It's the official: "Live.com discount for dummies thread"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mitch

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Well, I have a seller posting an auction in order to take advantage of this & the only problem I have is that I can only find one thread here in regards to this Live.com discount & all said thread contains is countless amounts of people yelling "woo hoo, look what I got for X amount of dollars" & "is it up/is it down" while all the questions asked by members go unanswered.

So please. Help out here. For those of us not in the know, those of us not to internet savy...or maybe a little bit of both:

- Whats the over all Live.com "thing" about

- How do I take advantage of it (what is needed)

- and any other useful tips.

Thanks in advance.

I tried search 3 times & it never brought up that thread :(

Here is what I need to really know: Are there any "catches" to me signing up to MSN just for this discount. In other words:

- Fee's: sign up, monthly/yearly, cancelation, etc.

Nope. No catches, sign-up fees, etc. for an MSN account. Just sign up and buy away!

I tried search 3 times & it never brought up that thread :(

Here is what I need to really know: Are there any "catches" to me signing up to MSN just for this discount. In other words:

- Fee's: sign up, monthly/yearly, cancelation, etc.

Go to www.live.com , type in wii, right smack dab in the middle you'll see, highlighted in blue and the first link, one for ebay, hit that and you're set. Do this after you get a live.com account. HTH

Go to www.live.com , type in wii, right smack dab in the middle you'll see, highlighted in blue and the first link, one for ebay, hit that and you're set. Do this after you get a live.com account. HTH

Wait, what?
No offense but did you even read my question?
Here is what I NEED to know:

Just what account do I NEED to have to take advantage of this discount: a live.com account or an MSN account?

Does either said account have any fee's that I should worry about or are they free? can I cancel at any time?

& why am I searching "wii". I don't want a wii, or is that just a search that always brings up the discount link.

Just what account do I NEED to have to take advantage of this discount: a live.com account or an MSN account?

Does either said account have any fee's that I should worry about or are they free? can I cancel at any time?

& why am I searching "wii". I don't want a wii, or is that just a search that always brings up the discount link.

It's fairly simple:

You sign up for a Windows Live account (same as MSN account)

Yes it is absolutely free, nothing hidden just use the discount whenever you can. You still pay the full price for the item, but you get the discounted amount as cash back after the wait period.

It's easy to just type "wii" in the searchbox on Live.com to get the link to eBay that's all. Once your on eBay's site through the link, you can look for whatever you want as a Buy it Now option and then pay via Paypal. Before you checkout, ebay will even show the discounted amount you will receive as a cashback.

You can go here for more answers:

https://search.live.com/cashback/howToUse

It's fairly simple:

You sign up for a Windows Live account (same as MSN account)

Yes it is absolutely free, nothing hidden just use the discount whenever you can. You still pay the full price for the item, but you get the discounted amount as cash back after the wait period.

It's easy to just type "wii" in the searchbox on Live.com to get the link to eBay that's all. Once your on eBay's site through the link, you can look for whatever you want as a Buy it Now option and then pay via Paypal. Before you checkout, ebay will even show the discounted amount you will receive as a cashback.

You can go here for more answers:

https://search.live.com/cashback/howToUse

O.K.
Thats what i'm talking about.
Thanks for the info.

One last Q: is it better to use my personal email address when signing up w/ MSN or the free hotmail address they will give you. Any benefits/pitfalls of either?

Thanks in advance.

I'd use the hotmail addy. Makes more sense I would think. Though I'm not residing in the states, so these live discounts are no good to me, from what I read in their FAQ.

Wait, what?
No offense but did you even read my question?

Part of the question had already been answered. Now it's all been answered, again.

Hopefully, you're set now.

does anyone know if this has been rolled out to the UK yet? they were planning to do it here next but i don't know if its actually happened. can't seem to find it on the UK live.com site. anyone know more? i needs to get paid!!

So it works really as a rebate system, not an instant discount? For example I BIN for $100, I still have to pay $100 RIGHT NOW and then they will rebate my PayPal $25 in the future?

So it works really as a rebate system, not an instant discount? For example I BIN for $100, I still have to pay $100 RIGHT NOW and then they will rebate my PayPal $25 in the future?

Yes, that is how it works. You will get your cash back in 60 days.

Back