Iron Studios 1/4 Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awe I hate to read anyone saying Kylo Ren from SS is not good. I mean SS May make some junkers but the Kylo Ren is near perfect from top to bottom. The outfit is perfect and even the base is a great reflection of his saber.

I guess nobody's opinion is truly wrong but the Kylo Ren PF I thought was a rare hit from SS. Even the FA Trooper is perfect. Not sure where those went wrong.

Anyway I feel bad for anyone having issues with their Vader. Whatever SS offers just add $20 and ask for it. Not sure why they can send a body only or exchange it.

Has anyone had problems with the saber not lighting up all the way? My first saber was bent so SS sent me another but now neither of them will light up all the way. Might be a connection problem with the hands that hold the saber. E-mailed SS, let's see what they say.

I have the following issues with mine and Sideshow offered me $30 to keep it or to just send it back for a full refund. I think I'm going to send it back but wanted to see what you guys think...

I also had to pay taxes at the border so I'm not sure if I'll be able to get that $100 back either.

oh great, so if we get damaged ones then we get a bs 30 dollars or no statue. Jesus.

To each their own and I know we all pursue perfection but I would never get an exchange for those minor issues. There is a chance that the next piece will be perfect and there is a chance that it's be a terrible mess. All those issue are easily fixable and are completely hidden. My advice is to stay with it and get it repaired.

well some aren't too bad like the wire but for 500+ and a small ltd run then these problems should not exist.

Has anyone had problems with the saber not lighting up all the way? My first saber was bent so SS sent me another but now neither of them will light up all the way. Might be a connection problem with the hands that hold the saber. E-mailed SS, let's see what they say.

I had a similar issue with a replacement I received. Left it on foe about 15-20 mins and it was fine thereafter.

Just curious what everyone thinks of this statue compared to the Vader mythos. I have both and I still kind of like my mythos more.

I've seen someone custom painted their Vader Mythos to get rid of all the orange overspray. Just kept the orange on the base and it looked amazing. That said, I still prefer the IS Vader.

Just curious what everyone thinks of this statue compared to the Vader mythos. I have both and I still kind of like my mythos more.

I liked the mythos, but I sold it when I got this. I love this much more than mythos. But again mythos was a cool statue!

Awe I hate to read anyone saying Kylo Ren from SS is not good. I mean SS May make some junkers but the Kylo Ren is near perfect from top to bottom. The outfit is perfect and even the base is a great reflection of his saber.

I guess nobody's opinion is truly wrong but the Kylo Ren PF I thought was a rare hit from SS. Even the FA Trooper is perfect. Not sure where those went wrong.

Anyway I feel bad for anyone having issues with their Vader. Whatever SS offers just add $20 and ask for it. Not sure why they can send a body only or exchange it.

I agree, Kylo PF is perfect. Would love an unmasked custom head for him.

Personally, after seeing both this piece and the Mythos Vader, I do think that the Mythos Vader is a nicer piece but mainly because of the emotion evoked from the unmasked head (contemplating his life choices) while looking at the helmet while at the place where Obi-Wan stripped him of his limbs. It is just a very powerful composition but only 1/5 scale.

I prefer the 1/4 scale but REALLY dislike the cheap feel of the chest plate and the fact that you have 3 switches to make the light-up features work (nevermind the fact that one of arms completely blocks the ability for you to turn on the chest plate lights at all - really a bad design. The rest of the Iron Studios piece is absolutely beautiful, however. That is why I am having trouble deciding whether to send it back or not; normally, it would have been a quick reboxing and drop-off at the post office.

I have the following issues with mine and Sideshow offered me $30 to keep it or to just send it back for a full refund. I think I'm going to send it back but wanted to see what you guys think...

I also had to pay taxes at the border so I'm not sure if I'll be able to get that $100 back either.

Those are issues?

oh great, so if we get damaged ones then we get a bs 30 dollars or no statue. Jesus.
I think they are just giving the shipping that they'd be out. When they get this one back, they will simply sand the chip, touch up the black paint and send it back out to someone else so if your waitlist converts, check for the chipped area but it probably won't noticeable after being repaired.

Can't help but keep seeing a hockey player when I look at him :(

AmandaConway-c-111.jpg
g801ps6e1tdkxocn.jpg

Personally, after seeing both this piece and the Mythos Vader, I do think that the Mythos Vader is a nicer piece but mainly because of the emotion evoked from the unmasked head (contemplating his life choices) while looking at the helmet while at the place where Obi-Wan stripped him of his limbs. It is just a very powerful composition but only 1/5 scale.

I prefer the 1/4 scale but REALLY dislike the cheap feel of the chest plate and the fact that you have 3 switches to make the light-up features work (nevermind the fact that one of arms completely blocks the ability for you to turn on the chest plate lights at all - really a bad design. The rest of the Iron Studios piece is absolutely beautiful, however. That is why I am having trouble deciding whether to send it back or not; normally, it would have been a quick reboxing and drop-off at the post office.

OMG!!! You criticized the end all be all Darth Vader Statue of all time..prepare for some serious repercussions...

You have to be honest! Those are real issues but the piece looks great overall!

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

They are really good issues but completely fixable beyond recognition that anything was wrong. I'd say you're lucky to have only those issues. I've heard of some much worse issues with this statue.

I've had both. If mythos was not painted by sideshow and made in 1/5 it might be close to this, but they fell down on the paint and even the repainted ones are still fail scale and nowhere near as detailed. I do like what they tried to accomplish with it, but the production piece just did nothing for me.

Back