Iron Man 2: 1/6th scale Mark II (Armor Unleashed Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"This was your father's LightSaber. I took it from him after chopping off his legs and one arm(Some other geezer took the other arm three years previously). I left him there to die. But the Emperor put him back together and siphoned all the life from your mother to keep your father alive. Good times"

Seriously, though, i totally agree. The realism with Star Wars is in them never explaining everything. Not like Trek, where every other sentence is totally meaningless technobabble exposition. In SW, it all works, and no-one explains how. And no-one needs them to.
Less exposition breeds in more realism. Sadly, these days, with all the doofusses out there(Doofi??), who won't understand a damned thing unless you hand it to them giftwrapped on a plate, you have to cater for those idiots. Sad but true.

They had that in the prehensile parts of the MK42 as i recall. Like a pale blue LED glow inside all the parts.

'Luke, did I ever tell you about the time your father murdered everyone in the Jedi temple in a fit of pique - including about 50 small children? He was a good friend...'

I seem to remember, thinking back, that the Mk VI in Avengers had a blue glow around some of the pop-out weapons.

Just wanted ask, how did you make that fantastic holotable and which Stark figure/head is that?

'Luke, did I ever tell you about the time your father murdered everyone in the Jedi temple in a fit of pique - including about 50 small children? He was a good friend...'

"When i met your father, he was living as a slave right here on Tattooine. He once came back and slaughtered an entire camp of Tuskens, men, women, kids and their dogs, for killing your grandma. He was a really nice guy".

I seem to remember, thinking back, that the Mk VI in Avengers had a blue glow around some of the pop-out weapons.

Yeah. I think they have had it on a lot of the armours. Perhaps the reason why you'd see it/not see it in any particular scene might be whether that scene is set at night or in the day time?

Just wanted ask, how did you make that fantastic holotable and which Stark figure/head is that?

It's the MKIV head, on a TTM19 body with some generic clothing. The holotable was made from sheet styrene with a clear top. If i have the time this week at work, i can throw another one together to show you what is involved in making one.

IMG_1414.jpg
So cool :horror :woo

"When i met your father, he was living as a slave right here on Tattooine. He once came back and slaughtered an entire camp of Tuskens, men, women, kids and their dogs, for killing your grandma. He was a really nice guy".

Yeah. I think they have had it on a lot of the armours. Perhaps the reason why you'd see it/not see it in any particular scene might be whether that scene is set at night or in the day time?

It's the MKIV head, on a TTM19 body with some generic clothing. The holotable was made from sheet styrene with a clear top. If i have the time this week at work, i can throw another one together to show you what is involved in making one.

Couldn't be 100% sure looking at the pics on my phone. Mk IV is still my holy grail, I think. Best-looking red/gold suit ever and I love that headsculpt.

Wouldn't mind seeing how you made that at all, I used to do a lot of scale modelling with sheet styrene when I was a teenager.

Couldn't be 100% sure looking at the pics on my phone. Mk IV is still my holy grail, I think. Best-looking red/gold suit ever and I love that headsculpt.

I couldn't *give* that head away in my headsculpt sale and finally sold it for next to nothing on the facebook group.
But the MKVI is a great armour. Every one since has just harked back to it.

Wouldn't mind seeing how you made that at all, I used to do a lot of scale modelling with sheet styrene when I was a teenager.

I'll see if i get the time to put one together this week.

Finally got my hands on this figure and I'm loving it.

ODRhZkO.jpg

l7VfNFT.jpg

BxvYIJV.jpg

Tempted to display it rear side facing front. So much detail, all those working control surfaces that the Diecast Mk III almost certainly won't have :monkey3

fRIszgt.jpg

Still largely holds its own against the newer releases.

6V6No4I.jpg

nK44HpV.jpg

Next on the to-do list: obtain spare dynamic stand.

haha I was scrolling through those pics and I said, oh maybe move Robocop up to compare.............. and you did :D very cool :lol

Nice pics :clap

haha I was scrolling through those pics and I said, oh maybe move Robocop up to compare.............. and you did :D very cool :lol

Nice pics :clap

One thing I'm really enjoying about getting into Hot Toys is being able to directly compare two designs like that. Honestly, Robocop's timeless. Looks just as good today vs the latest Iron Man designs as he did in '87.

On the subject of Iron Man - Mk I 2.0, Diecast Mk III, Mk IV for definite and maybe Mk VI, VII, Heartbreaker and Starboost and I'm done. Interest in the later suits is definitely waning.

i'm tempted to grab this figure. hell i know i need this figure. just searching for the right price. :pray:

i'm tempted to grab this figure. hell i know i need this figure. just searching for the right price. :pray:

That's the trick. Took me a while, but I eventually got one MISB from a seller in Japan for a good price. Even had a flyer in the slipcase for Milk War Machine preorders at Toy Sapiens :lol

You should, and I should open mine :lol Damn Pics

w8DW1lS.jpg

You should, and I should open mine :lol Damn Pics

when i get mine, then you better open yours. :hi5:

That's the trick. Took me a while, but I eventually got one MISB from a seller in Japan for a good price. Even had a flyer in the slipcase for Milk War Machine preorders at Toy Sapiens :lol

cool. yeah. most are priced around $280-290 locally where i'm from (i'm from malaysia anyway)
and it might seems expensive just because our currency had drop quite steep this year.
but yeah i'm ok with the price, just looking for the right one. (had my eyes on a MISB too)

Back