Jake Lloyd...10 years since Ep.1

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well he is on his way to looking like fat crusty old Vader.

Seeing what Vader really looks like in Jedi when I was a kid is far worse than Lloyd's "acting" in Ep 1. You are telling me that bad ass man in black looks like that????

:lol :rotfl :lol :rotfl :lol :rotfl :lol :rotfl :lol

Yippeee.jpg

There was noithing written in I, II, and III, for anyone to act to. And making Jedis out to be like vulcans made it so that even someone as charismatic as Samuel L. Jackson come off like wet cardboard. It was poo poor writing and not the actors, or at least we will never know because of the writing whether they were good or not. I hate these movies though so I will move on...

My feelings are that people who are perfectly cast in a role, and that role is of the innocent, naive, sometimes whiny, hero who has to grow into a being hero as per the character development... like Frodo and Sam, or Luke Skywalker for instance, usually have very unrewarding careers after the fact.

But the people who play the rogue, scoundrel, or savy but rough around the edges characters... go on to great careers. Like Han Solo or Aragorn. Pancakes have to have salt in them or there is just no dimension to the taste.

That is one of the reasons that Spiderman endures as a character. Once he becomes Spiderman, he becomes a wise-@ss and is more in control of situations, gets a little fagetaboutit in him. Peter Parker as a character alone is someone that we would forget after the movie was over.

In Hayden's defense he was very very good in Life as a House. Can't say I've seen him in anything else though? Ewan MacGregor seemed to do his best with what he was given line-wise.

There was noithing written in I, II, and III, for anyone to act to. And making Jedis out to be like vulcans made it so that even someone as charismatic as Samuel L. Jackson come off like wet cardboard.

QFT :lecture

The original trilogy was awesome because the actors/producers/crew weren't scared of Lucas.

The ironic thing about the PT, is that the story was far more complex, and with much more depth than the OT...
Unfortunately, the bad writing, terrible dialogue and crappy acting overshadow the great story...

The ironic thing about the PT, is that the story was far more complex, and with much more depth than the OT...
Unfortunately, the bad writing, terrible dialogue and crappy acting overshadow the great story...

Just because it is more complicated doesn't mean it has more depth. In fact it's shallow and convoluted.

But yes, this kid was ok in Jingle All The Way but crap in Star Wars. Not his fault so much as crazy Lucas.

He slammed everyone he went to HS and college with for starters. What a *********, that's uncool.

He slammed everyone he went to HS and college with for starters. What a *********, that's uncool.

Are you even serious? Most kids in HS or College ARE douchebags in general. That's just the way it is. I can only imagine the ^^^^ he had to put up with playing Ani in SW. The fact that he hasn't murdered anyone yet makes him a winner!

Back