Is this a clue to the HT Joker in Police Uniform?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All you need to do is dedicate hours of your life to creating a big Toy Media site and you can get one too. Small price to pay for a little plastic baggie with a piece of purple fabric in it :)

Harumph, guess I don't rate....

Its just a piece of cloth with a plastic zip-loc bag... If its a two face coin, I can understand, but this? You'll get over it by the time T4 Ht line hit the stores, SS.

Anyways, if they DO make a 2 in 1 (cop joker and V1 joker costume), they would definitely pisses me and a few others off. Since I already got a v1 joker and it doesn't come cheap. The least I need is another revisit.

Btw, does harue do single orders? I'm interested in some of his work.

I took a few pics, nothing you haven't already seen, but the pics in daylight give a fair indication of colour-

side1.jpg

side2.jpg

closeuplable.jpg

scale-1.jpg

Swatch photographed in daylight-
bluesidedaylight.jpg

blacksidedaylight.jpg

it's hard to tell what color that is via pictures as we have different monitor calibration, different type of camera. so what color is that anyway? purple?

hm...i guess this piece of cloth want to tell a concept...a purple one and a black one....my feeliinng want to tell that HT will make another 2 alternate custom like they did for supes clark kent/superman....but will they do heath ledger/ joker??:lol...or cop joker/purple coat joker "again"..:rotfl..just guessing.....

well, i'm guessing, (if the DX stands for DELUXE)
HT will probably start to make some extra super fine accessories like the Game of Death Bruce Lee from EB, who knows...

it's hard to tell what color that is via pictures as we have different monitor calibration, different type of camera. so what color is that anyway? purple?

It's a kind of bluey purple, I work as an illustrator and recalibrate my monitor from time to time. I colour balanced this in PS with the swatch next to me, but as you say, everone elses monitor will be different.

These might help a little if you have access to a Pantone swatch or CMYK tint book.
grid1-1.jpg

pantone.jpg

I have a terrible feeling about this... I'm guessing they'll be making a new coat?...

It's a kind of bluey purple, I work as an illustrator and recalibrate my monitor from time to time. I colour balanced this in PS with the swatch next to me, but as you say, everone elses monitor will be different.

These might help a little if you have access to a Pantone swatch or CMYK tint book.

well, looks like the swatch is for the cop uniform. right guys? :monkey2:monkey2

I would rather we get a revised undershirt with a better fitting collar. The vest could be improved as well, with scaled buttons in the correct positions and a fabric that has a slight felt texture. Better yet, if they are going to release a revised version of the V1 costume, why not release it separately as an accessory item like the Truetypes?

Last edited:
I really hated all the viral stuff when the movie was released, even more so now that Hot Toys is emulating it with the reveal of the figure!

I'm OK with idea of them doing a 2-in-1 with a retooled purple suit as long as they fix the shirt and tie as mentioned above. Just please give us a smiling head sculpt!!!

I suspect that this shouldn't be thought about too hard - unfortunately. It's probably going to simply turn out to be a deluxe wacked out version of the Cop Joker, but that's a pretty major let down as far as I'm concerned. It seems like a lot of hype over a variation on a Joker figure already announced. I'd hope that this much effort would only go in to something worth the effort.

I'm still holding out for Gordon, although we know the odds of that are awfully slim. However, that doesn't mean they haven't been keeping it very secret, even going so far as to give out bad info to avoid anyone leaking it early. The clue makes the most sense for Gordon, since he is the one that specifically talks about the Joker's clothes in relationship to evidence "Clothes are custom..."

So yea, against all odds, I think HT managed to secure the rights to Gordon/Oldman without letting us know, and that's going to be the big announcement. If it ends up being an alternative version of the Cop Joker, I'll be colored bored.

IF Hot Toys makes the efforts to get Oldman rights for Gordon, I'm sure they will take great care to be secretive and quiet after the Schwarzenegger debocle.

Hot Toys marketed the new Joker in their first hint newsletter that it would make up for missing out on the first two. If cop Joker came with a makeup alternate portrait and the v1 clothes, it would accomplish that statement. By itself, Joker as a cop, to me, doesn't make up for not getting the BR or v1, those are far more relevant incarnations than the cop disguise, cop look he doesn't even have his makeup on.

Back