Iron Studios 1/4 Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In person it's got such a presence. I've never been so amazed by a collectable. Pics won't convey how it feels to be in front of this thing. It's just awesome.

My wife thought she was cute putting this elf on mine. Now I can't touch it until tonight when it gets moved lol

Having this piece now and knowing how great it is, I'd pay 1200 to have it. 650 was a steal. Everything from the detail, the weight, the materials. It's just that good. It feels significant. Even the helmet is heavy as ****.

On feel and weight alone I feel like I got my monies worth. I can't imagine this having a light plastic helmet, it would cheapen it. Those who have it understand, those who don't may be rolling their eyes thinking we are just justifying what we bought, but this is my Grail and everything I've ever wanted from a Vader piece. He's my favorite character ever with Godzilla close behind, I couldn't be happier. The light up saber is damn near perfection.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

As far as any eye-rolling, I'm gonna guess it would be not having seen the 1/4 IS has put out recently as well as the massive Batman. So far IS' fluid, natural sculpts and textural detail have blown me away (as well as being able to capture a likeness.) At least with their Civil War pieces it was one of the rare times I felt something was worth every penny I paid. May be the only time I ever e-mailed a company with pictures over how happy I was (I want IS to keep up the good work!)

Congrats to everyone who got a great Vader - sort of wish I had ordered him but besides the money it's nice to see a great figure with owners who value the piece and read a pretty happy thread. Hope there are some nice reveals at Brazil's big comic con CCXP.

Well I hope not. It's not very obvious from pics why this is so special. Especially for someone who has never owned 1/4 scale before.

Partly it has to do with the fact that none of the previous 1/4 scale Vader statues were all that well-regarded, and I think the other part is that 1/4 is the largest scale collectible that most people own. The closer something is to life-size, the more life-like it tends to become. In my case my 1/4 scale and 1/5 scale pieces are the smallest that I own, so maybe I wouldn't feel the same way. It's all very subjective, and probably difficult to explain as a result. Sometimes there's just something intangible that sets a piece apart.

Maybe it's me but you guys seem to be going a little overboard with how 'amazing' it is...it is VERY nice. It is not the most amazing statue in the world. I like mine...I don't like the double handed saber pose and the single hand saber pose with one hand out looks odd..who would hold a saber like that with one hand?? I like my Darth Maul and Kylo Ren much more. Simple and demanding...this seems to have too much going on, snow, pipes, vessels, lights. And my neighbor who collects calls it the Fat Vader....lol...cuz frankly, the statue adds a little heft to vader. I have never sat and stared at it even though it is now the centerpiece because it's the only place it will fit (another issue, if they would have done a better saber pose and a slightly smaller base this would have easily fit in a Besta). Just my $0.02. Let the beatings begin.

Maybe it's me but you guys seem to be going a little overboard with how 'amazing' it is...it is VERY nice. It is not the most amazing statue in the world. I like mine...I don't like the double handed saber pose and the single hand saber pose with one hand out looks odd..who would hold a saber like that with one hand?? I like my Darth Maul and Kylo Ren much more. Simple and demanding...this seems to have too much going on, snow, pipes, vessels, lights. And my neighbor who collects calls it the Fat Vader....lol...cuz frankly, the statue adds a little heft to vader. I have never sat and stared at it even though it is now the centerpiece because it's the only place it will fit (another issue, if they would have done a better saber pose and a slightly smaller base this would have easily fit in a Besta). Just my $0.02. Let the beatings begin.

Well, what are you waiting for then, sell it. You can buy 2 or 3 more of those crap PFs with the money. [emoji23]

Besta... why don’t you watch a YouTube video, invest in some basic tools and build your self something? Instead of both, relying a statue company to make something that fits in your cabinet and a cabinet company that fits you collectible. [emoji848][emoji51]

As far as all the rest of your complaints on this statue. I really can’t argue with any of it, as the complaints you list completely baffles me.. [emoji15][emoji15]

Sorry man, but you had it coming![emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This happens with anything that is well received by any majority. One or two people disagree and suddenly its overrated or we're "overreacting" and "here's why".

