Iron Man Comiquette Exclusive Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
screamingmetal said:
:lol LOl I don't even want to send it back to Sideshow if it needs to be replaced, and I think they'll cover shipping!

Thanks for the advice Toe. The Iron Man comiquette only has one post, it's square and permanently in place. The problem is that the square hole is almost too narrow for the post which is why I ask if anyone else has had this problem.

Edit:
I guess I had to figure it out for myself.
I inverted the statue and tried putting the base on the statue instead of putting the statue on the base, worked out fine.

I had some trouble getting the post in. I almost thought it was defective. I ended up putting the base on Iron Man instead of trying to put him on the base. That make any sense? I put Iron man on the table and tried to slide the base on to the peg. The base is much more easy to handle and manuver than the statue is. Still take it slow. Hope this helps

foolkiller said:
I had some trouble getting the post in. I almost thought it was defective. I ended up putting the base on Iron Man instead of trying to put him on the base. That make any sense? I put Iron man on the table and tried to slide the base on to the peg. The base is much more easy to handle and manuver than the statue is. Still take it slow. Hope this helps
:lol It made perfect sense as I stated in the edit of that post you quoted there, I had already figured out that trick.
Thanks for the help anyways!

Just an update for those who care (or don't)...

The ebay seller I bought from dropped off the face of the earth. He said he was going to contact SS to see about a replacement but I never heard from him again. Looks like I'm now stuck with a damaged and broken Iron Man.

Here's a pic of some of the damage:

iron_man_damage.JPG

That is unfortunate, sorry. Good thing is, that actually isn't too hard a fix. :cool:

Crash1207 said:

The ebay seller I bought from dropped off the face of the earth. He said he was going to contact SS to see about a replacement but I never heard from him again. Looks like I'm now stuck with a damaged and broken Iron Man.

Yikes! DId you pay by credit card? Maybe they can help you since the goods you received wasn't what was promised. I almost hate to ask this but did you pay for shipping insurance? That would help to get your money back.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks pretty obvious that someone dropped the head. I would see if Sideshow would send you a replacement, if that's the only part damaged. If it's more than that, good luck.

Crash1207 said:

please give us more info regarding this seller over at:

https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9546

Last edited by a moderator:
I have faith that within the next week or two my waitlist will be converted!

Back