Iron Studios 1/4 Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I totally agree too. What an incredible statue. I am looking now at my SS PF, it simply does not compare. May have to sell my SS PF.

I would.

I mean, really, what is the point?? [emoji23]

I never owned the SS ver myself but I have seen it in pics and it looks ridiculous compared to this one.

Thing is, I never even thought about buying it. Without even seeing IS Vader I knew SS’s looked a far cry from what Vader is supposed to look like.

I myself would rather have owned HTs 12” version instead

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would.

I mean, really, what is the point?? [emoji23]

I never owned the SS ver myself but I have seen it in pics and it looks ridiculous compared to this one.

Thing is, I never even thought about buying it. Without even seeing IS Vader I knew SS’s looked a far cry from what Vader is supposed to look like.

I myself would rather have owned HTs 12” version instead

Agreed with all of this. :duff

Looking at the sideshow piece now, it really pales in comparison. I thought about saving some money and getting it, but I'm glad I didn't.

I'm sure it makes many happy all I don't want to dis it totally, there are some cool things about it, but this IS piece is just on another level. I still can't get over what's in front of me almost two weeks later.

I'm surprised batteries are even an option for some of you. The biggest negative of this masterpiece is the crap power setup. I use a battery eliminator like others have posted and I run the saber and base with no worry of battery drain. Maybe if they were in the back but underneath this big heavy statue? Just too much involved to change the batteries for me.

I'll probably never see the chest and belt lit up unless I find an easy way to eliminate those batteries. It's just not feasible for me at all getting to switches under parts.

But the saber and base are bright and impressive as hell, so I'm good. Sorry I'm rambling
08ca16bf9eb226e858b8e66011ac6e56.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

So what exactly is it about his IS statue that has everybody enamoured? Is it the detail or the size? How much more detailed is it than the SS version?
I still am hoping/waiting for my waitlist to convert but this pose with the lightsaber out to the side still looks a bit silly.

I could be wrong but I think he meant "if you don't get what makes it special by now you probably never will" to the person above.

Well I hope not. It's not very obvious from pics why this is so special. Especially for someone who has never owned 1/4 scale before.

Especially for someone who has never owned 1/4 scale before.

I think that's the main issue here. The scale of these things allows for more presence and detail for every statue and if you have one like this that's at the top of the class then you really have something special.

For retail anyway. They are already selling close to $1K on eBay and one listed here for $1200!

$1200 is nuts. You can get it on eBay for $1000 shipped. That would even be cheaper if you get an eBay Bucks deal for 8 or 10% and you get eBay Buyer Protection if anything is wrong with it.

They might be asking $1,200, but will it sell?
Everyone who lists items for huge amounts, their items very rarely sell. Yet, all the items that do sell, for high amounts with many multiple bids, almost always started off with low starting prices.

It’s a museum piece. You can just tell. You almost don’t even want to have it out in the open. I don’t even touch mine. Was thinking about creating a don’t touch sign for people paws [emoji252] when friends and family come over. [emoji23]

And I dust mine daily with this -

668e44af1be457a77f63006a6eaf5fbc.jpg

Idk. I might consider making one of my infamous corner crown shelves and putting a lip around it and install an acrylic case on top to keep him free from the air. I’ll have to see.

In person it's got such a presence. I've never been so amazed by a collectable. Pics won't convey how it feels to be in front of this thing. It's just awesome.

My wife thought she was cute putting this elf on mine. Now I can't touch it until tonight when it gets moved lol

Having this piece now and knowing how great it is, I'd pay 1200 to have it. 650 was a steal. Everything from the detail, the weight, the materials. It's just that good. It feels significant. Even the helmet is heavy as ****.

On feel and weight alone I feel like I got my monies worth. I can't imagine this having a light plastic helmet, it would cheapen it. Those who have it understand, those who don't may be rolling their eyes thinking we are just justifying what we bought, but this is my Grail and everything I've ever wanted from a Vader piece. He's my favorite character ever with Godzilla close behind, I couldn't be happier. The light up saber is damn near perfection.
73141ae18b7868ca67d808640a2d101e.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I think that's the main issue here. The scale of these things allows for more presence and detail for every statue and if you have one like this that's at the top of the class then you really have something special.

...something truly special :wink1:

Back