Iron Man 3 Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, she will be easy on the eyes. :)

I would expect Downey to keep playing Stark for quite sometime. He's been on record how much he enjoys the role and so as long as the money works it should be quite sometime before he leaves the role.

While she is hot, I'm a little over the "make Pepper jealous" angle. To some respects ScarJo did it in IM2 and with their "happy little family" in The Avengers it feels like a step backwards. I'll roll with it though.

is it confirmed that's what she's there for? After the Avengers they don't need to lose steam -- there should only be progression :(

They were so cute together.

Don't really care for the actress... she was from The Town right?

Internalizing Stark's armor rewrites a fundamental aspect of his character--that he's just a mortal man without the suit.

Ellis just turned him into another "dude endowed with superpowers."

And he did it in a way that--even for a fantasy comicbook--strains believability. Stored in his bones? :cuckoo:

Favreau's Shellhead was so grounded in terms of his tech. I'll miss that.

<nerd rant over>

actually, it's not stark's armour per se that's stored in the hollows of his bones. it's just the crucial innersheath that his outer layer of actual armour attaches itself to. without the armour, he's still vulnerable.

personally, i'm excited to see what they can do with the ideas in extremis as a base for iron man 3. the whole nanotechnology angle will give stark the image of being on the cutting-edge again. there's only so much you can do with the present marks (ii - vii), they're essentially the same tech. imo, a nanotech-based suit wired directly into his brain/nervous system is the next quantum leap. i mean, this is sci-fi anyway, so why not really push it?

Incorrect. While his specific contract wasn't told, the belief is that it was five. Which is why when SLJ signed up for 9 it was a big deal. Cameos count. RDJ was in:

-Iron Man
-The Incredible Hulk
-Iron Man 2
-The Avengers

His contract is up after Iron Man 3. Supposedly he was supposed to be in the end sequence of Captain America at one point at SHIELD during one draft but that was cut because it would count as a film and put IM3 in danger of having to resign him. He can sign on for more but Kevin Feige has already eluded to recasting when Downey walks and simply trying to continue the films like James Bond instead of recasting.

Pay the man. Robert Downey Jr. IS Tony Stark. Nobody can even come close to playing the part the RDJ was born to play.

RDJ = Tony Stark, the end.

The last thing I want is some ass clown in IM4 doing a RDJ impression.

Pay the man, or no one's paying to see IM4 or Avengers 2, about as simple as that.

the whole nanotechnology angle will give stark the image of being on the cutting-edge again. there's only so much you can do with the present marks (ii - vii), they're essentially the same tech. imo, a nanotech-based suit wired directly into his brain/nervous system is the next quantum leap. i mean, this is sci-fi anyway, so why not really push it?

Fair enough! Good points made, Mr. Durden.

But "crucial innersheath" sounds too much like a canine crankshaft. :pfft:

Last edited:
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/jon-favreau-talks-iron-man-3-revolution-324003

Amid all the buzz about The Avengers' $1 billion box-office bonanza, it's easy to lose sight of the fact that, had it not been for one man, the superhero sonic boom might never have happened in the first place. And it's even easier considering that Jon Favreau, whose wildly successful Iron Man films set the stage for Marvel's Hulk-sized hero team-up, doesn't engage in much self-promotion even when offered the opportunity.

He will, however, speak at length about the projects he has on the horizon.

The Hollywood Reporter caught up with Favreau ahead of Monday's NBC upfront presentation, where he presented the pilot he directed for a new hourlong genre drama called Revolution, about a postapocalyptic, powerless society. He also touched on Iron Man 3, which he will produce (Shane Black is directing), and provided some new details about star Robert Downey Jr.'s latest go-round in the metal bodysuit.

The Hollywood Reporter: I’ve got to congratulate you on the success of The Avengers.

Jon Favreau: Yeah, how do you like that? Turned out really well. Look, it was something we always planned for, and hoped for, but anything could have gone wrong, and it took a lot of things to go right. First and foremost, Joss, to be able to pull together -- four different characters based on four different sets of films that shared a lot tonally and they shared some cast-wise, but he had to pull all those things together and make it work, it’s a very high degree of difficulty for him. But we had done a lot of setup in Iron Man 2 and even in Iron Man 1, we were hoping that it would come to this. I don’t think it became a reality until the last few years, but we were definitely planning for it. But it took a lot of people to pass the baton well, and each director who had been involved with the franchises did their part, but it took Joss to really seal the deal, and clearly it worked out, because the moment seems to continue going.

THR: So you’re producing Iron Man 3. That’s filming soon. What’s the status?

Favreau: Yeah, down in Wilmington, it’s starting to shoot in a couple weeks. I was just talking to Shane Black and Downey and look, I think it’s a really smart way to go. After Avengers, you want to start with something really bold and inspired, and if you’ve ever seen Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang, you’ve seen that when Downey and Shane get together, interesting and unexpected things happen. I’m happy to see that it’s taking a bit of a tonal shift from The Avengers and it’s going to be something completely different and exciting, and I’m happy to be a part of it.

THR: What kind of tonal shift? Darker?

Favreau: No, just a little bit more offbeat, I’d say. Shane and Robert definitely have an original point of view and an original take on the character, and I think it delves deeper into what makes Tony Stark tick and plays on the unexpected original unpredictable quality of the character that I think fans gravitate to.

THR: Are you going to be involved on a daily basis?

Favreau: I’ll be very involved on that one. I’ve already been talking to them and I feel a tremendous connection to that franchise and that character, and I’m very proud to see it moving forward in a way that re-enforces that story.

RDJ = Tony Stark, the end.

The last thing I want is some ass clown in IM4 doing a RDJ impression.

Pay the man, or no one's paying to see IM4 or Avengers 2, about as simple as that.

:goodpost::exactly:

Anybody watch the Avengers cartoon? The guy playing Iron Man is basically trying to rip off RDJ voice, and it drives me nuts.

Does that mean we might be getting Demon in a Bottle? :horror

It's a cartoon. It works. :dunno

Yup. this just means RDJ is the dfeinitive Stark and it shows they know thats what people want. Its like the guy who plays Shaggy in the Scooby Doo cartoons nowadays. Is he trying to mimic Casey Kasem or just doing his best to sound like Shaggy? :dunno

Yup. this just means RDJ is the dfeinitive Stark and it shows they know thats what people want. Its like the guy who plays Shaggy in the Scooby Doo cartoons nowadays. Is he trying to mimic Casey Kasem or just doing his best to sound like Shaggy? :dunno

As is the case with Iron Man, the answer is both. Likewise I couldn't picture Indy or Han Solo without Ford's voice (or a mimic).

1namk.jpg

James Badge Dale joins the cast as Eric Savin (they are saying he's a villain)

https://www.deadline.com/2012/05/james-badge-dale-in-iron-man-3-talks/

Probably not going out on a limb much here and throwing out a guess that character will be unrecognizable by the time he sees screentime.

Probably not going out on a limb much here and throwing out a guess that character will be unrecognizable by the time he sees screentime.

I'm sure that will come as quite a blow to the three people who actually knew who this character was.

Back