Iron Studios 1/4 Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys, are the batteries for the green lights on the belt on a separate battery to the base that I haven't seen or are they just not working?

Edit:

Nevermind I figured it out. There is a seperate switch on the back of the belt. My green lights are indeed not working but the small red ones do.

Thank you in advance for any help.
54d8c6c2c8df06e14535edb66e31aa26.jpg

On another note, does anyone have any photos of this in the box? I'm so confused as to where certain bits go when packaging it up.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Hey guys, are the batteries for the green lights on the belt on a separate battery to the base that I haven't seen or are they just not working?

Edit:

Nevermind I figured it out. There is a seperate switch on the back of the belt. My green lights are indeed not working but the small red ones do.

Thank you in advance for any help.
54d8c6c2c8df06e14535edb66e31aa26.jpg

On another note, does anyone have any photos of this in the box? I'm so confused as to where certain bits go when packaging it up.

I know it's obvious, but have you replaced the belt batteries? Mine was having issues out of the box and fresh batteries fixed it.

I know it's obvious, but have you replaced the belt batteries? Mine was having issues out of the box and fresh batteries fixed it.

Agreed. My green lights went out before the red ones on the belt. New batteries brought 'em back to life. They go out quick though.

Thanks for the photos and info guys. It's much appreciated. I should get those batteries out myself. You're probably right in saying it's the belt batteries that are the problem. They might have leaked from the previous owner.

The pose with the left hand in the air is very underrated I feel as it mimics the Empire Strikes Back "I am your father" scene.

20200621_202359.jpg

The pose with the left hand in the air is very underrated I feel as it mimics the Empire Strikes Back

That the exactly how I prefer to display him. Never been a fan of the red stick lightsaber and I generally don't even take them out of the box.

45f85b00d8fc819db3edf7265a874f90.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

The excellent thing about this statue is that you can choose the arms and pose you like the most, and then change it, if you are tired of that. And you can arrange and mod the cape too for a different display than your previous setup or other collectors' displays

Shame we haven't seen much more Star Wars 1/4 releases from Iron Studios other than Yoda. Do they still have the license?

Yoda is still available at most retailers and the edition size was pretty low, so that probably has a lot to do with it. There was a big drop in quality between Vader and Yoda though.

That the exactly how I prefer to display him. Never been a fan of the red stick lightsaber and I generally don't even take them out of the box.

The light up saber is done really well, and was a big selling point for me. He still looks cool without it but I couldn't even imagine not displaying it at this point. It's so menacing in the man cave with the lights dimmed and Vaders bright red saber on. It reminds me of the awesome rogue one scene.

The light up saber is done really well, and was a big selling point for me. He still looks cool without it but I couldn't even imagine not displaying it at this point. It's so menacing in the man cave with the lights dimmed and Vaders bright red saber on. It reminds me of the awesome rogue one scene.

I would definitely be more inclined to use it if it wasn't dependant on batteries as I agree when lit the saber does look pretty sweet.

I would definitely be more inclined to use it if it wasn't dependant on batteries as I agree when lit the saber does look pretty sweet.

Add some Panasonic Eneloops in the base and they won't leak and last a long time. Thus you can turn on the base reflector and the saber.

One thing I would like for the collectibles that go with AA/AAA batteries though, is some kind of an adapter to go with an USB charger. Maybe something like this would do the job? Anyone knows a better alternative?

https://www.amazon.com/Lenink-Bater...ords=aa+battery+adapter&qid=1593091015&sr=8-9

usb charger.jpg

Add some Panasonic Eneloops in the base and they won't leak and last a long time. Thus you can turn on the base reflector and the saber.

One thing I would like for the collectibles that go with AA/AAA batteries though, is some kind of an adapter to go with an USB charger. Maybe something like this would do the job? Anyone knows a better alternative?

https://www.amazon.com/Lenink-Bater...ords=aa+battery+adapter&qid=1593091015&sr=8-9

View attachment 488457

thanks for the link, I'll have to try it.

The biggest failure in the vader was the batteries as AC was surely needed.

thanks for the link, I'll have to try it.

The biggest failure in the vader was the batteries as AC was surely needed.

Please let us know if this works, I might buy one if it works, but being in EU don't want to pay shipping and taxes to find out it won't.

The pose with the left hand in the air is very underrated I feel as it mimics the Empire Strikes Back "I am your father" scene.

View attachment 488362

That is a great pose and probably my fav. Recently I have been displaying him Arm out choke hold while holding saber. Other then Pointing finger they are all great.

It is IMO the most Iconic pose for this piece for sure.

Yes its very menacing when that saber is on.

You really cant go wrong with this piece if you pic any pose other then the pointing finger.

Its might be impossible to ever top this Vader.

That is a great pose and probably my fav. Recently I have been displaying him Arm out choke hold while holding saber. Other then Pointing finger they are all great.

It is IMO the most Iconic pose for this piece for sure.

Yes its very menacing when that saber is on.

You really cant go wrong with this piece if you pic any pose other then the pointing finger.

Its might be impossible to ever top this Vader.

This. It really is a stand-out statue. Unless MYC takes a swing at the icon, this is probably as good as it gets...

Back