paintwork and it's keeping me busy. If someone ask me to do another one I will address these issues on my next version. I debated just painting the eyes by hand but I was really set on putting in some glass eyes. I was a bit too impatient to wait for the correct size. Some pics I've seen had more metallic slashes under the bat symbol but I might have gotten a bit carried away. It might not be totally screen accurate but I like it.

c8cd616bac8566ff4cbb1c4681e06330.jpg

I turned the exacto knife to the side to carve the hairs in diagonally..here's some close ups...zoom in to see the texture
It just adds a bit so it's not a smooth faced sculpt.

3880ff2c42506a171e792c9e29436e6e.jpg

6adb4e91581090841eeed46b37ceda92.jpg

4bcdf3fcc0e3f03103778e218f1392b6.jpg

Man, that's incredible. Blows the Hot Toys head away. Up there with Prime Studios, if only it had an attached, seamless neck.

Last edited:
Back