Statue Iron Studios Mandalorian 1/4 scale statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got mine the other day too. I am really impressed with this piece. It's also my first one from Iron Studios.
The packaging was really solid, and to be honest, time-consuming to unpack due to the film wrap and tape used.
As usual, I also did an unboxing video and took a few shots of the piece.

View attachment 537246

Nice lighting and shots in the vid! Really shows off all the different textures and washes in this piece. :clap

Kudos to IS for this one, if folks managed to pick up.

I got mine the other day too. I am really impressed with this piece. It's also my first one from Iron Studios.
The packaging was really solid, and to be honest, time-consuming to unpack due to the film wrap and tape used.

View attachment 537246

Nice look at the statue, thanks! I'm hoping mine comes in sometime this month. This looks like the Vader type quality I was hoping for after IS made that awful Yoda statue.

Nice lighting and shots in the vid! Really shows off all the different textures and washes in this piece. :clap

Kudos to IS for this one, if folks managed to pick up.
Thanks a lot! Yes, this statue has a lot of different textures going on, and on the pics I've seen they can be difficult to make out.
Nice look at the statue, thanks! I'm hoping mine comes in sometime this month. This looks like the Vader type quality I was hoping for after IS made that awful Yoda statue.
I hope it arrives safely! My first IS statue, so was a bit of a gamble, considering their track record. But from the start this looked like a much better representation of Mando compared to e.g. the PF by SSC. I also have Endgame Cap A. in a box, and will unbox him soon. I get the impression that he is of similar high quality.

Thanks a lot! Yes, this statue has a lot of different textures going on, and on the pics I've seen they can be difficult to make out.

I hope it arrives safely! My first IS statue, so was a bit of a gamble, considering their track record. But from the start this looked like a much better representation of Mando compared to e.g. the PF by SSC. I also have Endgame Cap A. in a box, and will unbox him soon. I get the impression that he is of similar high quality.
I own Endgame Cap - yep, beautiful piece. You might want to putty in the arm - or glue, just to be safe, as gravity will pull on it. I have mine holding the helmet and full portrait.

Am just relieved my Mando got here safely, since it seems Popcultcha doesn't have any more so probably couldn't exchange if needed. :cry:

I own Endgame Cap - yep, beautiful piece. You might want to putty in the arm - or glue, just to be safe, as gravity will pull on it. I have mine holding the helmet and full portrait.

Am just relieved my Mando got here safely, since it seems Popcultcha doesn't have any more so probably couldn't exchange if needed. :cry:
Thanks for the advice. I hope it comes strong out of the box and then I'll see what I do. I got the Deluxe, so I believe I get a lot of swap outs. Making a piece a permanent attachment would be a big call, but I will have to see once I get it open. I have the same issue with my Red Sonja PF. I basically never put on the long axe since it feels like it only just is able to hold on to it.

Thanks for the advice. I hope it comes strong out of the box and then I'll see what I do. I got the Deluxe, so I believe I get a lot of swap outs. Making a piece a permanent attachment would be a big call, but I will have to see once I get it open. I have the same issue with my Red Sonja PF. I basically never put on the long axe since it feels like it only just is able to hold on to it.
I use Faber-Castell's Tack-It off Amazon, but probably any museum putty would work, or a rubbery epoxy like E 1000. I've read comments that any of these will pull paint, but I have never had a problem and these are non-permanent. E1000 will hold like iron tho so it's a last resort for me.

Also since I dab on the insert point which is never seen, for me even if it happened I wouldn't care. For me better a strong hold than losing a part that's - well, irreplaceable at this point. :eek::cry:. There are terrible pics online where an Iron Man has fallen over, or a Sauron, or Sideshow's Kier where the arm slipped out and shattered. Anything questionable for me gets puttied.

Was ready to putty Mando if needed but the magnets seem insanely strong. Hope u luv your Cap IMO an outstanding piece, and like Mando isn't a pain to display either, being more vertical than wide, design -wise.

I use Faber-Castell's Tack-It off Amazon, but probably any museum putty would work, or a rubbery epoxy like E 1000. I've read comments that any of these will pull paint, but I have never had a problem and these are non-permanent. E1000 will hold like iron tho so it's a last resort for me.

Also since I dab on the insert point which is never seen, for me even if it happened I wouldn't care. For me better a strong hold than losing a part that's - well, irreplaceable at this point. :eek::cry:. There are terrible pics online where an Iron Man has fallen over, or a Sauron, or Sideshow's Kier where the arm slipped out and shattered. Anything questionable for me gets puttied.

