Iron Studios 1/4 Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Agreed. And different people have different likes. I like this. I seem to like simpler less busy things. Same attitude when it comes to my watches and cars. Classy. Not trendy.

I'd hardly call this "trendy."

It's been that well received by most people because most people believe it is that good. This isn't Pokemon Go - or some stupid overnight trend - this will continue to grow in respect, reverence, and demand, the more time goes by. The variable poses (and I agree with you, not all are good), and cape, allow this to become "your" version of how you see Vader - and I think that goes a long way as well. The paint apps, lights - and general overall finish - decimates Sideshow's QC - and in most cases, their stances as well.

As I've said before, I've been collecting for 40 years, since the very beginning (and I'm insanely fussy and OCD), and for me, this thing is "one out of the box."

I'd hardly call this "trendy."

It's been that well received by most people because most people believe it is that good. This isn't Pokemon Go - or some stupid overnight trend - this will continue to grow in respect, reverence, and demand, the more time goes by. The variable poses (and I agree with you, not all are good), and cape, allow this to become "your" version of how you see Vader - and I think that goes a long way as well. The paint apps, lights - and general overall finish - decimates Sideshow's QC - and in most cases, their stances as well.

As I've said before, I've been collecting for 40 years, since the very beginning (and I'm insanely fussy and OCD), and for me, this thing is "one out of the box."

I agree with all you have said. Perhaps trendy wasn't the best word - 'classy' is perhaps better. I thought I would love the base and the pipes and the vessel and the light, but it all is a bit distracting to me. I like simple round bases. Now this one with a simple round snow base would have been VERY nice as well. Lose the light and the pipes and the vessel and change the base. But that's just my preference.

This might pair decently with this statue:
1b598ac0-28b2-48cd-8f43-bee5e217c0e7_large.jpg
https://www.acmearchivesdirect.com/product/SWANH505P/Conquering-Shadow.html?cid=

My favourite Vader pose of all time is the Attakus pose with his hands by his side. So simple but menacing. And I love the sculpted cape rather than a fabric cape.
Probably my two biggest gripes with this IS piece: cloth cape and silly poses. In actual fact I'm kinda glad my waitlist hasn't converted yet. The more I look at this piece the more on the fence I am.

I agree with all you have said. Perhaps trendy wasn't the best word - 'classy' is perhaps better. I thought I would love the base and the pipes and the vessel and the light, but it all is a bit distracting to me. I like simple round bases. Now this one with a simple round snow base would have been VERY nice as well. Lose the light and the pipes and the vessel and change the base. But that's just my preference.
You can't please everyone. Get a custom base made. I love it as is.

My favourite Vader pose of all time is the Attakus pose with his hands by his side. So simple but menacing. And I love the sculpted cape rather than a fabric cape.
Probably my two biggest gripes with this IS piece: cloth cape and silly poses. In actual fact I'm kinda glad my waitlist hasn't converted yet. The more I look at this piece the more on the fence I am.

Attakus Vader I simple iconic pose is one of my favorites ever too. I wasn't a big fan of the IS Vader with the saber on side, but I've seen some pics here and on Statue Forum that made me change my mind, in the end the IS statue looks great.

Lol silly poses

More like silly statement
62ee3c37d9131b9cf157d65a0a45461a.jpg

You don't have to justify your purchase to me. As long as you're happy with it then that's what counts. But don't tell me my opinion is silly just because it's different to yours.

Dropped the damn lightsaber off the belt and it broke in two. Trying to glue it, but man I hate it when this happens! Statue is great, looks great.. the dumbest part is the lighting. Three separate switches for a 700.00 + statue? Come on man, just give it a plug and all the wiring already done. So dumb.

Dropped the damn lightsaber off the belt and it broke in two. Trying to glue it, but man I hate it when this happens! Statue is great, looks great.. the dumbest part is the lighting. Three separate switches for a 700.00 + statue? Come on man, just give it a plug and all the wiring already done. So dumb.

Have to agree on the lighting. My belt and chest piece will never be lit up, aside from when I tested them. It's a shame because I do occasionally power on the saber as it looks very cool. Missed opportunity with the lightup...

Well ****..

I went to turn my belt on and the green lights are no longer working.. just the red light is on. Funny thing is -don’t really mess with the lights at all, this was the first time.

Not sure if it is just the battery?

bbbd1efe41d7b36119570879b833bfca.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Update on the arm that poped out and broke. Sideshow was nice enough to send me another arm free of charge along with the light saber and hilt that didn't come with the statue in the first place. My excitement was rather dulled from the missing and broken parts but finally the statue is all together. Enjoy my blurry pic :p

r4UVclX.jpg

LMbbuy2.jpg

Also can confirm belt batteries are low. Left my belt on my accident come back to the dull red light like yours. Luckly my mother uses hearing aids and has unlimted batteries for a year which fit perfect :D

Back