Iron Man Robert Downey Jr. Headsculpt List

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow! Looks great. The only things I can notice are the jawline and the cheeks / jaw need to be a touch wider, as well as the hair as other have noted. It's awesome though!

Any new progress? Or is the sculpt completed?

Just made the final tweaks.

These are grayscale photos to remove any confusing coloring. My wax had a little variation.

I've changed his hair, jawline and a few other minor adjustments. I think he looks pretty close.

Now I'll do a cleanup, remove the crumbles from the hair and any tool marks, give him a gentle polish with lighter fluid, crisp any lost detail and mold! And then cast....and cast...and cast...:lol

I hope everyone likes the results!

6.JPG

7.JPG

8.JPG

Damn, that's awesome. The hair's a tiny bit off but nothing earth shattering. Can't wait to get mine! Is the head on ebay the cleaned up product or is it slightly different?

Damn, that's awesome. The hair's a tiny bit off but nothing earth shattering. Can't wait to get mine! Is the head on ebay the cleaned up product or is it slightly different?

Glad you like him. The eBay photo was before these revisions. I'll change that out shortly after cleanup.

Obviously, you guys get priority.

Where in particular do you see the issue in the hair? detailed critique helps.

I'm looking forward to seeing some of these painted.

Then the question is, if everyone is satisfied, what's the next commission? I've been thinking about a smirking Indiana Jones...

I think the part looks too clean and defined, especially as compared to the reference photo a few pages back. I know it's hard to do fine hair at the scale so that's always going to be an issue, I think. In a perfect world I think it'd be a little messier (in line with the reference photo), but I'm gonna stick him in a suit, so the messy look doesn't work either ...

Next commission ... hmmmmmmm ...

I think the part looks too clean and defined, especially as compared to the reference photo a few pages back. I know it's hard to do fine hair at the scale so that's always going to be an issue, I think. In a perfect world I think it'd be a little messier (in line with the reference photo), but I'm gonna stick him in a suit, so the messy look doesn't work either ...

Next commission ... hmmmmmmm ...

Well, that's the thing. This was sort of a compromise between the messed up and clean look. Hopefully it can go either way depending on what the individual wants.

Your improvements worked well, great job Chris!!! I might of missed the post but what were the payment arrangements for the original group?

I just did a quick photoshop color job (nothing worth showing) since it's hard for me to see likeness on unpainted heads and the likeness looks pretty damn close.

I didn't even save it. I just threw some sloppy flat colors on it real fast.

I don't know how much the original group cost was, because I wasn't a part of it. I got in on it for $35+$5 shipping.

Can't wait to get it, either.

Your improvements worked well, great job Chris!!! I might of missed the post but what were the payment arrangements for the original group?

$20.83 for the first, $10.00 for each additional plus $5.00 shipping was the deal for the initial group. After that, to be fair to those who hopped on first, it went to $35.00 for the first, $10.00 for each additional plus $5.00 shipping.

The $10.00 extras was a deal for Sideshow Freaks members only as a thank you from me!

Some really good paint apps will make this sculpt pop! It's all about the eyes!! Get those eyelashes and eyebrows dark and visible, and it'll rock!! :chew

Back