Indiana Jones painted face sculpt...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hot Toys uses the same neck for all, so I would think SS might as well.

I hope thats not the case, Sidious' wrinkled noggin sitting on a clean neck would not be cool. I think that some exceptions would have to be made. Just because its HT inspired doesn't mean it should have the same short comings.

And please, paint the necks!

LOL. It does. I think it's from a Dragon figure and is actually supposed to resemble Ford as Indy.

not true.

the leather jacket from blue box's korean fighter pilot looks a million times better than the sideshow version.

you know, the best Indy jacket i've ever seen was made by Shawn from Sovereign Studios. he makes this custom job that isn't even made of pl/leather. it's like a waxed cloth or something but damn it looks and feels perfect. he used to make them as part of an Indy "kit" along w/ other parts like soft hats, and sweet braided whips. he's here at this board too. time to get another Freaks group buy on?

you know, the best Indy jacket i've ever seen was made by Shawn from Sovereign Studios. he makes this custom job that isn't even made of pl/leather. it's like a waxed cloth or something but damn it looks and feels perfect. he used to make them as part of an Indy "kit" along w/ other parts like soft hats, and sweet braided whips. he's here at this board too. time to get another Freaks group buy on?

Are there any pics of it anywhere?

You'd make his day!
I talked to him earlier about this very thing. I put in my request first, so I got dibs! :D But yeah, Shawn makes one hell of a nice Indy coat. Right fit and length too. Just like you said, looks and feels perfect and in scale.
I bet he'd consider a coat run, but I think they take a lot of time each.
Be tough to make one for each guy that wants one I bet.

Here ya go. I hope Shawn doesn't mind me using old pics, as they may be outdated.

6p2a76.jpg

i can't find any :monkey2. looks like a completed eBay listing for one JUST expired so no pics there. coulda swore i had some pics but my drive crashed a few months ago and can't find them. sorry.

and Les, great minds and all lol! yeah his coat is TOTALLY in scale. hangs just like it should. most pleather ones i see look somewhere between "a tad bulky" to "it's a parka!". :lol

edit: yeah those^^^

I agree, the Sovereign Studios jacket is a very nice one, I'm using it on one of my Indy customs.It fits on the body more realistically than the leather ones, but then...there's nothing like a good OLD weathered leather jacket. There are GREAT characteristics about both jackets that are unique onto themselves, that's why I had to get both versions.

Here's a photo of my Sovereign Studios jacket.

Last edited:
I agree, the Sovereign Studios jacket is a very nice one, I'm using it on one of my Indy customs.It fits on the body more realistically than the leather ones, but then...there's nothing like a good OLD weathered leather jacket. There are GREAT characteristics about both jackets that are unique onto themselves, that's why I had to get both versions.

Here's a photo of my Sovereign Studios jacket.

That looks nice. Good looking custom too.

"Shiny plastic-looking leather.... Why did it have to be shiny plastic-looking leather....."

6p2a76.jpg

The headsculpt - fantastic. The fedora - exactly right. But the jacket....

The idea of a real leather jacket on a 1/6 scale figure sounds really cool, but that waxed cotton looks about a million-billion times more realistic in terms of texture and scale. If this guy is taking names for customs, I'd pay at least $100 for just the jacket and consider it a bargin compared to what I paid for my Toys McCoy Indy (another real leather jacket (woo hoo) that looks like a big winter parka.) And no matter how hard you try to weather those leather jackets, in a thousand years you'll never get the folds and wrinkles to look anywhere near that good.....

The SS jacket is fine overall a bit too new looking but I'm not gonna pay $100 for a jacket. I'll take this Indy and be very very happy about how kick ass it looks.

Back