Indy and Star Wars head repaints, What do you guys think?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sure thing man. I am working on my sculpting also, theres a pic of a modded cairo indy pf in the indy forums that i did. Just a bit of arm and hand work, and im currently making a 1/4 scale pistol for an indy that i am really trying to make the chamber pop out and have removable rounds, but ehhh ill see how it goes. Im really new to the forums and how all this works, but i see alot of people have little companies and things devoted to painting and modifying figures for people. Something i would love to do one day :yess:

Hey thank you very much jeronimo, heres some pics of the most recent head ive done, just a classic indy

Nice LR. I see you mixed up the hat color Cool. What color are his eyes? They look brown but they should be hazel. I like it. I like it a lot.

Thanks Rogster, yeah after some advice from bmarze and a couple people on the thread i went for more of an "as it apears on screen" look as opposed to what the prop looks like. And they are a shade of hazel, but the pics make them look darker than they are, his eyes are really hard to nail:slap spent many a night repainting dr jones eyes

First of all I must say LordRagnar your paint work is beautiful I love it! At first I looked at the German head and thought this looks spot on from mine that I did. But I remember bmarz saying they were damaged. All I can say you have done a fantastic job in your repair its spot on!
I would love someone like yourself to be sitting next to me and completing all my work load together because as I think your work is stunning and I know the more you do the better they are going look. Keep up the work buddy all the best Greggo

wow greggo, i dont know what to say, thats such a high compliment coming from you, im just floored. And yes thats a full repaint of the vogal, i use games workshop paints and your tutoriaL IS OUTSTANDING:clap. Thank you sooo much man. Your style is very smooth and crisp. I have been painting gw figs and 1/35 military for a while so it took a little adjusting to 1/6 scale but the results are most pleasing. Once again thank you soo much, i could only wish to be as well known and have my hands full like you do:pray: You made my night man, :thud:, will be posting some more heads i just finished, and i painted a neck and body for the han head you did for brady(outstanding paint job btw)

-hoyt

heres some more of my work

Please note that the luke is a repaint of a damaged greggo head, there must have been a temp change that was drastic in transit bc it had whatever it was packed in imprinted into the paint. First i tried a light sand and blend, but nothing would get the imprints out so it called for a full repaint. I always feel a little guilty though when i strip and paint over somone elses hard work. So to greggo, i am sorry:(, but it did come out very nice, so i hope you enjoyed painting that head as much as i did

oops looks like i already posted all those except for luke, dam the paint fumes must be getting to me:rotfl

thank you very much titan:wave, ive still got so much to learn. I really hope one day i can be a well known customiser, so thank you for the praise, it means the world to me. And dont be afraid to provide sugestions and criticism. Heres a base ive done for a friend on the forum. The figure is untuoched by me, but i believe he put so excellent mfisher gear on him, but i could be mistaken. Anywhoo i just made the base, well painted and jungelified it hah

thank you very much titan:wave, ive still got so much to learn. I really hope one day i can be a well known customiser, so thank you for the praise, it means the world to me. And dont be afraid to provide sugestions and criticism. Heres a base ive done for a friend on the forum. The figure is untuoched by me, but i believe he put so excellent mfisher gear on him, but i could be mistaken. Anywhoo i just made the base, well painted and jungelified it hah

You should really rotate your photos before posting them.

That's my only criticism... Your stuff looks great!

First of all I must say LordRagnar your paint work is beautiful I love it! At first I looked at the German head and thought this looks spot on from mine that I did. But I remember bmarz saying they were damaged. All I can say you have done a fantastic job in your repair its spot on!
I would love someone like yourself to be sitting next to me and completing all my work load together because as I think your work is stunning and I know the more you do the better they are going look. Keep up the work buddy all the best Greggo

HIGH praise Hoyt! If you and Greggo set up shop you could start the world's first international 1/6 Dolly Repainting conglomerate. Look out world!

;)

Thanks brady!! yeah that would be pretty cool, and as for rotation of photos, as bmarz knows, but others may not, i am a simple caveman masquaerading as a modern human, its amazing that i can evan work this computation device and get it to display my dollies:monkey1

Back