IRON MAN 2 Mk VI Maquette photos

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can't cancel mine,I have on Flexpay.I guaranf...tee you,if mine comes with bad/cheap/lazy paint job.
I Call them up and say it came broke.So no other poor bastard will get a half done statue.Can't trust UPS these days for fragile items eh ?

:lol....ya those bastards and their butter fingers.

Chris

Im hoping they fix the issue before WM hits, but it honestly isnt worth the headache for me right now. If I start seeing in hand pics of WM and IM later on with good paint apps worthy of a $500+ price tag I may order again. As is however, im sure both of these will show up on 2nd chance a few months from now..so theirs no rush to get these. But I doubt anything will be done to correct the issue honestly. My search continues to find a good IM collectible.

Chris

After hearing the horror stories this one has been crossed off the list. I was looking forward to it, but the bad stories are endless on this piece. To bad, so much potential. Sideshow's quality is going down hill across the board. I hope the Hulk Comiquette does not have problems like this.

Im really debating whether or not to keep this and WM. I just got off the phone with SS and I asked the rep if they have have been having any issues with the paint apps again. She told me they havent got any calls about it.

It sounds to me like the CS rep just didn't want to get into it. I don't know who you talked to, but I talked to CS rep and she told me that they were investigating reports of sloppy paint issues. I then had a great talk to the person who is in charge of my exchange and they were very well aware of the situation; they were super friendly, honest, and...blunt with me about the chances of a perfect replacement.

I guarantee you 100% that all of the CS reps know and have had complaints. Especially if their vendors are getting hit with return/exchange requests.

Last edited:
It sounds to me like the CS rep just didn't want to get into it. I don't know who you talked to, but I talked to CS rep and she told me that they were investigating reports of sloppy paint issues. I then had a great talk to the person who is in charge of my exchange and they were very well aware of the situation; they were super friendly, honest, and...blunt with me about the chances of a perfect replacement.

I guarantee you 100% that all of the CS reps know and have had complaints. Especially if their vendors are getting hit with return/exchange requests.

So, what are the chances of you getting a perfect replacement?

Probably really low. Hence I sent mine back today and will use the money for the Hot Toys War Machine.

Really feel for those who got bad pieces.

But I do hope SS is hit badly on this to make them rethink about their QC, its consistency and improve on it.

Probably really low. Hence I sent mine back today and will use the money for the Hot Toys War Machine.

I only ask because I'm in the same boat as him. SS received mine a week ago and I was told by the rep working on my replacement that it may take some time to find one without the flaws I had (chin, poor paint app on hands, and black paint on stomach).

I just told them I'm mainly concerned about the chin...

I've had to wait a while to get mine, but now that it's open I need some advice from you guys.

My IM's facepaint isn't all that bad (average), but there is a chip on the bottom of the left shoulder armor - pictured here.

IMChip.jpg

I suppose it would be pretty easy to put silver on that area and make it part of the battle damage "scuffing" due to it being on the edge... (not that I should have to repaint anything.)

The bigger problem comes on the back. I'm not sure if anyone else had had this in the same area, but I have a weird mispaint/blotch of red next to the left shoulder blade while the opposite side is perfect. I've looked at a lot of other photos and not seen this on anyone else's. Here's a shot...

Backblotch.jpg

To me this looks like a bad glue job, with the glue destroying the paint finish. What do you think?

Yeah look at mine

So, what are the chances of you getting a perfect replacement?
I don't want to get into that; that is why I was vague as to who I talked to and didn't say what they told me. The person talked candidly with me and I respect that. The point is Sideshow is very, very well aware of the QC issues and complaints; specifically, widespread dissatisfaction with the chin.

I really hope that my replacement is superior because I have a special spot empty in my display cabinet set for him to join Captain America and Thor.

The only thing I hope is that Sideshow does some self reflecting on their current QC measures because there is no way Sideshow can say that people are receiving a quality product with the issues being seen.

Last edited:

Oh im sure whoever I spoke with was well aware also. But when you try to snuff it off like not a single person has called and complained...meanwhile theirs two major forums packed with complaints and pictures showcasing the issues. Its an ignorant move to not even acknowledge the concerns a customer is calling in about. I wasnt going to rip her head off if she said "yes, their have been complaints". I would have felt relieved im not the only one and that it was being looked into. I may have kept my orders if she responded with that. Instead she took the dodgy route and denied it totally. Well thats fine, im not going hand $500 over to a company that doesnt know what the hell is going on with its own products. Because of that they just lost $1000 from me and all others should do the same to make the message loud and clear.

Chris

I still wonder what my options are. I'm waiting to hear back, I think torrow will be 6 or 7 bizness days. I'm screwed , cause I used about $280 on reward points, so seems my only option is a replacement.

Thats nuts...I would ask and bugg them to get your points back. Its not like you changed your mind and then wanted somthing else. Your being forced to void your points because you got a statue with QC problems. Im sure if you knew ahead of time that that would be the case you wouldnt have used them. They still OWE you those points.

Chris

Yours is definitely handsome/sharp and proves bad chin is not a universal truth.
Nice get! Congratulation!!! :clap:clap:clap

Thank you! I'm pleased with it and I love the piece. I can't tell yall how much I do. So I'm happy I got a good one and hope the few bad ones out there get taken care of and good ones follow them.

I'm not trying to rub this in anyones faces by the way. Just its a photo thread with no photos basically and just how bad this piece is. I just want to express my happiness with it and show how good this piece is and the job SS/Legacy did.

Thank you! I posted several a few pages back. This piece really brought the movie to life for me personally.

Back