Statue Iron Studios Mandalorian 1/4 scale statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think reality lies somewhere between the two of your hot takes. I have the HT 1/4 scale on order primarily because I have the MYC season 1 mando statue and the IS statue is too similar a pose for me to get it as well. I also had enough prams and like the look of Grogu in the satchel. I only have the 1/4 scale Fett from HT but it's worth every penny and sits on my shelf with the other 40+ statues and doesn't look out of place at all. It's basically a poseable Premium Format statue. With that said, this IS piece turned out fantastic! The walking pose is done far better than Sideshow's attempt and while it does have inaccuracies, the statue captures the character and the show very well. Bottom line, both the IS and HT will be fine representations of the character. Hug it out fellas...hug it out. :)
Sorry I really didn’t mean to be too negative with my post lol. The thing I like about the SS Mando is they got the height of the pram correct to how it is in the show, it always seems to hover around the actors waists, whereas the IS sits pretty low and which is fine but I think kinda makes Grogu look a little more like an afterthought in terms of the spacing/pose of the statue. I agree the 1/4 Boba is really cool looking, but it was also available at BBTS for like a year for only like $450 which seemed like a much more reasonable price at the time. Again I already had the 1/6 version so passed with no regrets. Personally I just don’t feel comfortable paying near $700 for a 1/4 figure especially if it has pleather materials that you have to worry about deteriorating down the line, I will always go for the statue instead. I also don’t think I’m in the minority since a lot of their recent 1/4 figures have hung around in stock forever and eventually go on discount.

I missed out on the MYC Mando (making up for it by having probably way too much stuff on preorder with them currently lol) but definitely prefer the helmet shape and paint on this IS version over theirs.

Sorry I really didn’t mean to be too negative with my post lol. The thing I like about the SS Mando is they got the height of the pram correct to how it is in the show, it always seems to hover around the actors waists, whereas the IS sits pretty low and which is fine but I think kinda makes Grogu look a little more like an afterthought in terms of the spacing/pose of the statue. I agree the 1/4 Boba is really cool looking, but it was also available at BBTS for like a year for only like $450 which seemed like a much more reasonable price at the time. Again I already had the 1/6 version so passed with no regrets. Personally I just don’t feel comfortable paying near $700 for a 1/4 figure especially if it has pleather materials that you have to worry about deteriorating down the line, I will always go for the statue instead. I missed out on the MYC Mando (making up for it by having probably way too much stuff on preorder with them currently lol) but definitely prefer the helmet shape and paint on this IS version over theirs.
All good, it's all just opinion and perspective. I'm also someone who prefers mixed media in their statues, so that's another reason I gravitated toward the HT. If you don't get the ridiculous stand with the HT Mando, it's $550, which is a little easier to take.

All good, it's all just opinion and perspective. I'm also someone who prefers mixed media in their statues, so that's another reason I gravitated toward the HT. If you don't get the ridiculous stand with the HT Mando, it's $550, which is a little easier to take.
$550 but more like $625 if you order directly from SS with tax and shipping.

What... the complete... ****????

I'm guessing your eyes must be painted on, you just don't like statues, or some other bias going on... because if you haven't seen this in-hand, you have no real idea about how damn good it looks. Is it 100% screen accurate? No. Does it capture the feeling of the characters and a great display piece? Hell yes. Same as their Vader.

But let me guess, you prefer the HT Grogu 1:1 over the SSC, don't you?

View attachment 535523

Same dude thinks Back to the Future and Raiders of the Lost Ark are bad...

No offense but I don’t think you’ll see too many people here agreeing with you on this hot take lol. Yes it has its accuracy issues but it’s a piece of art, not a prop replica. Also, why the hell would anyone want the 1/4 Hot Toys if, like me, they already own both of the 1/6 Mandalorians? It’s literally just the same thing but scaled up—they didn’t even bother to upgrade it to the chrome plating. (And just generally speaking, Hot Toys lost me on their 1/4 scale figures when they started charging 1/4 statue prices for their oversized dolls.) Plus, you can always go back years from now and pick up one of their 1/4 figures for only a small price increase if you decide you want it, whereas something like this with an ES of only 750 will be hard to get a hold of for a reasonable price just like we see now with the Iron Studios Vader.
I don't really care if people agre with me or not man, just looks really bad to me, I don't get why anyone would pick this over something way more accurate :dunno

Same dude thinks Back to the Future and Raiders of the Lost Ark are bad...

Don't think they're bad, I just don't like them, there's a difference. This is bad though.

No, this just looks like complete arse lol. Yet to see an Iron Studios piece that looks good or is worth the asking price.

I have the SS Grogu and think the HT one is horrible so…

Well... at least we can agree on that.

