Iron Man 3 Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The casting on Iron Man 3 continues, with the latest news being that Jessica Chastain might nab a role in the film opposite Robert Downey, Jr.

Deadline reports that the part The Help actress is up for is a "sexy scientist every bit as smart as Tony Stark." Sounds like it could be Maya Hansen from the Extremis comic, which has widely been reported as the basis for IM3.

The site says that Chastain was "originally offered the role but it looked like she was going to be preoccupied making a movie with Joel Edgerton and Samantha Morton, [possibly] The Disappearance of Eleanor Rigby. She also had scheduling issues involving the Kathryn Bigelow-directed Sony Pictures film about the hunt for Osama Bin Laden." Marvel started to look to Diane Kruger, Gemma Arterton and Isla Fisher instead, but Chastain's schedule conflicts were resolved and now she looks to be a go.

Downey, Jr., Gwyneth Paltrow and Don Cheadle all return for the film, while Guy Pearce and Ben Kingsley are also expected to join the franchise. Production begins next month.

https://movies.ign.com/articles/122/1223598p1.html

Yes, there's plenty. :lol

Jessica Chastain is no longer in the running for the film due to schedule conflicts. From Diane Kruger, Isla Fisher and Gemma Arterton I hope they choose Diane or Gemma. :pray:

:lol

Since this is supposed to be someone who is older and could believably have worked with RDJ, I feel Diane would be the best for the role out of three mentioned.

I'm curious to see how these solo movies will perform... they are going to need a hell of plot and be very entertaining because the Avengers will be a hard act to follow. People might not be interested to see one hero when they have watched a movie with like, 7 of them in it.

I don't think the Iron Man solo films will have to worry about that... but possibly Captain America and Thor.

6. 3 Iron Man ones and 3 Avengers ones.

Doesn't the 6 include cameos? He was in The Incredible Hulk

I'm sure he will extend his contract if needed but just curious whether we know that number includes cameos or not.

From what I recall Samuel L's contract is 9 films, and that DOES include the cameos

I personally didn't really care for the Extremis storyline.....:monkey2

Totally agree. It's quite a bummer to me that they're going that route.

Internalizing Stark's armor rewrites a fundamental aspect of his character--that he's just a mortal man without the suit.

Ellis just turned him into another "dude endowed with superpowers."

And he did it in a way that--even for a fantasy comicbook--strains believability. Stored in his bones? :cuckoo:

Favreau's Shellhead was so grounded in terms of his tech. I'll miss that.

<nerd rant over>

6. 3 Iron Man ones and 3 Avengers ones.

Incorrect. While his specific contract wasn't told, the belief is that it was five. Which is why when SLJ signed up for 9 it was a big deal. Cameos count. RDJ was in:

-Iron Man
-The Incredible Hulk
-Iron Man 2
-The Avengers

His contract is up after Iron Man 3. Supposedly he was supposed to be in the end sequence of Captain America at one point at SHIELD during one draft but that was cut because it would count as a film and put IM3 in danger of having to resign him. He can sign on for more but Kevin Feige has already eluded to recasting when Downey walks and simply trying to continue the films like James Bond instead of recasting.

Kevin Feige said:
"I think Bond is a good example. Let’s put it this way: I hope Downey makes a lot of movies for us as Stark. If and when he doesn’t, and I’m still here making these movies, we don’t take him to Afghanistan and have him wounded again. I think we James Bond it."

Rebecca Hall has been cast as the female lead in Iron Man 3. :love:love:love

https://collider.com/iron-man-3-rebecca-hall/164959/

I like Chastain, but I like Hall even more. Good news.

iron-man-3-rebecca-hall-461x600.jpg

While she is hot, I'm a little over the "make Pepper jealous" angle. To some respects ScarJo did it in IM2 and with their "happy little family" in The Avengers it feels like a step backwards. I'll roll with it though.

Back