Iron Studios 1/4 Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You're right. He should look like he's singing opera instead, like on the SS PF.

I am a huge Vader fan and have no desire to own that SS piece, so no thanks. I like this piece overall, but the pose is something I have to get used to. Everything looks to come together nicely on it. Probably pre-ordering tonight.

To be this reminds me of the pose at the end of rogue one which I like a lot which is the single best Vader scene ever

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All this bs talk about this pose and that pose. If Hot Toys would get off their as$ and release their 1/4 figure everyone could have whatever pose they want......at 60% of the cost.

To be this reminds me of the pose at the end of rogue one which I like a lot which is the single best Vader scene ever

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nailed it! If the base was a floor instead Of snow. Wait!!! They need interchangeable bases!!! Boom. That just happened. Mic drop.

How come no full scale wide shots with the interchangeable parts? Would Luke to see how it looks. Also I think this pose is right off one of the book covers.

All this bs talk about this pose and that pose. If Hot Toys would get off their as$ and release their 1/4 figure everyone could have whatever pose they want......at 60% of the cost.

Yeah and like 90% of all Hot Toys collections I've seen people will show him standing straight up.... Even if you take the time to get a good action pose and fluff the outfit to look good you still need a crotch stand to hold him in place so he won't fall over... I've done the Hot Toy route before, spent probably close to $3k-$4k on the figures and ended up selling my whole collection because it was hard to pose them in a decent action pose, not to mention all the hours playing with the outfits to look right.. Then you have issues with some joints are to stiff others are to loose... I get that some people love them, but for me I'll pass and stick with statues..

Ordered. I dismissed this piece at the $1,000 price tag so was shocked by the SS price. It's still expensive for a 1/4 piece but I think this is probably the last SW PF that I ever order.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Has there been info anywhere in regards to the light-up feature and if it's battery powered or wall adapter?

Please be all wall adapter and no batteries!!!!!

Agree! At least make a wall adapter an option like the base battery on the vader pf.

But yes wall adapter is the way to go!!!

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

I have three Iron Studio pieces with light up features (one 1/4 scale and two 1/6 scale) and all three are powered only via batteries with no options for wall adapter etc.

Ordered. I dismissed this piece at the $1,000 price tag so was shocked by the SS price. It's still expensive for a 1/4 piece but I think this is probably the last SW PF that I ever order.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Surprisingly it's still cheaper than their Civil War Iron Man, War Machine and Falcon pieces.

Yeah and like 90% of all Hot Toys collections I've seen people will show him standing straight up.... Even if you take the time to get a good action pose and fluff the outfit to look good you still need a crotch stand to hold him in place so he won't fall over... I've done the Hot Toy route before, spent probably close to $3k-$4k on the figures and ended up selling my whole collection because it was hard to pose them in a decent action pose, not to mention all the hours playing with the outfits to look right.. Then you have issues with some joints are to stiff others are to loose... I get that some people love them, but for me I'll pass and stick with statues..

:goodpost:

On the contrary, I'm a huge fan of articulated figures. But I'm seriously considering to make an exception since this IS statue has the potential to be the ultimate Vader so far. And no sign of HT Vader quarter scale.... :(

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk

Just pre-ordered. Very happy that SSC ended up having this piece. Could be a grail Vader.

Hey bro, you spent this long to figure it out? XDDD Back then I've brought a ironman mark3 when the first movie came out and I've already known that's definitely not my path of collectibles to follow down. That ironman is my only one I got from Hottoys till this day.

I have three Iron Studio pieces with light up features (one 1/4 scale and two 1/6 scale) and all three are powered only via batteries with no options for wall adapter etc.
Thats a bummer to hear, well this piece is getting alot of attention, maybe this will be their breakout wall plugin piece! (We can always hope right!?)

Thats a bummer to hear, well this piece is getting alot of attention, maybe this will be their breakout wall plugin piece! (We can always hope right!?)

I'm still considering this piece, but I think I better start looking into getting battery eliminators (AAA & AA) for all my current and future battery only statues.

Had a quick ebay search and they're not cheap.

I'm still considering this piece, but I think I better start looking into getting battery eliminators (AAA & AA) for all my current and future battery only statues.

Had a quick ebay search and they're not cheap.

That's really too bad! But a battery operated saber?

Back