Iron Studios 1/4 Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's really too bad! But a battery operated saber?

I think it'll all be internally wired to one power source (I hope anyway - but if it's like the recent Vader PF, only certain lights if any will ever be switched on, except for when I first assemble the statue out of the box), but my only concern is that it won't have a port for an AC adapter etc.

What's wrong with battery only statues?

I personally don't like to have to change batteries all the time on my statues, which involves disassembling my statue etc. I leave my various statue lights on (if they are powered by the mains) for hours on end, which would run the batteres dry within a day or two.

I also like to control (on/off) my display lights including those on the statues etc via a single wireless remote, which if they're powered only by standard batteries that isn't possible.

And once I put the statues in my display cabinents (e.g. Besta's with doors which have alot of foam tape to restrict dust from entering from any gapes - I hate dust / or statues under full acrylic covers it'll be a real hassle to change batteries) I seldom even touch them, except when I need to rearranbge pieces.

What's wrong with battery only statues?

And besides all the points Phoenixblazes just made: batteries will corrode if you're not careful and will ruin your statue. Also, like the PF Darth Vader, if I have to switch on 4 different hidden switches to get light up features, I won't be using that after one or two times. It's just not practical, especially because I like to display everything beneath or behind glass, so it's hard to get to. It's just so short-sighted. Best to leave it out and save money

That's why I'm not a fan of light up features.... changing batteries, batteries corroding and if the lights stop working the value of your statue just went down....

I've been thinking long and hard about this and I think I am going to have to pass. $700 when you include shipping might be a good price for it but that's still a lot of money. I have the Mythos Vader (which I like more anyway) so I think I'll stick with that one. (I hope I don't end up regretting that decision) :)

I've been thinking long and hard about this and I think I am going to have to pass. $700 when you include shipping might be a good price for it but that's still a lot of money. I have the Mythos Vader (which I like more anyway) so I think I'll stick with that one. (I hope I don't end up regretting that decision) :)

Yes, $700 is a lot. I was surprised, given the popularity, that it wasn't more. Given the alternatives at this scale, I'm actually happy to get a Vader with a pose I like for $700. Paint and quality will be revealed once it gets into collectors' hands, but I'm not too worried about that.

Yes, $700 is a lot. I was surprised, given the popularity, that it wasn't more. Given the alternatives at this scale, I'm actually happy to get a Vader with a pose I like for $700. Paint and quality will be revealed once it gets into collectors' hands, but I'm not too worried about that.

my thoughts exactly. The SS PF with the PVC head and odd opera pose was a no go for me. So glad they decided to carry this piece.

my thoughts exactly. The SS PF with the PVC head and odd opera pose was a no go for me. So glad they decided to carry this piece.

Though I believe the head is likely to be polystone, just keep in mind that Iron Studios is a company that can and does use plastics or other alternatives in their pieces if they feel it is warranted.

It's cool but I also like the SS pose. Every statue will have haters and lovers lol this one is nice but like any statue it could be better to some people with changes.

I'll likely see about getting it but I was unsure why his gloves and arms are shiny, are they supposed to be?

Have a feeling I'll order tonight after a couple drinks. Can always return if it sucks.

What sux is SS only put it up now but if they did it a month ago you could use a coupon code according to them after 30 days. I've emailed asking for a code and go them before.

Damn that was a quick turnaround!

I need this baby to sit next to either my 1/4 boba fett or EFX Vader helmet. I really need to post new pics of my room. My wife is toooooo supportive.

I can already visualize with sword on belt and left hand out with death grip.

Back