Indiana Jones painted face sculpt...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We chopped the neck too, so that comes into play. the neck tapered too much before because of the Buck body attachment, but it did address the look of how the muscles run up to Ford's head (the sternomastoid muscles) the sacrifice will be worth it for a more poseable head.

Trev

So, is that confirmation it's on a double jointed Hot Toys style neck?

Looks pretty nice so far, I like the attention to detail on the outfit. Seems like SSC went a little above and beyond on the tailoring. glad to see Indy has his gloves which is definitely a Raiders trademark. Now only if he came with both of his guns that would be over the top! Also I wonder how he would look with his fedora slightly lowered? Also hair looks a tad red, but that's the SW fan in me coming out. But over all I am pumped!

Afbeelding10-1.png

Interesting... Trev, can you reveal if the neck is an individually sculpted piece, or if its standard for all figures?

Losing the specifically sculpted neck, especially on figures like Sidious would be unfortunate.

I have to say I'm rather disappointed. It may be the same sculpt but even with the nice paint apps, it doesn't hit home. It held so much hope for me, this Trev sculpt, but painted it doesn't hold up to the promise. This would most likely be an in house paint job, so expect less from the production. As always, in hand will tell the tale.

Made it a whole 6 pages before someone complained ... based upon a blown up pic from a magazine cover. That's got to be a new record ... :rolleyes:

It looks good overall, but the jacket does not impress me. I don't want leather, but it should look like old, weathered leather, and this looks like vinyl. And of course the figure overall could use weathering as well. Glad they got the hat right.

Have faith bro! Just keep Old Ben in mind.:D

good point! old ben was a kick in the nuts for me as a regular SS doubter. that was a very nice shock. the paint had some real character too. palpatine too IMHO has an excellent paint job. maybe SS will really raise the bar with indy to recent hot toys standards of sculpt and paint. that would make my year!

SS been doing a really good job for a while its just nice to see some of the haters finally coming around. :)

They need to get the paint right on this guy. No Aragorn or Faramir, please.

Which figure is that on the left?
I really like the jacket on that one from what little I see in the pic. As much as I hate to admit it the SS jacket does look a bit shiny and cheap. That's the only thing I see keeping this figure from being a 10.

Which figure is that on the left?
I really like the jacket on that one from what little I see in the pic. As much as I hate to admit it the SS jacket does look a bit shiny and cheap. That's the only thing I see keeping this figure from being a 10.

That is an Arnie Kim custom figure on the left........

Trust me the only option you have is to either weather the SSC jacket or have one custom made. The first will be much cheaper in the long run really.

Interesting... Trev, can you reveal if the neck is an individually sculpted piece, or if its standard for all figures?

Losing the specifically sculpted neck, especially on figures like Sidious would be unfortunate.

Hot Toys uses the same neck for all, so I would think SS might as well.

Made it a whole 6 pages before someone complained ... based upon a blown up pic from a magazine cover. That's got to be a new record ... :rolleyes:

One pic and one angle. I says we wait for more angle shots for the likeness to show through as it did for ANH Han.

Trust me the only option you have is to either weather the SSC jacket or have one custom made. The first will be much cheaper in the long run really.

not true.

the leather jacket from blue box's korean fighter pilot looks a million times better than the sideshow version.

Yup, there are better and more real looking mass produced jackets out there.

IMG_0255.jpg

This one is probably custom, but still. I think they could have gone with something nicer.

Last edited:
Back