InArt: The Lord of the Rings - Gandalf 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can you tell from your invoice or the KGH site what the price for the figure itself alone? I’m trying to decide if they gave me credit for the deposit I put down when I placed the order.
Sure. Here it is:
Pre-order invoice: 700 HKD
Figure Invoice: 2800 HKD
Shipping to EU: 830 HKD

I originally had chosen the Registered Option, but surprisingly now they only "can" offer the more expensive option, as it is over 3,5 Kg and bulky... They know that none will cancel on this figure, so they cheat on us. This wouldn´t probably happen if the figure would be a disaster (and I can´t imagine what they will make in the Inart Aragorn case).
I have been a loyal KG customer for years, but my relation with them is starting to come to an end. I will stick with Kit now: a bit more expensive (is it actually?) but trustworthy.

P.S By the way: I also contact them related to my Hot Toys 1/6 R2-D2 Mint defected Light-up feature, but no answer so far....

Will be interesting to see how well packaged it is at that cost. Not sure what mine cost, I’m expecting mine to arrive next week

I tell you, as it is not the first time they do this: no changes in the packaging.

Last edited:
Sure. Here it is:
Pre-order invoice: 700 HKD
Figure Invoice: 2800 HKD
Shipping to EU: 830 HKD

I originally had chosen the Registered Option, but surprisingly now they only "can" offer the more expensive option, as it is over 3,5 Kg and bulky... They know that none will cancel on this figure, so they cheat on us. This wouldn´t probably happen if the figure would be a disaster (and I can´t imagine what they will make in the Inart Aragorn case).
I have been a loyal KG customer for years, but my relation with them is starting to come to an end. I will stick with Kit now: a bit more expensive (is it actually?) but trustworthy.

P.S By the way: I also contact them related to my Hot Toys 1/6 R2-D2 Mint defected Light-up feature, but no answer so far....

OK, let's see if I have this right.

So, if you buy the figure outright from KG the price before shipping is $700 HKD + $2800 HKD = $3500 HKD (roughly $448.03 USD)

Does that seem like a competitive price compared to what other vendors are/were charging? Seems like it is, but wanted to see what others have seen out there.

For the record, my KGH invoice was:

Figure: $2800 HKD
Shipping to USA: $ 500 HKD
Total: $3300 HKD

So, if the total for figure itself is $3500 HKD ($448.03 USD) then I guess they billed me correctly.

Last edited:
OK, let's see if I have this right.

So, if you buy the figure outright from KG the price before shipping is $700 HKD + $2800 HKD = $3600 HKD (roughly $460.70 USD)

Does that seem like a competitive price compared to what other vendors are/were charging? Seems like it is, but wanted to see what others have seen out there.

For the record, my KGH invoice was:

Figure: $2800 HKD
Shipping to USA: $ 500 HKD
Total: $3300 HKD

So, if the total for figure itself is $3600 HKD ($460.70 USD) then I guess they billed me correctly.
Hi again, QuiGon! Did you paid some preorder invoice, or you paid everything in advance? If so, I think they make some in-front discount, right?

Hi again, QuiGon! Did you paid some preorder invoice, or you paid everything in advance? If so, I think they make some in-front discount, right?

Hey Mitra!

No I paid the $700 HKD deposit like you did, so there were no discounts for me. I just had it in my mind for some reason that to total price for the figure was in the range of $365 or so, so I was surprised that the final invoice was as high as it was. I was thinking that perhaps they didn't credit me for the $700 HKD I had already laid down. But now I see that the figure itself was a bit more expensive than I was originally thinking.

But with all of the in hand photos we're seeing now, I REGRET NOTHING!

This is just one of those truly special work of art figures that you just have to open up the bank account for every once in a while. Can't wait to see him in person. And when I pair him up with InArt Aragorn, I may have to put in a new wing on the house to serve as a proper museum for these two!

Hey Mitra!

No I paid the $700 HKD deposit like you did, so there were no discounts for me. I just had it in my mind for some reason that to total price for the figure was in the range of $365 or so, so I was surprised that the final invoice was as high as it was. I was thinking that perhaps they didn't credit me for the $700 HKD I had already laid down. But now I see that the figure itself was a bit more expensive than I was originally thinking.

But with all of the in hand photos we're seeing now, I REGRET NOTHING!

This is just one of those truly special work of art figures that you just have to open up the bank account for every once in a while. Can't wait to see him in person. And when I pair him up with InArt Aragorn, I may have to put in a new wing on the house to serve as a proper museum for these two!
Thanks, QuiGon. I agree with you that this figure is an instant grail, more even that their rooted Joker.
However, I don´t think that sellers should be profiting from that, but they should stick to their words instead if they don´t want to lose credibility.

Thanks, QuiGon. I agree with you that this figure is an instant grail, more even that their rooted Joker.
However, I don´t think that sellers should be profiting from that, but they should stick to their words instead if they don´t want to lose credibility.

Right, that’s what I was getting at. I don’t think there’s any doubt that they’re gouging us on the cost of shipping. Even though I paid a good amount less than you for this, nearly $65 USD to ship a single figure seems excessive (not to mention the $106 USD were asked to pay!), but do we think they are gouging us on the price of the figure itself as well?

If you paid 700+2800+830 thats 4330 HKD alltogether thats 563 USD, Kit offers the whole with shipping included for 515 USD.
If you paid 700+2800+500 HKD Thats 4000 which is 520 USD.

By the way 2800+700 is 3500 not 3600.

Kit offers it cheaper in any case and most importantly he gets batches much sooner than KGH does.

Latest update from osk

IMG_0873.jpeg

I always pay KGhobby in full, especially because I like the 3% discount (and I like to see my bank account as is and not bank account minus some thousand dollars in preorders coming up someday somewehere. Yeah it is a psychological thing for me)

Oh well, with order number 113022 doesn’t look like I’ll be getting mine by Christmas.
Mine is 112xxx. I've made peace with not getting him this year, my new hope is before Chinese new year's.
My next PO after him isn't due until Q4 2024 (earliest), so it's also not the worst thing to space out my releases a bit I guess.

Great news about Batch 2 shipping soon! Congrats to those!

I'm 96xxx so looks like mine won't make this year either. Oh well, just means 2024 will be starting off good then.

Great news about Batch 2 shipping soon! Congrats to those!

I'm 96xxx so looks like mine won't make this year either. Oh well, just means 2024 will be starting off good then.
Isnt this like the 3rd Batch from Kit? he had one at the start of October then other one at the end of October if I recall it correctly.

Back