Indy and Star Wars head repaints, What do you guys think?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LordRagnar

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hello all, ive been doin some repaints for bmarz and he was kind enough to provide me with some pics(i dont have a good camera) So i was wandering if i could get some feedback to see whaqt you guys think, i normally build warhammer and 1?35 scale military figs so these are freakin huge by comparison

greggo did, then i was tasked with repainting it, it was damaged in transit. I must give greggo a bump, his style heavily influenced mine, i use the same paints, but not the same technique

And i would never claim a paint job that someone else did, especially if they are as well known as greggo, and once again he is an awsome painter, his tutorial is what helped me figure out how to paint in 1/6 scale, and Bmar's creative criticism also helped push these to look like they do,so i must thank him as well

-hoyt

ah luke and obi are second heads that bmarz got, so he has one by greggo, and one by me. If you look at greggos website and look at my heads closer, you will see the difference. No disrespect intended, we just have different styles.

Ok sorry for the misunderstanding, im sure you understand why i was concerned. Nice paint ups tho.

and thank you cheungkinsmin, thank you for your positive feedback, 1/6 scale is awsome to work in, i see your a sculpter, hmmm its because of you guys sculpting cool sh** all day that my money goes to paintn and brushes :p

No prob rogster, i do understand, and as bmarz lives in my town, ive gotten to handle greggos repaint a bit, a few of them were damaged in the flight to america so he had me touch up some, then he started liking my style(once he gave me a few helpful tips) and i started repainting some heads he had already had greggo do. And no worries mate, thank you actually, to be confused about my repaints and likening them to greggos, thats actually a mighty fine compliment :)

and please feel free to give me feedback, i dont have a huge ego, i can always try and be better, and i never stop learning. Everything everyone says helps me push harder and try to paint like the big dogs

what the heck? Luke and Obi too.

Actually, Greggo never painted my Obi Wan or the version of Luke shown above (from the stormtrooper two-pack). He painted up my original ANH Luke & Han as well as Vogel from Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade. I had Hoyt remove the neck from those three head sculpts so naturally they had to be repainted. Also, as Hoyt mentioned some were damaged in transit.

Hoyt's become an awesome 1:6 painter! He's enriched my collection considerably! Not only does he paint well, but he's a great sculptor! He did my Cairo Indy PF (shown in the Indiana Jones section).

Regards,

bmarz1000

Hey thanks bmarz, im actually really jealouse of your collection, even without custom paintwork you have an awsome indy and star wars collection. Thanks again for pushing me to do this or that different, you really made me step outside my comfort zone and it payed off! I cant thank you enough for reigniting my addiction to dollies. Right, now off to work on some of your stuff.

Actually, Greggo never painted my Obi Wan or the version of Luke shown above (from the stormtrooper two-pack). He painted up my original ANH Luke & Han as well as Vogel from Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade. I had Hoyt remove the neck from those three head sculpts so naturally they had to be repainted. Also, as Hoyt mentioned some were damaged in transit.

Hoyt's become an awesome 1:6 painter! He's enriched my collection considerably! Not only does he paint well, but he's a great sculptor! He did my Cairo Indy PF (shown in the Indiana Jones section).

Regards,

bmarz1000

Well i feel like a dumbass, again, sorry about the misunderstanding. Everything looks great.

nah rogster dude, no worries, your fine, you gave me such a big compliment without evan trying to or knowing it so i know it was sincere, and your just looking out for your fellow sideshow freaks which makes me feel better about being on the forum. You guys seem to watch each others backs and its a positive thing. Plus its not a bad thing to ignite some controversy on the forums :lol So really man, dont feel bad, and i would love any creative critism you have about em, can i do anything better to em?

Honestly, i dont have too much criticism, although, the the 1/6 raiders indy lacks something the others have the lip color looks unnatural and the eyebrows are a little blocky. And lastly the fedoras are all the same color which is fine, but for accuracy, the shade of brown should differ. The skin tones look great. im watching you man, great stuff!

Nice , thanks man, yeah everyone seemed to be fussy about this certain shade of sable that the fedora is. So i guess i got hooked on this one color that i thought nailed it. And ahhh i see what you mean about the lips, I tend to paint to dramatically, it stems from painting wayyyyy smaller figures, so i always have to try and restrain myself, thanks for the comments. I hope to be good enough to start taking commisions after i get done with everything im doin for bmarz.

Back