InArt: The Lord of the Rings - Gandalf 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Both my orders were the 'later batch' option, so I still think it will be a while before I get mine, if at all. I take it you got the first batch Gandalf?
I also ordered late/second batch on all of my orders with them, but as far as I know with InArt they don't really do first/second batches, it was just something TWL decided to do, I could be wrong though.

Opened up my Gandalf today, coincidentally it’s my birthday, so good for me I guess. Much has been said about the good of this figure, so I’ll start with the bad. I’ll share more photos and videos and go in depth at a later time, right now I’ll just share what bugged me out of the box.

The base is just crap. It’s extremely lightweight, it doesn’t have any rubber feet to keep it in place, and what’s unacceptable is that mine isn’t flush. It’s convex, making it completely unstable (see attached videos). Plus the positioning of the magnets is just too limiting. I’ll take a crotch grabber over this crap any day.

The way they stored the bag and the cape isn’t very thoughtful. The strap and the whole cape have super deep creases, making water treatment a necessity.

The body is very thin and the clothes are sturdy, again making water treatment the only way to futz the clothes, which also lack any kind of wiring. That’s disappointing.

The middle blue strap to hold the scabbard came undone as I was delicately inserting it, and I don’t know how I’m going to fix that. The whole blue belt is too flimsy and I might add, toyish and a little cheap in appearance, probably due to lack of wheathering.

BCEC94BC-C0E0-4688-AAD1-481AF05DBC3F.jpeg

Hand pegs magnets are also pointless. You still have to forcibly slot them in place. So what’s exactly the point of having magnets?

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.MOV
    42.4 MB
  • FullSizeRender.MOV
    19.6 MB
I'm in the same boat, have about 20 pre-orders with them including InArt Batman and Aragorn, I managed to order an Aragorn through Kit when I saw the TWL issues but missed the Batman.
I just hope they are turning a corner and will fulfill everyone's orders.
Same here. I ordered Gandalf, Aragorn and the rooted hair The Batman from Wonderland before all the bad press.

Was yours the 1st batch or the later batch for Gandalf? Mine was the later batch and still waiting 😞

I feel like Gandalf is moving along slower than Joker. Maybe cause of all that extra hair! :lol Though I don't remember exactly how long things took on Joker from first batch to second and third.
Joker took about 5 months for Kit to get all batches (Jan-May). So far for Gandalf it's been 4 months (September-Dec).

Joker took about 5 months for Kit to get all batches (Jan-May). So far for Gandalf it's been 4 months (September-Dec).
Interesting, especially since Joker was supposed to be a bigger run. But maybe they're working on Aragorn as well at the same time. My Gandalf is in the 12000 order range so I'll be waiting quite a while it seems.

Interesting, especially since Joker was supposed to be a bigger run. But maybe they're working on Aragorn as well at the same time. My Gandalf is in the 12000 order range so I'll be waiting quite a while it seems.
I think once it gets into the 9000 range it will go much quicker because a lot of those orders in between are other figure orders. Mine is in the 89000's and I order when they reopened the second time I believe in October of 2022.

So it’s now officially two weeks since KGH marked my Gandalf “Shipped” and three weeks since I paid my invoice, and the tracking status is STILL “Label created, Shipper awaiting parcel”. I know this is a very busy shipping season, but this is ridiculous.
😡🤬

So it’s now officially two weeks since KGH marked my Gandalf “Shipped” and three weeks since I paid my invoice, and the tracking status is STILL “Label created, Shipper awaiting parcel”. I know this is a very busy shipping season, but this is ridiculous.
😡🤬
Is there a tracking code provided? I received a tracking code weeks ago but on the Hong Kong Post website it kept saying parcel not found but when I tried it on a third party tracking site, the parcel is out for delivery today!

Is there a tracking code provided? I received a tracking code weeks ago but on the Hong Kong Post website it kept saying parcel not found but when I tried it on a third party tracking site, the parcel is out for delivery today!
Wow! Congratulations!

Yeah KGH's internal tracking system continues to say "Not Found", it's the third-party Universal Tracking site that say's "Shipping Information Received", but no movement 😭

Wow! Congratulations!

Yeah KGH's internal tracking system continues to say "Not Found", it's the third-party Universal Tracking site that say's "Shipping Information Received", but no movement 😭
That kind of stuff makes me nervous. Of all the figures, this is not one you want something weird happening. Crossing my fingers for you that you get some movement any time now.

Same here. I ordered Gandalf, Aragorn and the rooted hair The Batman from Wonderland before all the bad press.

Was yours the 1st batch or the later batch for Gandalf? Mine was the later batch and still waiting 😞
Mine was also the second batch, I ordered all of my figures from them as second batches so not sure how or why I got it so fast.

Wow! Congratulations!

If you picked the cheapest shipping option, that’s just how it’s going to be in my experience with KGH shipping to the US. I had placed an order on Black Friday last year and didn’t get it until sometime in January. Tracking never updated. It just randomly showed up on my door step with a whole wallpaper sheet of stamps covering the entirety on the back of the shipping box

Opened up my Gandalf today, coincidentally it’s my birthday, so good for me I guess. Much has been said about the good of this figure, so I’ll start with the bad. I’ll share more photos and videos and go in depth at a later time, right now I’ll just share what bugged me out of the box.

The base is just crap. It’s extremely lightweight, it doesn’t have any rubber feet to keep it in place, and what’s unacceptable is that mine isn’t flush. It’s convex, making it completely unstable (see attached videos). Plus the positioning of the magnets is just too limiting. I’ll take a crotch grabber over this crap any day.

The way they stored the bag and the cape isn’t very thoughtful. The strap and the whole cape have super deep creases, making water treatment a necessity.

The body is very thin and the clothes are sturdy, again making water treatment the only way to futz the clothes, which also lack any kind of wiring. That’s disappointing.

The middle blue strap to hold the scabbard came undone as I was delicately inserting it, and I don’t know how I’m going to fix that. The whole blue belt is too flimsy and I might add, toyish and a little cheap in appearance, probably due to lack of wheathering.

View attachment 678952

Hand pegs magnets are also pointless. You still have to forcibly slot them in place. So what’s exactly the point of having magnets?
My base seems stable, but the glue holding the black "labelling" on the bottom is coming away and I can see inside the base.
Luckily for me I never planned on using the base, so I will just glue it back together at some point.
View attachment 20231222_080440.jpg

Managed to get a bit of time to get him posed up, but not spent any time fine tuning the hair, beard and very little time on getting the cloak/clothing to sit right.
One nit-pick as previously mentioned is the belt loops for the sword sheath, they are very very tight and quite hard to push the sheath through. Just take your time and be patient. But once it is in place it is held there and suspended with no issues, so it is a bit of a double edge sword ;)

I think even without the fine tuning this is the best 1/6th scale figure I've ever owned, so many posing choices and the head sculpt looks like a shrunken Ian McKellen.

I'll have a bit more time over the holidays and if I get him looking any better then I'll post some updated pics, hope you all get him soon and enjoy your holidays!

View attachment 20231222_084114.jpg
View attachment 20231222_084108.jpg
View attachment 20231222_084119.jpg
View attachment 20231222_084132.jpg
View attachment 20231222_084154.jpg
View attachment 20231222_084124.jpg
View attachment 20231222_084316.jpg

Back