Was ready to putty Mando if needed but the magnets seem insanely strong. Hope u luv your Cap IMO an outstanding piece, and like Mando isn't a pain to display either, being more vertical than wide, design -wise.
I can second the use of Tack-it as I also have the Endgame IS statues and they definitely need it. I think you turned me onto it in that thread Sassafras, so thanks! It only takes a tiny little piece to coat the peg enough to really secure it. It also works really well if you're airbrushing tiny pieces of plastic as you can tack it down on a piece of cardboard and not have it blow away. I've used the crap out of the stuff! :)

View attachment 537246

This is amazing! Lucky you! So jealous. Nice video, too.

I would most certainly be doing something extra to secure that rifle, though. That does not seem super trustworthy placement-wise.

This is amazing! Lucky you! So jealous. Nice video, too.

I would most certainly be doing something extra to secure that rifle, though. That does not seem super trustworthy placement-wise.
Thanks a lot, buddy! To be honest, I think it looks worse than it really is. The rifle is also rather light-weight. I'm not all that worried about it right now. :)

I can second the use of Tack-it as I also have the Endgame IS statues and they definitely need it. I think you turned me onto it in that thread Sassafras, so thanks! It only takes a tiny little piece to coat the peg enough to really secure it. It also works really well if you're airbrushing tiny pieces of plastic as you can tack it down on a piece of cardboard and not have it blow away. I've used the crap out of the stuff! :)
Welcome that is a cool idea(y). I use it to hold 1/6 feet in place too for a picture, and also with some 1/6 weapons to hold the tiny parts in.

Good reminder about Mando's rifle - might need a tiny dab of Tack It, just to be sure. But hafta say IS did a good job on Mando's magnets, far as I can tell. Maybe they didn't want any more complaints, as a few of my 1/10 End Game pieces DEFINITELY needed it - Black Panther, Iron Man's arm had a weak magnet, and War Machine/Rocket.

I certainly do hope that they take note of any feedback that they receive. It's a really tough market so you need to bring your A-game not to get left in the dirt. :)

I certainly do hope that they take note of any feedback that they receive. It's a really tough market so you need to bring your A-game not to get left in the dirt. :)
I've had a few issues with a few 1/10s, but overall as far as poly goes I tend to trust IS. And engineering and design-wise they seem to be absolutely fearless - some of their pieces to me look gravity-defying, but are rock solid on display - Falcon and Black Panther for example. Pretty good portraits for 1/10.

But don't think I will be investing in the 1/10 Mando pieces, tho the Mando on bike is tempting.

Welcome that is a cool idea(y). I use it to hold 1/6 feet in place too for a picture, and also with some 1/6 weapons to hold the tiny parts in.

Good reminder about Mando's rifle - might need a tiny dab of Tack It, just to be sure. But hafta say IS did a good job on Mando's magnets, far as I can tell. Maybe they didn't want any more complaints, as a few of my 1/10 End Game pieces DEFINITELY needed it - Black Panther, Iron Man's arm had a weak magnet, and War Machine/Rocket.
1/6 scale figure poses without a stand... You continue to add value Sassafras! Thanks! :)

I've had a few issues with a few 1/10s, but overall as far as poly goes I tend to trust IS. And engineering and design-wise they seem to be absolutely fearless - some of their pieces to me look gravity-defying, but are rock solid on display - Falcon and Black Panther for example. Pretty good portraits for 1/10.

But don't think I will be investing in the 1/10 Mando pieces, tho the Mando on bike is tempting.
I've resisted all the Mando 1/10 except Boba on throne...and Boba is my favorite character by a mile so I really had no choice there. I did cave and order the 1/4 Luke, R2 and Grogu. Might be a bit overpriced, but IS does tend to deliver and I think it'll be a center piece statue.

I've resisted all the Mando 1/10 except Boba on throne...and Boba is my favorite character by a mile so I really had no choice there. I did cave and order the 1/4 Luke, R2 and Grogu. Might be a bit overpriced, but IS does tend to deliver and I think it'll be a center piece statue.
Well, I may weaken on the Mando on bike piece - sometimes you just gotta :D :monkey3

And I keep thinking about the IS 1/4 ScarJo and how well she'd look with my 1/4 Cap. And Bucky. Not sure I'd say, honestly, the Luke piece is overpriced, as R2 looked pretty detailed. That's a lot of paint work!

