Smoking Xbox 360 HD DVD deal at Best Buy!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gruson

GET OVER HERE!
Reaction score
Xbox 360 HD-DVD Player + Heroes + 8 or more HD-DVD's Best Buy $179.99 [update 10/25]

Best Buy is having an incredible deal on the 360 HD DVD drive.

You get Heroes on HD DVD for free and you can also choose 2 other movies.

Here is the best part, box sets are ringing up for free!

As of today, box sets can also be chosen for the two free. Here's a few options:

Planet Earth - The Complete Collection (2007, HD DVD)
The Sopranos - Season 6: Part 1 (2006, HD DVD)
The Sopranos - Season 6: Part 2 (2007, HD DVD)
Smallville - The Complete Fifth Season (2006, HD DVD)
Smallville - The Complete Sixth Season (2007, HD DVD)
The Ultimate Matrix Collection (2007, HD DVD)
Complete Matrix Trilogy (2007, HD DVD)
Mission - Impossible - Ultimate Missions Collection (2007, HD DVD)
Nip/Tuck - The Complete Fourth Season (2007, HD DVD)

For example, I got:

Xbox 360 HD DVD drive
Heroes HD set
Sopranos HD season 1
Matrix Trilogy HD
King Kong HD (Included with 360)
5 Mail in HD movies

All for $179.99!

The total actually rings up around $500 before they hit the final price button. LOL

The box sets are errors of course so go now if you want this deal!!!

I have done it twice already and would have done it more but they ran out of Heroes HD DVD.

Xbox 360 HD-DVD Player + Heroes + 8 or more HD-DVD's Best Buy $179.99 [update 10/25]

Best Buy is having an incredible deal on the 360 HD DVD drive.

You get Heroes on HD DVD for free and you can also choose 2 other movies.

Here is the best part, box sets are ringing up for free!

As of today, box sets can also be chosen for the two free. Here's a few options:

Planet Earth - The Complete Collection (2007, HD DVD)
The Sopranos - Season 6: Part 1 (2006, HD DVD)
The Sopranos - Season 6: Part 2 (2007, HD DVD)
Smallville - The Complete Fifth Season (2006, HD DVD)
Smallville - The Complete Sixth Season (2007, HD DVD)
The Ultimate Matrix Collection (2007, HD DVD)
Complete Matrix Trilogy (2007, HD DVD)
Mission - Impossible - Ultimate Missions Collection (2007, HD DVD)
Nip/Tuck - The Complete Fourth Season (2007, HD DVD)

For example, I got:

Xbox 360 HD DVD drive
Heroes HD set
Sopranos HD season 1
Matrix Trilogy HD
King Kong HD (Included with 360)
5 Mail in HD movies

All for $179.99!

The total actually rings up around $500 before they hit the final price button. LOL

The box sets are errors of course so go now if you want this deal!!!

I have done it twice already and would have done it more but they ran out of Heroes HD DVD.

Damnit, I knew I'd get screwed geting one when they first dropped the price!

what is best buy's return policy?? you could buy the drive and return it the next day. if they only give store credit that might suck unless there's something else you might need anyways.

Damm I should have tried to get box sets when I got two free HD-DVDs with my new laptop.

what is best buy's return policy?? you could buy the drive and return it the next day. if they only give store credit that might suck unless there's something else you might need anyways.

Nice in theory. However, Best Buy is good about linking free items to the bought item (and they specifically state on their receipts that returns with free promotional materials must be returned with said free items or the cost of them will be deducted from your refund). So, I am pretty sure it won't work.

However, on a lighter note, this is not true of Circuit City. Bought Tony Hawk Proving Ground last week - 59.99 with a free copy of Tony Hawk 8. Bought it on release day. They rang it up as 30 bucks a piece. So, I returned the old game yesterday and received 32.97 back on my card - i.e. a 360 new release for 30.00. If only they would run a deal like that for COD 4 LOL.

That's true. If you go to Circuit City to buy a new computer and get a discount on the computer because of some kind of extended warranty plan then you can go back later and return the warranty plan but still have the discount on the computer.

Geez...I was only over there about 4-5 weeks ago..If it was on then, I would have gotten one for sure! I wish they would come up with deals like that for people in Australia..maybe, sometime down the track they will...But, that is a great deal! The drives themselves sell for about $200AUD here, which at the current conversion rate, is about $185USD..with NO BONUS MOVIES :monkey2 (except King Kong, which comes bundled..)

I went and did this deal!

Xbox Player- Which I will sell
Heroes HD :rock
Ultimate MAtrix set :rock
Mission Impossible Box set :rock
5 more mail in movies.

Thanks for posting this Gruson. :D

I went and did this deal!

Xbox Player- Which I will sell
Heroes HD :rock
Ultimate MAtrix set :rock
Mission Impossible Box set :rock
5 more mail in movies.

Thanks for posting this Gruson. :D

Congrats man, it's an incredible deal.

Include me on the list now! Thanks for the heads up Gruson. My wallet hates you! :lol I think they fixed the box set deal though. Mine were only discounted by $30. So I got 2 regular movies. Still can't beat it though. I got Heroes, Serenity, Lucky Number Slevin. Then I get 5 more through the mail. I couldn't pass it up. :cool:

yeah they definitely changed the boxed sets. i went up there and asked about it and the guy in the DVD aisle said no it doesn't work. but he did mention something about a discount that applies for it.

Crap, I'm guessing this deal was only good through Saturday and is no longer available?

Back