Just let it be. Some people have a crushing need to air their own contrary views and then wonder why its not going over well with the majority. it simply is what it is.

Everyone should just take comfort in the fact that we all like different things, and that's something that makes this hobby interesting. Otherwise everyone's collections would be exactly the same.

The people who like this will never be convinced not to, just the people who don't like it will never be convinced otherwise. And that's... kinda ok.

Well, what are you waiting for then, sell it. You can buy 2 or 3 more of those crap PFs with the money. [emoji23]

Besta... why don’t you watch a YouTube video, invest in some basic tools and build your self something? Instead of both, relying a statue company to make something that fits in your cabinet and a cabinet company that fits you collectible. [emoji848][emoji51]

As far as all the rest of your complaints on this statue. I really can’t argue with any of it, as the complaints you list completely baffles me.. [emoji15][emoji15]

Sorry man, but you had it coming![emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

I will when some sucker like u will pay me $1000 plus shipping for it!

Moderator...please ban him from the forum... :wink1:

Yeah no. I'm not going overboard. I love the thing. People feel differently about different things. News at 11.

Yeah no. I'm not going overboard. I love the thing. People feel differently about different things. News at 11.

Agreed. And different people have different likes. I like this. I seem to like simpler less busy things. Same attitude when it comes to my watches and cars. Classy. Not trendy.

I have a lot of Vaders in my collection, from 1:1 Legend helmet, to various statues and figures. This IS Vader is quite impressive, thus I'm really thinking of getting it myself, but from local distributor. I wish they had better lighting option and a stance where it won't take that much space. But looking at it you can see the great appeal this has to the collectors. Just try and compare it to opera Vader PF and you can see the difference instantly.

This happens with anything that is well received by any majority. One or two people disagree and suddenly its overrated or we're "overreacting" and "here's why".

Just let it be. Some people have a crushing need to air their own contrary views and then wonder why its not going over well with the majority. it simply is what it is.

That's a little harsh isn't it? We aren't all droids that have the exact same programming. I also collect Transformers and have seen this sort of thing before. When a certain figure is popular and someone voices a different opinion, the fandom rages. Sometimes an alternate point of view can be refreshing.

I kind of see what Newbieguy means about Darth Maul - it's a simple pose but captures the character so well. Sometimes less is more.

aab7e090ad198dd16c2ff95c0350a744.jpg

I left mine in that pose. It’s iconic and takes up less space. Reminds me a lot of the Attakus statue, but better with the force hand out. It also utilizes the “less is more” factor..

There really isn’t anything you can say bad about the untypical poses. If you don’t like the way he looks with certain arms, they have others you can display him with.

^^ I actually like that look out of all the options. I never liked the awkward lightsaber pose. But that’s just my opinion. :dunno

Believe me, I’ve been a hard critic on all previous Vader attempts.

I couldn’t understand why they could never get it right.

So if I’m here saying it’s a great statue and that it truly lives up to the man in the suit, then it’s not me just being some fandom nerd. [emoji851][emoji23]

This statue will have a special place on collectors shelves for a long time to come.

Believe me, I’ve been a hard critic on all previous Vader attempts.

I couldn’t understand why they could never get it right.

So if I’m here saying it’s a great statue and that it truly lives up to the man in the suit, then it’s not me just being some fandom nerd. [emoji851][emoji23]

This statue will have a special place on collectors shelves for a long time to come.

Same here... and yes, this is THE Vader statue I was waiting for

aab7e090ad198dd16c2ff95c0350a744.jpg

I left mine in that pose. It’s iconic and takes up less space. Reminds me a lot of the Attakus statue, but better with the force hand out. It also utilizes the “less is more” factor..

There really isn’t anything you can say bad about the untypical poses. If you don’t like the way he looks with certain arms, they have others you can display him with.

Agree 100%. I have tried to saber poses and just don't like. I am going back to this pose this evening and boxing up the other options. This pose also allows me to put another PF with him and Kylo.

Just payed off my Vader early and it should be shipping out today!:yess:

This will be a day long remembered. It has seen the last of my Darth Vader PF, and will soon see my IS Vader sometime next week.:lol

Back