I need you nerdy fact checkers to help me here. So with this statue, you see the Mandalorian wearing his Beskar armor. But you also see Grogu sitting in the egg-shaped pram. However, the armor upgrades to the Mandalorian were made with the beskar that he received from handing over Grogu (in the pram) to The Client. So am I right that it actually doesn't make sense that he'd be wearing the armor, while Grogu is in that pram next to him? I don't think we ever see the pram again after Mando saves Grogu from The Client. Right? :D

I know, who cares. Well, I am writing my review, and this struck me. Obviously, you need to suspend whatever disbelief and just enjoy the iconic statue that strives more towards creating something representative of S01 of the show, rather than sticking to a firm timeline. :)

I need you nerdy fact checkers to help me here. So with this statue, you see the Mandalorian wearing his Beskar armor. But you also see Grogu sitting in the egg-shaped pram. However, the armor upgrades to the Mandalorian were made with the beskar that he received from handing over Grogu (in the pram) to The Client. So am I right that it actually doesn't make sense that he'd be wearing the armor, while Grogu is in that pram next to him? I don't think we ever see the pram again after Mando saves Grogu from The Client. Right? :D

I know, who cares. Well, I am writing my review, and this struck me. Obviously, you need to suspend whatever disbelief and just enjoy the iconic statue that strives more towards creating something representative of S01 of the show, rather than sticking to a firm timeline. :)

that's one of the inaccuracies of this statue, grogu was not using the white pram when mando got his beskar armor.

BUT, I don't really care. this statue is great. pose is great, grogu looks good, sculpt is good and heavy. Paint is good. ES? 700 only.

Sideshow is more accurate (grogu using the right pram with mando beskar armor) some say, but man that swagger walk turned me off.. so so off! ES? 7000!! whaat?

Hottoys 1/4.. nah don't like figures. soft goods on figures is bad and not for long term. ES? none.

that's one of the inaccuracies of this statue, grogu was not using the white pram when mando got his beskar armor.

BUT, I don't really care. this statue is great. pose is great, grogu looks good, sculpt is good and heavy. Paint is good. ES? 700 only.

Sideshow is more accurate (grogu using the right pram with mando beskar armor) some say, but man that swagger walk turned me off.. so so off! ES? 7000!! whaat?

Hottoys 1/4.. nah don't like figures. soft goods on figures is bad and not for long term. ES? none.

Exactly. To me, this statue is just a representation of the first season of the show. So it draws on some of the iconic and memorable aspects of the first season and puts it together into an idealized rendition of the Mandalorian.

I agree completely with that view on the PF by SSC. Never, do you see Mando walk like that. It's just not him.

I actually substituted my PF order with a Hot Toys 1/6 order. Then they announced a new 1/6, and I cancelled the first one (the new one was the one with him carrying Boba's armor on a shoulder stick). But I never got around to ordering the new one after all. I thought to myself... I'm a 1/4 statue collector first and foremost. An opportunity will come in the future to get the one I really want. Well, it wasn't far off - since I found a way to order the IS one. :)

I'll include some of the above thoughts in my review. That's why I'm giving so much thought to this right now. ;)

Exactly. To me, this statue is just a representation of the first season of the show. So it draws on some of the iconic and memorable aspects of the first season and puts it together into an idealized rendition of the Mandalorian.

I agree completely with that view on the PF by SSC. Never, do you see Mando walk like that. It's just not him.

I actually substituted my PF order with a Hot Toys 1/6 order. Then they announced a new 1/6, and I cancelled the first one (the new one was the one with him carrying Boba's armor on a shoulder stick). But I never got around to ordering the new one after all. I thought to myself... I'm a 1/4 statue collector first and foremost. An opportunity will come in the future to get the one I really want. Well, it wasn't far off - since I found a way to order the IS one. :)

I'll include some of the above thoughts in my review. That's why I'm giving so much thought to this right now. ;)
Far as I can tell, IS does that - e.g. at times they will make a sculpt that duplicates a scene, other times they do what you describe - an artistic representation that's *the essence* of a character or scene. The entire Civil War 6-figure diorama is like that - like the BP fig, for instance, posed on stairs and tearing metal back. None of that happens in the film, but it's like, art. To a degree the 1/10 End Game statues are like that too.

I looked up one of the sculptors way back - you kind find info sometimes on Art Station - and for me, appreciate the artists. Like my End Game 1/4, don't remember Cap standing looking noble holding his broken shield and helmet, but luv the piece. That's Evans' Captain America. :love

IMO people wanting an exact duplicate of a scene might be better off getting HTs, at times (I own both). For me very happy with the IS 1/4 Mando, which meshed the iconic screen Season 1 art with the Beskar. Lol if IS had used the original armor, bet folks would be complaining he didn't stay in that armor for long.:monkey3 Tho I would have picked up the statue anyway. Visually for me too, the last pram, which is all metal, is more boring.

One thing IMO Iron Studios sculptors excel at, is the human form. Flowing natural movement, even in extreme poses. The SSC statue has Mando's ankle twisted. It's a small thing, but along with the swagger, nobody walks like that, except maybe a toddler strutting. Even Gentle Giant's smaller statues do better than that.

Last edited:
I'm getting charged Monday from SpecFic for my 1/4 Mando

With all the great photos that have been posted over the last few weeks, I can't wait to get him.

Back