Indy!!! Indy!!! Indy!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
indy5.jpg

indy9.jpg

indy7.jpg

doesitmatter said:
You know with SS having both Star Wars and James Bond, this license is just a no brainer.

I agree, and I for one cannot wait for the announcement! In fact right about now seems perfect to me, as this is the 25th Anniversary of Raiders Of The Lost Ark this year...C'mon Sideshow, drop that announcement on us!!! PLEASE!!!!

Indy!!! Indy!!! Indy!!!

whip.gif
whip.gif
whip.gif
whip.gif
whip.gif
whip.gif
whip.gif
whip.gif
whip.gif
whip.gif

For anyone dying to get an Arnie Kim version 1/6 ROTLA Indiana Jones (like me!), there's some interesting info over at onesixthwarriors regarding an 'official Enterbay Co.' release...

"We are planning to produce the Indiana Jones scultpted by Arnie Kim, but we are still negociating the licensing issue with LUCASFILM.
We will announce to the public once everything is set."

Best Regards
ENTERBAY

AWESOME news indeed!!! WHEEEEEEEE!!! Now SS, c'mon and make that 12" and PF Indy announcement...:D

https://onesixthwarriors.com/forum/showthread.php?t=58787

I picked up a "Relic Hunter' off the Asian market and for what it is and the price it is excellent. I'll post some pics when I am not so spooked.

Here's some pics of 'The Relic Hunter' I picked up from ABC Express.
https://cgi.ebay.com.au/Indiana-Jon...hZ001QQcategoryZ27294QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem
They still have one left if you happen to be interested, for $60.

You can probably see better pics on their site, but I thought I'd share my thoughts on it. Comes in a no name box, and is as big as it needs to be to fit the figure. No ties, just slip it out and you're done. His hat is a waste of space, time and effort. It lacks any stiffness to hold a shape and looks ridiculous. Maybe I am used to Sideshow figures, but his head looks on the small side. The sculpt is nicely painted. The jacket is a lined leather, the zipper not in scale. Leather whip, holster, machete scabbard, sack strap, utility belt, and boots, with laces. His accessories do the job and are metal, as are his belt buckles.

For the money I reckon it is excellent value, and I was impressed. Comparing it to a Sovereign Studios or even Murderofcrows71's version, up above, you'll see it still lacks refinement. If your after an Indy, and you don't care to spend the time collecting parts, and pieces to make your own. This one's a good start in my book. As always, when do we get Sideshows version?

Last edited:
Cool creecher...I've been looking at getting the 'Relic Hunter' Indy style figure for a while now...mainly for the pants, shirt, belts and boots to add to my custom. Although I've always found the 'Relic Hunter' jacket a bit 'glossy' and slightly oversized (or maybe as you mention, it's just that small head that makes it appear that way!)...plus that HUGE zipper you mention is a bit of a sore thumb for me. Nothing a little customization couldn't fix!

Now I've also decided it's time for me to post some photos of my current custom Indy. Assembled on a Dragon body over a few years from items available online (and through some Evil-Bay auctions)...It's not a bad little Indy. It at least tides me over while I wait for the Arnie Kim version and (hopefully) the eventual Sideshow version...:tap

Last edited:
Nice work Mr Fett. I would say you are right on both counts, about The Relic Hunter. The jacket is probably a little big, combined with the smallish head, and the jacket is glossy. Your weathering looks ace. I would have to say his whip is oversized as well. For an off the shelf unit it's not bad, but does lack the refinement you have given yours. I reckon your boots look way better too. I have a spare BBi body I'll use, when I get round to it. His plastic bendy fingers work well enough, but they just don't look real, like Sideshows do.

The Arnie Kim Indy will be the final nail in the coffin for any collector, or customiser. Enterbays work with the GoD Bruce really is exceptional. I don't see them dropping the bundle on any of their projects.

You've done an outstanding job with the one you have, and I reckon you'll be displaying him right alongside Arnie's in the future. I would be. Stuff you've done yourself always holds a place. It's blokes like me that take the easy route.

Yeah A sideshow Indy line would be my dream come true, a good Indy fig was the whole reason I got into customizing figures anyway. Now I'm trying to decide whether to leave the Indy figure as is or go back to the original way I had it. Opinions please;
Before:
indyfigures.jpg

indyjones.jpg

indyanddad.jpg

After:
indy1.jpg

indy5.jpg

I still need to retouch up the stubble on the second version, as it went on to thick and looks more like kisses from Mr. Hankey.

creecher said:
Nice work Mr Fett. I would say you are right on both counts, about The Relic Hunter. The jacket is probably a little big, combined with the smallish head, and the jacket is glossy. Your weathering looks ace. I would have to say his whip is oversized as well. For an off the shelf unit it's not bad, but does lack the refinement you have given yours. I reckon your boots look way better too. I have a spare BBi body I'll use, when I get round to it. His plastic bendy fingers work well enough, but they just don't look real, like Sideshows do.

The Arnie Kim Indy will be the final nail in the coffin for any collector, or customiser. Enterbays work with the GoD Bruce really is exceptional. I don't see them dropping the bundle on any of their projects.

You've done an outstanding job with the one you have, and I reckon you'll be displaying him right alongside Arnie's in the future. I would be. Stuff you've done yourself always holds a place. It's blokes like me that take the easy route.

Thanks creecher! I'm really happy with the hat, weathered jacket, holster, belt, whip and shoulder bag I have for my Indy...as well as the Lonnie "Hero Heads" Harrison Ford Indy head-sculpt. I've just never been satisfied with the generic tan 'army' shirt or the pants/army belt I have on my Indy. I've been debating getting the 'Relic Hunter' figure just to touch-up my custom with better pants/shirt.

Of course, now that Arnie Kim's ENTERBAY ROTLA version is pending licence approval, and there's still a GREAT chance SS will make a 1/6 and 1/4 Indy, I may want to just save the cash and put it aside for those! :D

It's time to bump Indy back to page 1! Will this license be the big announcement on Christmas Day? I sure hope so...

Indy!!! Indy!!! Indy!!!

whip.gif
whip.gif
whip.gif
whip.gif
whip.gif
whip.gif
whip.gif
whip.gif
whip.gif
whip.gif

Honestly crow, I would keep Indy the way he was. he was rocking like that. With the lost ark as well, TOO amazing...did you make that ark?

I want INDIANA JONES....listening SS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!??????????? LOL...really, I think this line has some fans and could do well...

cheers,

Brad

Back