Interesting: HASBRO TV Network Coming

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IrishJedi

Super Freak
Reaction score
Or, basically Discovery Kids will soon become full of content based on Hasbro properties:

Hasbro and Discovery to Create TV Network Featuring Hasbro Brands

Hasbro has announced that they, along with Discovery Communications, will create a joint venture that will create a television network and website based on Hasbro brands. Among the brands named in the article includes G.I. Joe and Transformers. The network will operate as the current Discovery Kids until a new programing slate and an a new name debuts in late 2010. Programming will be geared toward children under 14.

Hasbro will also make a separate investment to establish a creative team that will allow Hasbro to create and produce the consumer-driven content children and families have come to expect from Hasbro’s unmatched brands. Creative work will start in the next few months beginning with early stage development for properties including ROMPER ROOM, TONKA, G.I. JOE, TRANSFORMERS and MY LITTLE PONY. The creative team will have the capability to produce animated, live-action, and game show programming as well as content designed for digital and mobile extensions.

https://corporate.discovery.com/discovery-news/hasbro-and-discovery-communications-announce-joint/

interesting. i usually don't like when companies get into businesses they are unfamiliar with. ie. GE should never have gotten into banking.

It might make or break Hasbro going forward, depending on how much stake hasbro has. I suppose it could be more like Hasbro is renting space on the network. IDK.

cant really air under 14 stuff at 9pm though. i'm sure they'll have adult oriented shows as well, like cartoon network.

Sounds like a giant toy commercial. But I wouldn't mind seeing a more of Resolute, taking place both beforeand after the feature they just aired.

Back