IRON MAN 2 Mk VI Maquette photos

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't believe this is only 17 inches in height. I keep looking at it thinking it's at least 22 inches. :(

Saw it at comic con up close and yes its not tall, but it is still a big piece (thicker if you wanna say) and very detailed. Im waiting patiently for mine to arrive but its hard to bare. :impatient:

It is an awesome piece for any Ironman fan to add in their collection. For those, who thinks the pictures look good, i think it will looks alot better in person.

hehe...I ordered mne through Alter Ego, so I'll be waiting a bit longer. lol

It would've been nice if this piece had an a/c adapter to go with it. I'm under the impression that the light-up features is only battery operated or am I incorrect?

hehe...I ordered mne through Alter Ego, so I'll be waiting a bit longer. lol

It would've been nice if this piece had an a/c adapter to go with it. I'm under the impression that the light-up features is only battery operated or am I incorrect?

At the con I saw it hooked up to AC adapter but it looks like for us its gonna be battery operated. This piece really does look way better in person. Pics do it no justice.

At the con I saw it hooked up to AC adapter but it looks like for us its gonna be battery operated. This piece really does look way better in person. Pics do it no justice.
The Ironman's life size bust and 1/2 scale statue did had the ac adapter, hopefully it comes with this maquette too.

What is the irregularity around the mouth that people have been talking about? I hope it isn't the case of something I was worried about before which is this:

It was from the experience when I saw one on display has the mouth overly painted with black which cross the golden color near the left part of the lip. I have also saw one having uneven golden paint around the entire area of the chin. These two pieces were already enough for me to worry if the mouth would have an issue. Luckily, my worry was wrong and not necessary as mine is fine for that.

unfortunately, i have to agree with the rest of u who have cancelled preorders. i did too. very disappointed in 2 things:

1) the chest RT. it's just a blank white space, which is not character accurate. even ht, at a quarter of the price, gives us a clear glass plate with the inner reactor inside. what's legacy's excuse, for all their claims to be THE most authentic execution of iron man from the film? it's not too much to ask for a detailed arc reactor sculpt. c'mon, it's an essential part of the character.

2) the gold paintwork SUCKS. sorry, those who disagree. all the in-hand pics have shown that it's nothing more than a dull yellow rather than the rich metallic gold it should be. this was verified by a friend of mine who's seen the piece in person. what an oversight.

in short, the maquette is simply not worth the steep asking price.

it's all the more painful because the pose is so dynamic, the sculpt is superb and the base is excellent.

unfortunately, i have to agree with the rest of u who have cancelled preorders. i did too. very disappointed in 2 things:

1) the chest RT. it's just a blank white space, which is not character accurate. even ht, at a quarter of the price, gives us a clear glass plate with the inner reactor inside. what's legacy's excuse, for all their claims to be THE most authentic execution of iron man from the film? it's not too much to ask for a detailed arc reactor sculpt. c'mon, it's an essential part of the character.

2) the gold paintwork SUCKS. sorry, those who disagree. all the in-hand pics have shown that it's nothing more than a dull yellow rather than the rich metallic gold it should be. this was verified by a friend of mine who's seen the piece in person. what an oversight.

in short, the maquette is simply not worth the steep asking price.

it's all the more painful because the pose is so dynamic, the sculpt is superb and the base is excellent.

I think you may be over-analyzing this one. :lol

dude, those pics are awesome!

Can't wait for mine to arrive.

For those who are upset about the RT, Legacy gave the solid white piece because that was how they did it with their maquette and props.

I'm not the least bit upset. You're not supposed to be able to see the arc from the outside so this is them giving us movie accuracy.

The gold is awesome. Its the same colour they used on the bust and the 1:2 statue.

Perfect for me and a real bonus that they're being consistent.

Big win! :clap:clap

For those who are upset about the RT, Legacy gave the solid white piece because that was how they did it with their maquette and props.

I'm not the least bit upset. You're not supposed to be able to see the arc from the outside so this is them giving us movie accuracy.

The gold is awesome. Its the same colour they used on the bust and the 1:2 statue.

He's right. The gold looks just fine. wait till you see this up in your grill. it will be a whole different story. You may find yourself pulling out your wallet realizing you maxed that ____ out!:slap

:exactly: :goodpost:

Seems like some people just wanna rip on this statue just for the sake of moaning, but that isn't a surprise with this forum.

Well, I'm certain there are going to be inconsistencies with the paint job for the Mk VI maquette..SS hasent failed to disappoint collectors with all their IM releases so far and this does not seem like an exception.

:exactly: :goodpost:

Seems like some people just wanna rip on this statue just for the sake of moaning, but that isn't a surprise with this forum.

Always gonna have folks who don't like it. They've got all the right in the world just how you say it that gets lost from time 2 time.

That being said I'm excited to get mine coming when it ships. Like I haven't typed that in a lot the last few days. :lol

Always gonna have folks who don't like it. They've got all the right in the world just how you say it that gets lost from time 2 time.

That's true it just seems no matter what comes out there is nothing but moaning and _____ing about even the smallest things. :lol

Like you say they have the right to not like something and i wasn't aiming the comment to anyone in particular. :)

That being said I'm excited to get mine coming when it ships. Like I haven't typed that in a lot the last few days. :lol
I've not heard you say that once. ;) :lol

That's true it just seems no matter what comes out there is nothing but moaning and _____ing about even the smallest things. :lol

Like you say they have the right to not like something and i wasn't aiming the comment to anyone in particular. :)

Always gonna be that. Has been that way for the most part since the board started back in 03. Some folks just say things better than others. :lol Nah, its all good. Nobody should think you where speaking about them.

I've not heard you say that once. ;) :lol

Someone may have missed it on this page. :rotfl

Back