Packing was really good. I’m glad too because the outer box was beat up pretty good and even had a hole in it.

Great, mine should be here Tuesday or so they say.... :panic:
Hope mine looks as great as everyone else's pics - I've found IS to be pretty consistent, overall.

No, this just looks like complete arse lol. Yet to see an Iron Studios piece that looks good or is worth the asking price.

I have the SS Grogu and think the HT one is horrible so…

I think my IS 1/4 - and even the 1/10s - are amazing; probably the finest pieces I will ever own, except for a few WETA pieces. So is the IS Vader, which I almost picked up and probably should have.
IS' ability to have energy in their pieces, along with texture and clean paint work, plus some amazing engineering keeps me a huge fan. They can also pull off portrait sculpts.

This piece was an insta-buy for me, even if having no payment plan (thanks for that, Sideshow!) was a strain. But different strokes. Am sure there are gonna be buyers for the latest SSC Black Widow, and IMO to me that one is - not good, I can't look at it without thinking a pose that looks fine on a comic book cover doesn't translate well. Probably enough has been said about the SSC catwalk Mando.:horror

Yes it has its accuracy issues but it’s a piece of art, not a prop replica. Also, why the hell would anyone want the 1/4 Hot Toys if, like me, they already own both of the 1/6 Mandalorians? It’s literally just the same thing but scaled up—they didn’t even bother to upgrade it to the chrome plating.

IS re-interprets from the films a lot of the time - like the Civil War diorama bases don't match the film, or the poses for the most part - but the pieces evoke the whole setting of the film (industrial). I've got no problem at all with IS putting Beskar on a Season 1 original image - tho I would have bought the piece in original armor as well.

Gotta agree about the 1/4 HTs. At first I was all glassy-eyed about the idea of a great big Mando, but then after thinking about it a lot I felt stupid 'coz it was something I already owned, just bigger, which also at 1/4 went with no other HT I already had.:(

Last edited:
Plus, you can always go back years from now and pick up one of their 1/4 figures for only a small price increase if you decide you want it, whereas something like this with an ES of only 750 will be hard to get a hold of for a reasonable price just like we see now with the Iron Studios Vader.
This is so true and cannot be overstated. 750 ES seems like a lot but if the statue is popular, that is an extremely small number. That is the same Edition Size as with Sideshow's Grand Moff Tarkin PF and I can't seem to get one for any normal price to this day.

best 1/4 mando statue, no contest. sideshow version? ehhhhh.. hottoys version? ugghhhh..

Mando arrived today from Popcultcha, no issues whatsoever! This thing is incredible in person and I am especially impressed with the paintwork on the Grogu. Gotta say though as my first 1/4 statue I was not prepared for the size of the box it arrived in lol. Here are a couple quick pics, I think I am going to go with the setup where this sits in the middle of the shelf (and I still need to get a proper helmet stand for my ANOVOS bucket).

Attachments

• 1F8C8C73-ECB4-476E-BF5D-D6124C2EF6D9.jpeg
    1F8C8C73-ECB4-476E-BF5D-D6124C2EF6D9.jpeg
    232.2 KB · Views: 73
  • FCEB569D-FB93-44BE-A6C5-FB30F92069A6.jpeg
    FCEB569D-FB93-44BE-A6C5-FB30F92069A6.jpeg
    223.4 KB · Views: 67
  • CD88FB3E-1244-4909-AE42-1F03807EA8DF.jpeg
    CD88FB3E-1244-4909-AE42-1F03807EA8DF.jpeg
    128.3 KB · Views: 66
Mando arrived today from Popcultcha, no issues whatsoever! This thing is incredible in person and I am especially impressed with the paintwork on the Grogu. Gotta say though as my first 1/4 statue I was not prepared for the size of the box it arrived in lol. Here are a couple quick pics, I think I am going to go with the setup where this sits in the middle of the shelf (and I still need to get a proper helmet stand for my ANOVOS bucket).
It’s truly a beautiful piece. If you think this box was huge though, you should see what they send Jabba or the rancor in!

The worst part is I want to save the boxes in case I need to move or pack them eventually and they take up so much space after a collecting a while (and I’m a piker compared to some of the statue collectors on here. I don’t know where they put it all!)

It’s truly a beautiful piece. If you think this box was huge though, you should see what they send Jabba or the rancor in!

The worst part is I want to save the boxes in case I need to move or pack them eventually and they take up so much space after a collecting a while (and I’m a piker compared to some of the statue collectors on here. I don’t know where they put it all!)
Well, I was kinda floored by the box as well; had to pick it up at the post office and the tiny Asian woman working there almost fell over backward trying to wrestle it onto the counter. Don't tell me postal workers don't work hard! This big guy had to step up and save her.

