Iron Man 4 (directed by Mel Gibson)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really hope this happens, but I wouldn't get my hopes up considering this is Marvel/Disney we're talking about. I'm a fan of Gibson as an actor and a director. Braveheart is one of my favorite films.

Mel Gibson helped out Robert Downey Jr. during his struggling, they're both good friends, I could see this going down. I mean, we had Shane Black directing Iron Man 3, why not have Riggs direct 4?

Spike Lee is worse, but he can get away with it. He makes ****** movies anyway.

Talk about a false equivalency :huh. Spike makes his opinions known politically and gives commentary on social norms. Mel was certainly not making a political statement or giving social commentary. He's a racist and his TWO! rants give a glimpse into the man's beliefs...regardless if he was mad or not. He opened up his mouth and proved how ignorant he is/was.

Disney's no slouch. Regardless of the man's talent, they'd do best to leave him in entertainment limbo. Last thing they would need is for him to get drunk or mad and start spewing his racist rants sometime during the movie release...could taint the whole Marvel franchise.

Talk about a false equivalency :huh. Spike makes his opinions known politically and gives commentary on social norms. Mel was certainly not making a political statement or giving social commentary. He's a racist and his TWO! rants give a glimpse into the man's beliefs...regardless if he was mad or not. He opened up his mouth and proved how ignorant he is/was.

Disney's no slouch. Regardless of the man's talent, they'd do best to leave him in entertainment limbo. Last thing they would need is for him to get drunk or mad and start spewing his racist rants sometime during the movie release...could taint the whole Marvel franchise.

Yes, because Disney only hires role models :lol

Malibu sheriffs pulled him over after his black 1996 Explorer was clocked going 70 mph along a 50-mph stretch of the Pacific Coast Highway. They found heroin, cocaine and crack—and the gun. Downey posted $10,000 bail and left. Then, three weeks later, he stumbled into the Malibu home of strangers and passed out in an 11-year-old's bed.

8VpSfHJ.jpg

Wasn't he hired before the Marvel Studios acquisition though?

I like a lot of Gibson films, I did not like the last Iron Man film!

Maybe Gibson will make it more dramatic, with better timing humour.

It doesn't matter if you're a drug addict, sex deviant or murderer (Matthew Broderick), Hollywood will welcome you back with open arms. Racism and anti-Semitism? Uhhh.....

I'm talking about how people react to what he says. Lee is a racist too, but he gets away with it. That's just the way it is.

I don't care what Gibson says when he's loaded. At least he has a bit of an excuse. People do stupid **** when they're high or drunk.

I'd be all for Mel Gibson directing the next Iron Man movie. The film industry has a long history of putting aside personal issues in favor of making $$. I'd go see it twice if Iron Man called someone "sugar ****".

Gibson is an extremely talented guy, in terms of his acting and directing skills. And I personally think someone should deserve another chance after screwing up. I would support his being involved, though I can see it creating controversy Disney may want to avoid. Downey Jr.'s problems, as bad as they were, didn't involve him saying offensive things about groups of influential people.

Back