Statue Iron Studios Mandalorian 1/4 scale statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Iron Studios Mandalorian statue unknown scale

We need more pictures but so far this looks great! Better than the sideshow pose for sure. The base is pretty cool, the mudhorn signet is a nice touch. I think this will be the mandalorian statue i get.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Better then SS pose and base for sure, but somehow worse then the SS one :| Please fix it up iron studios!!!

cXXJ3wo.jpg

i7nStgO.jpg

r1i4TCN.jpg

3ihAWdp.jpg

X60S8lZ.jpg

Ud5X92c.jpg

MSQmvvs.jpg

78jq12D.jpg

cMms7ra.jpg

8s2MQNe.jpg

Re: Iron Studios 1/4 Mandalorian (Beskar armor)

Yeah, almost like the lower beskar piece under his chest is way too small. This needs a lot of work

His helmet looks better in those pics, but the child is downright scary looking! Reminds me of IT.

Thanks for the extra pictures Shoo! The helmet does look better but could use some tweeking down the bottom, the child looks ok. I'm happy with it, lets hope IS get the execution right. I wonder what the cape is made out off? Do you guys think it will be kind of that soft plastic?
Also do i see a red lightsaber behind mando in one of those pics? Is that an exisiting statue or possibly a new 1/4?

Looks like we have two threads on this one. Can someone merge them please?

Thanks for the extra pictures Shoo! The helmet does look better but could use some tweeking down the bottom, the child looks ok. I'm happy with it, lets hope IS get the execution right. I wonder what the cape is made out off? Do you guys think it will be kind of that soft plastic?
Also do i see a red lightsaber behind mando in one of those pics? Is that an exisiting statue or possibly a new 1/4?

It's their Vader from few years back.

I love it :clap

Vid link - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0lUuQk0VYE

IMO first part is interesting to me, as they talk about how they envision a character - more or less trying to sculpt the essence vs. strict screen accuracy. Something we see in the CW 1/4 pieces - still some of the most favorite pieces I will ever own.

Detail view:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTpEzF6a1OY

Usually love IS pieces and kinda love this one...but unlike, say, IW Cap 1/4, have some nits:

1) Child's eyes have too much white; mostly we see full dark eyes onscreen with more white if there is expression

2) Something is off about the helmet - flaring out at the bottom half? Too long? The angle along the jaw isn't sharp enough? Looks like another company opting not to do a true chrome or for sure not use the real Alumaluster paint $$$$$$

3) Okay, maybe it's just a shadow cast; but at times it kinda looks like Mando could use a strategically placed fig leaf, at least for the U.S. market.
Otherwise it's Bowie's Jareth pants thing:monkey3. I know Iron Studios are Brazilian but...we already know Mando is a *manly* guy. No need to flaunt it.

4) I wish they'd done a soft goods cape. I'd like to place cape the way I want. (except can see the way Mando's cape is tied under the armor - not sure how u do soft goods with a cape that would be a problem to remove). Are we getting a light up gauntlet? Usually light-ups are a pain but would love to have Mando's arm lit with - whatever that red light is.

For what this is gonna cost, I want it to be absolutely perfect:monkey1. Yeah, I pick over my statues inch by inch. 'Coz I don't buy many. Well, except for the 1/10s but even those have gone up in price.

IS_Mando_proto_quarter1.jpg

IS_Mando_proto_quarter2.jpg

RL comparison:

Mando_highres_EWweekly_lores.jpg

Mando_beskar_version_EW_opt.jpg

The blue leg armor was gone, at least for this beskar version, too. And the padded torso armor looks like it is tapering too much - maybe. Not sure without high res pics.

Love the pose, and since I missed the MYC version I'd be all over this if it weren't for the helmet and The child being off. Sad if I have to opt for the Hot Toys version over like 2 or 3 actual statues.

Love the pose, and since I missed the MYC version I'd be all over this if it weren't for the helmet and The child being off. Sad if I have to opt for the Hot Toys version over like 2 or 3 actual statues.

Maybe this was a rush protype tho IM that's unusual for IS. At least, re the CW and the IW Cap, and from pics IW Thor - what the proto is, is what you get, pretty much. Outside of normal production or packing glitches.

I couldn't shell out full price for this, tho like it a lot. Mostly. Hope IS will listen to fan feedback.

I had no intention of buying any statues from this show. But this.... This is really nice! Needs a few tweaks (Helmet and Grogu mostly) but it's awesome overall.

There is definitely something wrong with his body too :| Is the plate too small, the torso too long? Both?

There is definitely something wrong with his body too :| Is the plate too small, the torso too long? Both?

I think it's just the gray padding behind the chest armor and belt is slightly the wrong shape. I could forgive this if they would fix the helmet and Grogu's head. I hope they tweak this, I really want to like and buy it. I sure hope it's not a big disappointment like their 1/4 Yoda.

I think it's just the gray padding behind the chest armor and belt is slightly the wrong shape. I could forgive this if they would fix the helmet and Grogu's head. I hope they tweak this, I really want to like and buy it. I sure hope it's not a big disappointment like their 1/4 Yoda.

I'm spoiled. From the *glorious* 1/4 Iron Studios pieces I have. I even doubled CW Cap and Bucky $$$$. Even considered the Vader.

But...companies change sculptors and the way they do things. Sux 'coz u even get to cheat this character e.g. no human head sculpt. Not spending that kind of money on something that's sort've close, not from IS who can do better.

My critique would be to fix the helmet, torso area and cumberband and I'd be on board. Grogu too, as many mentioned. Also, I wouldn't mind a seperate base for just Din. I wouldn't miss not having Grogu and that helmet on the ground either. Just personal preference.

My critique would be to fix the helmet, torso area and cumberband and I'd be on board. Grogu too, as many mentioned. Also, I wouldn't mind a seperate base for just Din. I wouldn't miss not having Grogu and that helmet on the ground either. Just personal preference.

One of the reasons I'm getting the 1/4 HT. I have the MYC Mando season one and have Grogu in the pram on that. I don't need another walking with the pram statue and really like the look of Grogu in the little satchel option that the HT provides.

Back