Jabba's Skiff Guards??

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Giran is looking great Chris.I like the subtle difference dremeling the top of the head adds with the head wrap.
I'm still blown away on how you're throwing these outfits together.Fantastic work.

Cheers Duane! Thanks!!

Ree-Yees looks FANTASTIC!!! You can put me down for one when he becomes available. Super job my friend!!

I did some work on Giran today, starting to put more of the outfit together. Once again, this is a mock up of sorts, not even close to being finished.

Im not sure I like the knee pads, what do you guys think?? I may just go with some straps and the horns mounted to that. With hardly and resource material, not really sure what to do.

Last edited:
Thanks Chris!

I see what you're saying about the knee pads.The actual pic of the hasbro figure looks as if he has studded straps below his knees.
What do you plan to use for studs on the finished product?

Thanks Chris!

I see what you're saying about the knee pads.The actual pic of the hasbro figure looks as if he has studded straps below his knees.
What do you plan to use for studs on the finished product?

Yes, I am in the process of doing straps for the knees as we speak.

I am not sure what I am going to use for the studs. I probably will use super sculpy. I also plan on making the studs a bit smaller.

Chris

I made a few changes to Giran...

giran41.jpg

giran40.jpg

What do you guys think about the overall color?? Is it too green?

I cant wait to weather him and give him a couple dark washes. Thats what really brings these guys to life.

Here's an update on a project that has been overdue.As promised,I now have rotocast helmets for the Klaatu sculpt made some time back.
DSC00335.jpg

DSC00336.jpg

With a little modifacation(additional trimming & adding a backskirt),these too can be made into a helm for Yotts Orren
DSC00339.jpg

DSC00340.jpg

Anyone who received a Klaatu sculpt interested,PM me.
...And anyone intrested who didn't & would like to,I still have them avalable as well as my other alien head sculpts...Nikto,Pote Snitkin(w/hands),Evazan,Bom Vindom,& Snaggletooth(vintage Kenner/gentle giant inspired)

Just oustandingly amazingly chuffin fantastic I can not wait to get me grubby little paws on em. Thank you so much Enaud, making all our dollie dreams come true!!

Waiting the arrival of Duane's Wooof head and helmet, I figured I would get started on this guy.

Here is a mock up pic. Nothing is finished or weathered, just putting the pieces together. Chestplate was made out of sculpy and painted, bandolier was from the Endor Soldier and the fur was an old bath towel cut up and repainted.

wooof1.jpg

Looking forward to adding Duane's sculpt to this. I will also be doing a Yotts Oren in the future. Cheers!! :D

Thanks Feroze!!

I did some more work on this guy today, I found this link with some great refernece pictures. Its the actually mock up they are doing for the Hasbro figure. I really like the body length picture on the far right...

https://www.galactichunter.com/photo.asp?image=absolutenm/articlefiles/8492-wooof_input.jpg

Anyways, I got the back of the skirt done along with the pants. I bulked up the legs and then wrapped them in a suede/leather fabric. It looks like to me that Wooof wears insulated snow pants or something. I then applied the layered look and weathered. I like the look of this. I noticed that Vizam has the same style of pants. I am going to go back and redo Vizam's pants this way, I never was 100% happy with it.

I found some boots off TA from an Ignite toys Mongol. Painted and then weathered with pastels. I then sealed everything in Dullcoat. So far so good...

wooof11.jpg

Lots to do yet. Im not sure if I am going to add a holster for his blaster or not.

Chris

Last edited:
Thanks!! I cant wait to get going with Duane's sculpt and finish this guy. Wooof(Klaatu) was always one of my favorites going back to when I was a kid, I loved the vintage action figure.

Hey Chaka! Wooof Outfit looks really cool so far!
Thanks for sharing the pictures (incl. the reference pic..I have never seen this before O_O )

I'm still work on my one..and near done...only some (new) details 2 do :)
Hope i can show you some pictures before i go tomorrow in my holidays ^^

Thanks guys. I got my helmets and bits from Duane today. I couldnt wait, I decided to do a quick paint job to see how he would look. He isnt finished, need to add a few more coats to the helmet and weather it, but you can get the idea. I should finish him up this weekend.

wooof32.jpg

wooof30.jpg

Awesome sculpts Duane, thanks so much!! :D

Another excellent skiffee so far Chaka! Nice work! :clap

Based on the link you posted, he's spot on! How'd you get his pants to look exactly right like that?

and haha, the person who made that mock-up for the Hasbro figure in the link wrote:

"Secondary ld pvc bandalere and belt"

:lol

It's "bandolier," not "bandalere"... Silly Hasbro people can't spell...:slap

Back