International buyerwith a few ponderings...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ssantoss

Freakalicious
Reaction score
Well here I guess I´m considered an international buyer (and soon maybe seller too) residing in Sweden as I am, and saw something in another forum post that made me wonder; which ones are the oddball countries that you american buyers/sellers shy away from dealing with?
My own experiences have made me wary of sellers from Italy, although it must be said that I´ve had some good deals with italians too. Are there countries that you will be more careful in dealing with, and people in countries that you refuse to deal with straight off the bat?

A fellow Swede, welcome!

I think most american sellers are most comfortable shipping within the US. However I have also heard comments about Italys post service, so I would imagine most collectors stear clear of it.

If they are willing to ship to Europe most are willing to ship to Sweden, so good news for you! :)

I've shipped many packages to Australia, various parts of the U.K. and northern Europe, Singapore, Canada and Japan without issue. Haven't really sold anything going to other international locations. Packing aside, the most important thing is to get the shipping address correctly with all info, no matter how weird it may look. Make sure all your paperwork is straight (with whatever agreements you may have with the buyer) and as long as you're paid, ship it.

Well here I guess I´m considered an international buyer (and soon maybe seller too) residing in Sweden as I am, and saw something in another forum post that made me wonder; which ones are the oddball countries that you american buyers/sellers shy away from dealing with?
My own experiences have made me wary of sellers from Italy, although it must be said that I´ve had some good deals with italians too. Are there countries that you will be more careful in dealing with, and people in countries that you refuse to deal with straight off the bat?

I would be interested to know why you are wary of Italians? Do you find they are dishonest or ?

No, but I have piced up ore than a few stories from friends and aquaintances that have done business with "collectors" from Italy that have proven to be quite problematic. And to add to that, warnings about known scammers go out sometimes in the facebook BST groups that I'm in, and quite alot of them have been from Italy.

I have done one deal with an Italian collector and he was nice, but a bit problematic in that he wanted the payment to be as a "gift", a big nono in my book. Some conversations straightened that out, but I remain to be wary. Besides, I've heard from an Italian friend that their postal system isn't that reliable, would be glad if anyone could enlighten me why he thought that. (couldn't reeally get a clear answer from him about it)

Back