Incredible deal on HD DVD player! $211 with 8 movies shipped!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
$204 here. Used Letters, 300, and Happy Feet

And thanks for the heads up Gru :D

Two questions, is there a thread dedicated to talking JUST about HD movies and the features they have?

and two, the Serenity two disk they just put out isnt out in HD is it?

There is an HD-DVD/Blu-Ray thread somewhere here. And no, the two-disc edition of Serenity is not available for HD-DVD yet. But that's not a big deal since the extra features would still be in standard definition on an HD-DVD anyway. But, I'm sure that if this new release does well then they'll release it in HD-DVD

Yea I know of the HD/Blu Ray thread but it seems more mud throwing than actual discussion on the titles available.

Yea I know of the HD/Blu Ray thread but it seems more mud throwing than actual discussion on the titles available.

Exactly, constructive discussion usually gets lost in there somewhere

And I noticed the PS3 deal as well last night. Definitely another awesome deal. And the 5 free BR mailin has a better selection of titles as well.

Needless to say, my HD/BR library is getting a lot bigger :google

I've been loading up on discs too.

But 2 get 1 free! (both HD DVD and BD)

Average price of $11-$13 each.

Not bad at all.

Awesome deal but...

...no Lord of the Rings
...no Star Wars
...no Indiana Jones
...no Spider-Man trilogy
...no Pirates of the Carribean trilogy
...no Harry Potter
...no Narnia
...no Pixar movies

= no reason to invest in HD-DVD just yet. :D

Awesome deal but...

...no Lord of the Rings
...no Star Wars
...no Indiana Jones
...no Spider-Man trilogy
...no Harry Potter
...no Narnia
...no Pixar movies

...no Indiana Jones ...yet FWIW Amazon has the Indy Trilogy listed for HD-DVD.

Awesome deal but...

...no Lord of the Rings
...no Star Wars
...no Indiana Jones
...no Spider-Man trilogy
...no Harry Potter
...no Narnia
...no Pixar movies

The first 5 Harry Potter movies should be on HD DVD by years end. Of course that still leaves out a ton from your list. :monkey2

The deal is good for the Xbox 360 HD-DVD drive too. (Kinda makes me sad, but I got mine for $150 along with the 5 dvd's deal so it's probably equal)

But yeah, Harry Potter is coming out at the end of the year for both Blu-Ray and HD-DVD. LOTR and Star Wars isn't an issue yet since both won't be out on any format until there's a winner.

Is the PS3 worth getting? Is it a good Blu-Ray player? Is it loud? I know they there aren't any great games out yet but soon there might be.

Back