And kudos to IS for the packing:clap, coz my outer box had a gouge. I need more of those velcro straps. Popcultcha used to wrap an entire outer box in bubble wrap but guess they don't bother anymore.

Anyway everything I hope it would be:blissy! I have some nits, like the patterning in the beskar ("orange peel" in the clear coat?) ; except the helmet is perfectly smooth. For the rest I would really have to work at it to find something negative.
Who can say; at the moment I'd say this is the only Mando statue u will ever need:clap:love. Very clean paint for the most part; there's nothing here at all I'd give this piece up for. Lots of cleanly painted detail; color washes; iconic sculpt, sturdy.
After market prices will be mind-boggling IMO.:horror Congrats to all getting this in.:dance

OK these aren't great - tried for outdoors but it clouded up on me. :bunnydanc

mandorepakbox.jpg

IronStudios_Mandalorian_quarterscale.jpg

IronStudios_Mandalorian_quarterscale2.jpg

Well, I was kinda floored by the box as well; had to pick it up at the post office and the tiny Asian woman working there almost fell over backward trying to wrestle it onto the counter. Don't tell me postal workers don't work hard! This big guy had to step up and save her.

And kudos to IS for the packing:clap, coz my outer box had a gouge. I need more of those velcro straps. Popcultcha used to wrap an entire outer box in bubble wrap but guess they don't bother anymore.

Anyway everything I hope it would be:blissy! I have some nits, like the patterning in the beskar ("orange peel" in the clear coat?) ; except the helmet is perfectly smooth. For the rest I would really have to work at it to find something negative.
Who can say; at the moment I'd say this is the only Mando statue u will ever need:clap:love. Very clean paint for the most part; there's nothing here at all I'd give this piece up for. Lots of cleanly painted detail; color washes; iconic sculpt, sturdy.
After market prices will be mind-boggling IMO.:horror Congrats to all getting this in.:dance

OK these aren't great - tried for outdoors but it clouded up on me. :bunnydanc

View attachment 535898

View attachment 535899

View attachment 535900
Yeah I’m pretty sure the orange peel on some parts is intentional, it’s not on the helmet or the left thigh pad, correct? It was the same way on the prototype they showed as well and I remember seeing some discussion on FB about whether or not that texturing was actually accurate to the show or not. I think it looks kinda cool, like an extra layer of detailing.

Yeah I’m pretty sure the orange peel on some parts is intentional, it’s not on the helmet or the left thigh pad, correct? It was the same way on the prototype they showed as well and I remember seeing some discussion on FB about whether or not that texturing was actually accurate to the show or not. I think it looks kinda cool, like an extra layer of detailing.
Am not sure! Not really upset as IS is perfectly capable of a smooth finish (CW Winter Soldier arm) and the smooth helmet and plate. I can see where for production work or simply aesthetics, the effect of too much smooth texture may look a bit plastic. Even the box picture has the slight texture. If it's not intentional doubt every piece would look that way, front and back. It does give a feel of real metal, with this sheen. Luv the color on Grogu and the base too.

Overall breathing a sigh of relief this beautiful piece made it with no breakage. IMO a lifetime piece, unless an emergency would force a sale. I don't collect a lot of 1/4 but this one was worth it(y):clap

Last edited:
Am not sure! Not really upset as IS is perfectly capable of a smooth finish (CW Winter Soldier arm) and the smooth helmet and plate. I can see where for production work or simply aesthetics, the effect of too much smooth texture may look a bit plastic. Even the box picture has the slight texture. If it's not intentional doubt every piece would look that way, front and back. It does give a feel of real metal, with this sheen. Luv the color on Grogu and the base too.

Overall breathing a sigh of relief this beautiful piece made it with no breakage. IMO a lifetime piece, unless an emergency would force a sale. I don't collect a lot of 1/4 but this one was worth it(y):clap
Agreed!

After seeing the Luke piece I've decided to jump on this now, luckliy it was still available at my local retailer.

IMO the Luke piece portrait-wise is a rare miss for IS, am a fan of their work. Thinking hard about the 1/4 Black Widow.

IMO assuming you have no breakage issues and IS did a great packing job, think you can't go wrong with the Mando piece. I'll wait for the probable unhelmeted Din D'jarin down the road too.:stormtroo

Edit 8/20/21 - Was gonna write a nice review at PopCultcha, but this piece is nowhere to be found. Guess they sold out. So that's that I guess folks will have to go with catwalk version.

E-bayMando.jpg

Doesn't seem to be available at retailers now......:r2d2line

Last edited:
Back