Ironman 3 Spoiler/Figures Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's was my opinion too but the MK7 had been destroyed already during the mansion attack

Yeah, if it isn't the Mark 7 then it is one that is incredibly similar to it, I wish the Art book was out then we could get a better look at the suits.

Yeah, it looked like the mark VII as I remember the sleeve being red, but can't say for sure.

Really want to see it on a BR, everything happened so fast in the end that at some places I was virtually unable to comprehend anything, especially during the armours' attack.

Yeah, if it isn't the Mark 7 then it is one that is incredibly similar to it, I wish the Art book was out then we could get a better look at the suits.

Amazon are saying may 15th for that and I ca nt wait!

That's was my opinion too but the MK7 had been destroyed already during the mansion attack

That was the mark VII, I guess he had two. One in the masion and the other one you see it during his first panic attack and at the end when pepper destroys it :lecture

So he had the display version and a battle damaged version :lol

Just saw this.

it's a shame the armours didn't get more than a few second each. really a blink and you'll miss it affair.

Iron Patriot didn't even get to use his weapons :slap

Of the actual designs for the movie Mandarin interests me the most but i don't know if i could spend that amount of money on a joke character.

of the armours only Patriot, the godkiller and the Heartbreaker interest me based on just the looks alone

Just saw this.

it's a shame the armours didn't get more than a few second each. really a blink and you'll miss it affair.

Iron Patriot didn't even get to use his weapons :slap

Of the actual designs for the movie Mandarin interests me the most but i don't know if i could spend that amount of money on a joke character.

of the armours only Patriot, the godkiller and the Heartbreaker interest me based on just the looks alone

You are right, that was weird.. Savin is the only one that uses the weapons.

I think there must be tons of great deleted scenes, I wanted to see more action at the end but it was great anyway

yeah

Screen%20Shot%202013-04-15%20at%208.01.22%20AM.png

I was kind of surprised he lasted so long

Amazon are saying may 15th for that and I ca nt wait!

Ohh cool, for some reason I had it in my head it was out in June

we see it blow up in the trailer but i think they edited that part out for the actual film.

I thought that as well but I couldn't think if I was mis-remembering it, so I suppose there is precedent for the Mark 7 surviving the Mansion attack.

just watched this movie last night & dissapointed. I'm not seeing the invincible iron man there:(
I'm kind of expecting new weapon systems for mark 42, just like mark 7 in the avengers, but I only saw mark 42 being crushed by a truck:thud:
And with enemies like that, why would Tony fight in close combat?:slap

I get what you mean, throughout the whole movie his only arsenal was his repulsors.

Hollywood butchers one of the great iron man villains of all time.

Though i enjoyed Trevor i can't disagree, Mandarin had so much potential and they shat all over that.

Green Goblin and Dr Doom were done more accurate :lol

I agree.

One of the things that I found so cool about the first Iron Man film was that while the technology was highly advanced, it was still just within the realm of believability. You could almost believe that something like this could really exist.

Every film they have taken it farther and farther away from this, what with a gantry that can disassemble the armor while Tony is walking, a flying armor that can catch Tony assemble itself and boot up before he hits the ground, and now modular armor that flys and assembles itself on Tony.

Sure it makes for cool CGI, but you lose something the farther and farther you move from reality.

A nano particle suit which is stored inside Tony's body and assembles itself (or whatever) would just be kind of stupid.

:goodpost:

The leap happens quite fast, In IM2 he had the suitcase armour which while still fantastical at least resemble reality. in this this just went up a nothc, a bit too far.

Even the telekenisis was just there at the beginning, i don't fully understand how it does it. did he inject magnets into his body so the parts know where to attatch and how did he relate that to his thoughts.

Because getting bitten by a radioactive spider and being able to crawl walls is believable? Like getting blasted by high doses of gamma radiation allows you to turn into the Hulk? They're comic book movies. Demand too much reality from them, you'll go insane.

My rule for watching these movies, go in, turn higher reasoning off, and enjoy the ride. And when all is said and done, it's a fun ride. :)

Difference being those are based on unknowing variables. The tech Stark uses is established in our reality for the most part, just slightly above ours. So it should remain in line with what is capable with tech within the next twenty years.

All the Extremis powers, except for the see through skin, are right there in the book. Mallen breathes fire at Tony. Interesting read from the SHH boards about what they call 'Killiandarin':

'Killiandarin karate-chops armors in half like comic Mandarin.(albeit because of extremis amped strength rather than chi amped strength)

Killiandarin is a mad scientist like comic Mandarin.

Killiandarin has a dragon tattoo like comic Mandarin.

Killiandarin is obsessed with achieving perfection of mind and body like comic Mandarin.

He's got a crazy scheme of the sort Mandarin tends to have.

Killiandarin is actually pretty much comic Mandarin except for race.
You know...with it explained in this way, I'm actually much more satisfied with everything.

In fact, it appears that The Mandarin is truly portrayed in this film in full force...he's just split into two different people.

You have the "heart" of the Mandarin (all of the "Killiandarin" aspects you pointed out, minus the race and general history of the comic Mandarin) in Killian, and then you have the "face" of the Mandarin (robes, terrifying nature, iconography, general appearance) in Trevor the actor.

I think I may be swaying from on-the-fence in regards to this twist and how the Mandarin was handled over to actually really liking it...and I haven't even seen the movie yet! lol

EDIT: In fact, I would bet that fans would be a lot more accepting of all of this if Killian was just given a different name. I would imagine that people would be mostly okay with him not being of Asian descent, but I think fans are having a difficult time reconciling that they've combined the characters of Aldrich Killian and the Mandarin into one."

Last edited:
Back