InArt: The Lord of the Rings - Gandalf 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not being much of an AV guy, it's a little overwhelming. Gotta do the research, though. Will need a whole new sound system, too....

I'm not much much of an audiophile myself, but what I've found really blows me away is Atmos. If you can get something set up with Atmos is imo the most impressive audio wise.

As for TVs. You can't really go wrong with anything Samsung, Sony or LG. OLEDs and QLEDs are both impressive. But if you can get a very nice LED 4K HDR TVs for much cheaper now.

4K. And HDR are your biggest wants. HDR that can handle Dolby Vision and/or HDR10 etc. And if you can find one with local dimming is preferable. I'm actually hoping to pick up a new TV either this year or next Black Friday one with Local dimming.

I'm not much much of an audiophile myself, but what I've found really blows me away is Atmos. If you can get something set up with Atmos is imo the most impressive audio wise.

As for TVs. You can't really go wrong with anything Samsung, Sony or LG. OLEDs and QLEDs are both impressive. But if you can get a very nice LED 4K HDR TVs for much cheaper now.

4K. And HDR are your biggest wants. HDR that can handle Dolby Vision and/or HDR10 etc. And if you can find one with local dimming is preferable. I'm actually hoping to pick up a new TV either this year or next Black Friday one with Local dimming.

Awesome. Thank you for the tips!

Blu ray players are pretty affordable. Depending on size and type so are 4K TVs. Imho OLED is well worth it, as the pure black (with OLED for the color black the pixel emits no light) makes for a truly stunning image. Then find a good deal on a Dolby Atmos sound bar and you’re good to go. But seriously, if you want to save money there’s great deals out there on 4K TVs. They don’t cost the arm and a leg that they used to.

Edit: A soundbar with subwoofer included is also well worth it. (Some come without subwoofers.) You want that low rumble that you can physically feel for the big action scenes.

Last edited:
IMG_20231128_083603_895.jpg
Screenshot_20231128_084023_Gallery.jpg

saw it posted on his onesixthkit fb group
absolutely nuts that kit has only gotten through 10% of his orders

It actually feels kind of cool that they are coming out in batches like this. Makes them seem less mass-produced and more artisanal. Like they're being made to order by craftsmen, not manufactured.

And yes, I know all figures are handmade to some degree, but somehow this feels more custom. Kinda?

OR, this is just my brain trying to justify not being able to immediately have the expensive toy that the other kids have! :lol

Back