Statue Iron Studios Mandalorian 1/4 scale statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AB44CDCD-6872-4F7D-94AE-B602C9CDA7A5.jpeg

I better put my season 2 poster up.

Happy to finally getting this in sometime next week. What a strange situation surrounding the distribution of this great looking statue.

Happy to finally getting this in sometime next week. What a strange situation surrounding the distribution of this great looking statue.
Congrats it's truly a great piece - IMO just captures the essence of the 2 main characters.

Well, guess Sideshow really didn't want the competition and was hoping - maybe - the IS would be out of sight, out of mind, but really the collecting community talks to each other a lot. It's not like we wouldn't KNOW about upcoming products.

And I don't need RPs that badly, either.

I finally found the time to finish my review of The Mandalorian and The Child by Iron Studios. It's the first review that I have shot in more than 3 years, so it's been a while. It's also the first review that I've made from my new nerd cave since I recently moved into a new place with my GF. So now I'm banished to my room when it comes to collectibles and video gear, lol! Nah, she's really cool about it all, haha.
🙂
Oh, and I shot this video with a new camera too. So I had to spent a great deal of time familiarizing myself with it. I hope you like the result and will give it a view. Firm handshakes or elbow pumps to everyone! Have a wonderful Monday, and a great week!

I finally found the time to finish my review of The Mandalorian and The Child by Iron Studios. It's the first review that I have shot in more than 3 years, so it's been a while. It's also the first review that I've made from my new nerd cave since I recently moved into a new place with my GF. So now I'm banished to my room when it comes to collectibles and video gear, lol! Nah, she's really cool about it all, haha.
🙂
Oh, and I shot this video with a new camera too. So I had to spent a great deal of time familiarizing myself with it. I hope you like the result and will give it a view. Firm handshakes or elbow pumps to everyone! Have a wonderful Monday, and a great week!

Great job on the vid:clap! Pretty much agree with all of it, tho I don't pay much attention to boxes myself.

Sometimes I have to live with a piece for a bit, see how the light changes the look, and take some time to pick over the paint - which I did this weekend.
So I'm glad you talk about the paint. Except for the tiniest occasional microbubble in the clear coat, happy to know - like my other IS pieces - the paint is so clean. You can see that in your vid in places like the the color change of the gloves.

I also noticed the way the light hits the more textured beskar, there's really a brushed metal look. Plus there's a lot of really well done weathering on this piece.

My rifle holds pretty firm, tho one day I think I'd like to try a cloth cape just to get a different effect. Also depending on the angle, Grogu looks like he is floating, so IMO Iron Studios did a great job there. I've got no real complaints about this piece, for me well worth the price. If I am irritated about anything it's Sideshow being weird about offering it. Thankfully Popcultcha came through. Overall, just love this statue.:love IMO is the essence of the 2 main characters, in statue form.

Great job on the vid:clap! Pretty much agree with all of it, tho I don't pay much attention to boxes myself.

Sometimes I have to live with a piece for a bit, see how the light changes the look, and take some time to pick over the paint - which I did this weekend.
So I'm glad you talk about the paint. Except for the tiniest occasional microbubble in the clear coat, happy to know - like my other IS pieces - the paint is so clean. You can see that in your vid in places like the the color change of the gloves.

I also noticed the way the light hits the more textured beskar, there's really a brushed metal look. Plus there's a lot of really well done weathering on this piece.

My rifle holds pretty firm, tho one day I think I'd like to try a cloth cape just to get a different effect. Also depending on the angle, Grogu looks like he is floating, so IMO Iron Studios did a great job there. I've got no real complaints about this piece, for me well worth the price. If I am irritated about anything it's Sideshow being weird about offering it. Thankfully Popcultcha came through. Overall, just love this statue.:love IMO is the essence of the 2 main characters, in statue form.
Thank you very much! :)
Yes, indeed. It actually is easier to approach a review of a piece after having had it around for a while. You figure out more what you like or dislike about it. Even to this day, there are things I notice about it that I have noticed earlier. There are definitely some flaws to the paint in some rare spots. I think I've caught a few of them in my video too. But as a whole, the piece really is great.

Would be cool to see what a fabric cloak could do for this piece. As long as you have the sculpted one then I think it's fine to experiement. :p

Someone mentioned that mine looked like it was leaning a bit. Like to his right. I think there might be a slight lean outwards, but it's so little that I am not convinced it's really a leaning issue. When I am looking at him straight on, I am hard pressed to even notice it. So I don't worry to much about that for now.

Yes, indeed. It actually is easier to approach a review of a piece after having had it around for a while. You figure out more what you like or dislike about it. Even to this day, there are things I notice about it that I have noticed earlier. There are definitely some flaws to the paint in some rare spots. I think I've caught a few of them in my video too. But as a whole, the piece really is great.

Would be cool to see what a fabric cloak could do for this piece. As long as you have the sculpted one then I think it's fine to experiement. :p

Someone mentioned that mine looked like it was leaning a bit. Like to his right. I think there might be a slight lean outwards, but it's so little that I am not convinced it's really a leaning issue. When I am looking at him straight on, I am hard pressed to even notice it. So I don't worry to much about that for now.
I didn't notice any lean in your vid. Another good thing about this piece IMO is it's rock solid - at least mine is. Very strong magnets. IMO Iron Studios pretty well excels at engineering - they do some amazing stuff with their Marvel line at least. My 1/10s have some flight poses and never a problem.

Yes, happy to say that the IS pieces I have, after a few years even, are still some of the favorite things I own :love . They've come a good ways from the 1/4 Spiderman debacle back when (I was a wreck ordering the Civil War 1/4 pieces:horror).

Not sure IS will be able to top this one, as far as "quintessential" depictions of a character - timeless. Hard to say as the series is still ongoing.
And it feels good to look the paint over, think about how much time all that weathering and details must have taken, and think it was money well spent.:clap At least on mine any flaws are so tiny (and fixable, if I wanted to bother) that for production work, IMO completely acceptable. I have to have my nose a few inches away in bright light to even tell.

I have noticed this “leaning” to his right on mine as well, it’s almost like a weird optical illusion that happens from certain angles. Once I saw it on mine I started to notice it as well with pretty much everyone else’s pictures and videos, so I think it’s just a normal thing with these.

I feel more calm now. :)
I really don't think it's worth thinking about. It hardly qualifies as a lean. At least in the sense where it makes sense talking about it as a problem. It's not that here.

I just got mine unboxed, it's beautiful! I'm relieved that there is no damage as it would likely be impossible to replace. I love almost everything about this, the sculpting, pose, paint are all terrific. It's on par with their Vader. The beskar paint is very nice.

My biggest complaint is that I feel they overdid it with the brownish orange weathering in the nooks of the beskar. I'm tempted to try to remove some of it with diluted alcohol. What do you folks that have it think?

I just got mine unboxed, it's beautiful! I'm relieved that there is no damage as it would likely be impossible to replace. I love almost everything about this, the sculpting, pose, paint are all terrific. It's on par with their Vader. The beskar paint is very nice.

My biggest complaint is that I feel they overdid it with the brownish orange weathering in the nooks of the beskar. I'm tempted to try to remove some of it with diluted alcohol. What do you folks that have it think?
Congrats!:) Felt the same with mine about praying no damage - doubt Popcultcha could have done anything.

For me honestly the amount of weathering is perfect. The hint of dust in the crevices and on the base just feels like what would be in that kind of environment. Wish the red thigh plate had more of the irregular weld patch tho or whatever that was supposed to be. But too much great about this piece to worry about it. I guess that could be added if you have the skills.

Back